LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 12 2008

crazy

Someone new

Hello
I am not actually new to this forum, it has been a while that I know about it, and read posts in it.. some interesting, some less:) but all fun and well let me put it this way: I learned some stuff here.
I have been surfing like a ghost here for more than a year, but never had taken the time to post something... until now:)
It's a very nice community that have grown in this savage place called Lebanon, and it can grow to be even much better, seeing the people in it, and the project master, I think this forum is here to stay... hopefully:)

To introduce myself, a geek? Depends on the definition. Do I like computers, no but I love it. Computer games, for now world of warcraft takes the whole bit of my game time.
As for the big question---> Am I a hardware guy (sorry people, I am a guy... ) or a software guy? This you will have to see for yourself:)

For the moment, I will stop here, maybe you're going to see more of me.... if the internet does not go byebye:)

Crazy <-- can be sometimes

#2 March 13 2008

WizaRd

Re: Someone new

Here is your official welcome to the forum!

WTB more software guys !

How is WoW ? latency ? internet connection ?  on what server ? te72ee2

#3 March 13 2008

crazy

Hehe, thanks wizard:)
Guess you're also a bit hooked on wow? Well I play on european servers (a french server actually). Latency is great almost all the time I get around 200 300 latency (even when more than one account are playing at the same time -- brother play as well) even in peak times like 8h 9h. Internet connection, I have a 128kbps account from a reseller of VISP, very stable connection, main problem is that one download screws up the connection, but I am not complaining, it is just 128 in the end:)

Hope I got all your questions wizard:)

#4 March 13 2008

mir

ya hala !

I have been surfing like a ghost here for more than a year, but never had taken the time to post something... until now:)

i wonder y ppl do that
all you ghost surfers.. show yourselves !!!! now !!!!!

As for the big question---> Am I a hardware guy (sorry people, I am a guy... ) or a software guy? This you will have to see for yourself:)

well.. a3lana l peace between the software ppl and the hardware ppl a time ago
so have no fear

#5 March 13 2008

crazy

Thank you mir for your message of welcome:)
A peace between software and hardware... I've seen the posts.. but come on guys.. this cannot be:) or actually it can... makes you wonder

#6 March 13 2008

samer
Admin

hello Crazy!
it's nice you finally decided to start posting here :)

What are you majoring in?

#7 March 13 2008

crazy

Hello Samer:)
I am majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering at AUB, concentrating my courses in communication and networking (whenever I find this kindof course I jump on the occasion.. they do not offer a lot of networking courses unfortunatly)

#8 March 14 2008

WizaRd

Name is christophe ?

I played wow since day 1 on US servers (ya3neh december 24th 2004)

Right now im playing on european servers  about 500-600 ms local cable and 700-800ms on IDM

#9 March 14 2008

crazy

lol wizard:) you could be many people ^^ but I guess it's nareg? of course you know miled.. so I am not sure.. what a smaaaaaaaaaall world:p

#10 March 14 2008

WizaRd

Say hi to mathieu ;) now  you know hehe

Last edited by Flyingwizard (March 14 2008)

#11 March 14 2008

crazy

ohhh ok:) nice.. I didn't know you played wow;)

#12 March 14 2008

WizaRd

WHAAAAT ? kif you didnt know !!

omg well.. yalla welcome to the forums

#13 April 1 2008

LebaneseChiphead

Ya Hala ;)

#14 May 28 2008

rolf