LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3976 September 21 2020

LifeEngineer

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DG wrote:

Does anyone know if Ogero is planning to extend the "double speed/ quota" beyond the month of September ?

Well I don't "Know" but I can speculate that since they kept that rule for all of summer, when there's no schools at all, they'll keep it for the next coming months since school will start, corona is increasing, and online teaching will be back...

#3977 September 27 2020

scorz

Hello, I have the unlimited quota 4MB package;
And whenever I upload, the internet will turn to shit until the upload is done.
I can't browse nor do anything download-related.
It's been going for a while now but it's becoming more and more annoying.
Notes that video call/audio call doesn't affect it (I'm no network expert but it may be something related to TCP protocol since UDP is not causing the problem?)
Anyone facing the same issue?

#3978 September 27 2020

vengeance666

scorz wrote:

Notes that video call/audio call doesn't affect it (I'm no network expert but it may be something related to TCP protocol since UDP is not causing the problem?)

Upload is around 900kbit download is 4mbit. Upload is around 4 times slower than download.

#3979 September 28 2020

scorz

vengeance666 wrote:
scorz wrote:

Upload is around 900kbit download is 4mbit. Upload is around 4 times slower than download.

I know, the problem is that when uploading the download is dead; ping when gaming goes up to 1second and can't even browse google.

#3980 September 28 2020

vengeance666

scorz wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:
scorz wrote:

I know, the problem is that when uploading the download is dead; ping when gaming goes up to 1second and can't even browse google.

Everything you do requires both download and upload. Especially when gaming you can't have your upload being fully used and expect ping to stay in acceptable range. It's pretty normal I guess. Downloading also requires you to send requests and receive them, you're having problems sending these requests because your upload is capped to maximum. In my case if I'm downloading I can't upload properly. And well browsing requires uploading to an extent too. Check your snr margin and attenuation on your upload in the modem settings just to make sure there is no other problem lying in there but from where I see it it's mostly that your upload is too slow to handle more than one thing at a time.

#3981 September 29 2020

LifeEngineer

I have the unlimited speed 200GB plan.
My download speeds can reach 15mbps. The upload is by definition, on any regular DSL, limited to 1mbps.

However recently I have been noticing lots and lots of issues with my connection:
-On ogero router's wifi, most of the phones connect but display "no internet" and nothing works. A reboot of the router sometimes work, sometimes not.
-Luckily for me I have connected another TP-Link router to the Ogero router (to act as a repeater/extender) and when I connect to this router's wifi everything works great!
-When I upload anything, even a small Whatsapp video, as scorz said, my download completely vanishes! This is pretty annoying and I don't remember it happening few months back.
-Some websites are not opening, some random websites nothing fishy or dirty...

Last edited by LifeEngineer (September 29 2020)

#3982 September 29 2020

TheIlluminative

تمت الموافقة على طلب وزير الاتصالات المهندس طلال حواط بالتنسيق مع وزير التربية الدكتور طارق المجذوب، بتجديد رفع السرعة وحجم الاستهلاك للاشتراكات التابعة للوزارة/أوجيرو وتخفيض الأسعار لشركات الإنترنت وشركات نقل المعلومات الخاصة لغاية 31/12/20

#3983 October 19 2020

bobo619

Anyone on Ogero experience packet loss during peak hours and bandwidth throttling ? Because i have this problem and all the isp can tell everytime is that Ogero is having problems and fixing it.

#3984 October 19 2020

Larsa

Been having issues as well.
Well at least they're telling you there's a problem.
All I'm getting is "kel shi up 3ende, el meshkle men 3endak estez". Lovely

#3985 October 19 2020

vengeance666

Yea I noticed today hasn't been stable like it usually is, sometimes pages take a while to load

#3986 October 20 2020

wollyka

I am getting high packets lost (50%) today at IDM (noon)

#3987 October 24 2020

mher11

Hello,
Anyone knows if the gaming packages that other ISPs are offering are better than ogero's open speed? Like cyberia's gaming and there's this thglobal vision also. Anyone tried those?

#3988 October 24 2020

vengeance666

mher11 wrote:

Hello,
Anyone knows if the gaming packages that other ISPs are offering are better than ogero's open speed? Like cyberia's gaming and there's this thglobal vision also. Anyone tried those?

No. It's pretty simple, you want to game? Go for Ogero. If your line is stable enough you can request interleaving turned off for even lower ping.

#3989 November 26 2020

Doom

For those who managed to get an IPv6 address, can you share your settings?
Whenever I enable it in my router, I never receive a public ip. I've tried both DHCPv6 and SLAAC, I don't know if there's other values I should tweak.

#3990 December 5 2020

potato

Getting constant dsl disconnections on ogero from mazraa central 100 times per day if not more. Ill give them 1 month if nothing is solved. Will switch to 4g since no support provided.

Last edited by potato (December 5 2020)

#3991 December 8 2020

user

potato wrote:

Getting constant dsl disconnections on ogero from mazraa central 100 times per day if not more. Ill give them 1 month if nothing is solved. Will switch to 4g since no support provided.

same issue in Jounieh. Though the 4g signal in my house is shit as well. If things don't improve I'll have to go back to Canada.

#3992 December 13 2020

GeorgeN

mher11 wrote:

Hello,

Don't go with thglobalvision, I switched over to them from sodetel 6 months ago, they were amazing until starting 1-2 weeks ago and they are now having the same problems I was with sodetel, crazy fluctuating pings to the adsl modem gateway and timeouts.

#3993 December 13 2020

nuclearcat

GeorgeN if you have ping issues to DSL modem - it is not thgv issue.
If you have problem with thgv - i can check that, send me trace please to 10.0.25.10 and i will check rest.
I dont exclude that Ogero(DSP) have congestion on your centrale, then doesnt matter where you go...

#3994 December 13 2020

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

GeorgeN if you have ping issues to DSL modem - it is not thgv issue.
If you have problem with thgv - i can check that, send me trace please to 10.0.25.10 and i will check rest.
I dont exclude that Ogero(DSP) have congestion on your centrale, then doesnt matter where you go...

Hi nuclearcat, it's not to my own dsl modem, but the modem gateway (192.168.99.1), fluctuating between 5ms, 250ms, and timeouts as so:

badping

Here is also 2 tracerts to 10.0.25.10:

tracert

It's very weird because I never had this issue until recently. Used to always have 60ms ping to europe on games, now it goes 150 - 300ms, then back to 60ms for a minute, then 150 - 300 for 20 seconds, back to 60 for 10 seconds, etc etc.

Thanks.

Last edited by GeorgeN (December 13 2020)

#3995 December 13 2020

nuclearcat

192.168.99.1 is BRAS on THGV side, so problem is between your modem and BRAS. Between BRAS and you following possible congestion points:
1)DSL modem (check link speed, might be speed dropping due noise, or might be some upload flood, i hope you modem have necessary counters)
2)Ogero network (prone to have congestion, especially at specific centrales)
3)THGV network (i have plenty of capacity there and monitoring this part)
4)BRAS load (also being monitored, lot of free CPU)

If you can tell me centrale, i will ask support if they have similar complaints, so we can ask Ogero to fix it.

#3996 December 13 2020

GeorgeN

nuclearcat wrote:

192.168.99.1 is BRAS on THGV side, so problem is between your modem and BRAS. Between BRAS and you following possible congestion points:
1)DSL modem (check link speed, might be speed dropping due noise, or might be some upload flood, i hope you modem have necessary counters)

If you can tell me centrale, i will ask support if they have similar complaints, so we can ask Ogero to fix it.

Thanks for the feedback.

1)I checked the link speed several times, download is always 6 - 7.5mbps and upload 700 - 900kbps, while ping is still fluctuating a lot to 192.168.99.1 so i'm sure it's not an issue from link speed. Also I tried disabling internet on all devices except main computer, speed was full and ping issue was still there.

2) Most likely I believe it's Ogero network, I belong to Mansourieh centrale (I live right under the baladiyye). I guess I can call thgv support tomorrow

Thanks for the help : )

#3997 December 14 2020

nuclearcat

GeorgeN wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

1)I checked the link speed several times, download is always 6 - 7.5mbps and upload 700 - 900kbps, while ping is still fluctuating a lot to 192.168.99.1 so i'm sure it's not an issue from link speed. Also I tried disabling internet on all devices except main computer, speed was full and ping issue was still there.

2) Most likely I believe it's Ogero network, I belong to Mansourieh centrale (I live right under the baladiyye). I guess I can call thgv support tomorrow

After checking with support i got similar complaints about spikes of latency in games. Going to collect statistics about locations and trying to find out where those lags happening.

#3998 December 16 2020

wollyka

GeorgeN wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

Unrelated question. I am moving to Mansourieh soon, close to Baladieyh (200m). Do you know where is the Centrale located by any chance?

#3999 December 27 2020

Bero

Hello guys,

Last week i got my DSL internet connection with ogero and ever since the first day, my connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly.
Ogero sent a guy to check the Landline cable then they sent another guy to check all cable to my house and everything looked fine. then the guy thought the disconnection was caused by the filter so he gave me a new filter but the problem persisted .
i tried the following :
Changed modem.
Changed cables.
Changes filter.
Connect without the landline.
Connect without the filter.
But till now nothing seems to solve the problem. last time i called ogero they said it could be a problem with the " Centrale "
any one had such problem ?

Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=224ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=234ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=227ms TTL=253
Request timed out.
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=228ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=220ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=224ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=225ms TTL=253
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.2.1: Destination net unreachable.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=223ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=215ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=226ms TTL=253
Request timed out.
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=227ms TTL=253
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=223ms TTL=253
Request timed out.
Reply from 172.217.18.46: bytes=32 time=214ms TTL=253

#4000 December 28 2020

Beta0

Seems like modem issue or the path to the modem connection (wifi?), else its Ogero network side since ADSL would drop at longer periods at such close intervals, your pings are close between losses. I wouldn't hold my breath for Ogero to do anything, I would start looking for a different ISP non ADSL, 7 years no result here.

Last edited by Beta0 (December 28 2020)

Board footer