LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 8 2019

AymanS

Shipping from Alibaba to lebanon

Hey guys , need your advice in shipping from alibaba
Anyone has experience that he can share with me
How do customs work ?
Lets us say that the merchandise cost 1000$
How much does customs take to clear the items
If electronics or accessories or cloth for example
And how long does it take to ship to Lebanon .

#2 September 26 2019

Dan28

Re: Shipping from Alibaba to lebanon

AymanS wrote:

How do customs work ?

most of the time it gets shipped by sea, it takes 21+ days. you'll pay 11% taxes + the new 3%, clearance, insurance and some other bullshit like customs overtime and stamps.
once the shipment arrives they'll call you to go to the port, show the invoice and fill release papers, it can be a hassle.
they also charge for storage after 10 days i think.

#3 September 26 2019

nuclearcat

If you ship not by containers, IMO associated fees like Dan28 mentioned (clearance, insurance, various ministries tests) will be somehow higher than $1000, it highly depends on customs broker.
Depends on items they might need to pass/have various certifications, if it is commercial shipment.

#4 September 26 2019

Tech Guru

AymanS wrote:

How do customs work ?

I recently shipped a 10k container of goods from them ( Sea - CIF). It took me 27 days to reach the port, and I paid ~ 12.5k ( all inclusive including the recent 3%).  I pay a  broker agent who manages for me the paper work hustle to release the container. I can manage it myself ,  which I used to do , but my time is fully occupied.

Last edited by Tech Guru (September 26 2019)

#5 September 26 2019

nuclearcat

+2.5k or it was 10k+12.5k?

#6 September 26 2019

Tech Guru

nuclearcat wrote:

+2.5k or it was 10k+12.5k?

10k goods + 2.5K expenses

#7 September 25 2020

Fouche

Hello guys..

I want to ship from China to Lebanon..and my shipments usually weigh around 10 - 30kg "i have a new/small online shop"..
what would be the most cheapest/money-saving way to ship by air..

i contacted a logistics company here in Lebanon.. and they said it would cost around 10$/kg.... so 100$ for 10kg (includes import/custom fees..) but i must pay in fresh dollars...

However, i read somewhere that Shopandship charges 1$=3900LL  by cash upon receiving the shipment..
can anyone confirm it ? or does anyone know of a better solution?

Suggestions Please... Thank you!

#8 September 25 2020

m0ei

You'd have to pay customs with S&S. Also if there's no invoices, the customs will give their own estimate, if the price is above 800$, they will put it on hold. It will require extra processing and will cost you more, Aramex will take an extra 200-300k LL.

S&S 30kg => 342$ if you have flex. You'd need to pay the fees at 3500 LL/$ if I'm not mistaken. You'll end up paying around 160$ cash USD. Then you have to pay customs and aramex fees. which will vary depending on the total cost of your order.

Last edited by m0ei (September 25 2020)

#9 September 25 2020

Fouche

m0ei wrote:

You'd have to pay customs with S&S. Also if there's no invoices, the customs will give their own estimate, if the price is above 800$, they will put it on hold. It will require extra processing and will cost you more, Aramex will take an extra 200-300k LL.

S&S 30kg => 342$ if you have flex. You'd need to pay the fees at 3500 LL/$ if I'm not mistaken. You'll end up paying around 160$ cash USD. Then you have to pay customs and aramex fees. which will vary depending on the total cost of your order.

Thank you for the detailed explanation..

however, by "Aramex will take an extra 200-300k LL."... you mean that applies only if the price is above $800?

Also, "Then you have to pay customs and aramex fees".. what other aramex fees? Shouldn't the final price "342$" include all aramex Fees..?

#10 October 13 2020

gamer4life

Hi guys, anyone here knows a decent shipping agency for both air and sea shipping from china? I have some products containing batteries in them so Aramex is not an option for me because of the restriction on products containing batteries.
Thank you

#11 July 17 2023

tricky

looking into shipping some items from china as well, anybody know any decent agency to handle all the hassel, item weight around 30kg

Board footer