LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 23 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Rocket Fast Connection Anyone?

Does anyone know a place with ROCKET-FAST internet connection? Our work has been running slow lately because we haven't been able to provide lots of clients with certain demands. We need some place with a really fast internet connection, downloading purposes. Money is no object. If anyone can help us out, please PM us or post it here. Thanks upfront!

#2 March 23 2008

samer
Admin

Re: Rocket Fast Connection Anyone?

If you want a downlink only, you can get internet by satellite (checkout SatGate, most illegal cable providers get theirs from there). For the uplink, you'll have to do it the traditional way, or try to smuggle in the equipment.

Ogero is providing HDSL for 200$/month (residential) for a connection up to 2.3mbits/s (symmetrical) but it is limited to 8gb up + 8gb down (what a pity)

Ask around the traditional ISPs for SOHO or corporate solutions. Moreover, companies like FastNET and VISP are known to provide reliable services.

I hope this helps!

#3 March 23 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Samer, we don't want a connection for home use. We're looking for an internet cafe with fast connection. Know one? Again, money is no object. We need downspeed.

#4 March 23 2008

Padre

AUB FTW :) then again, it's not a net cafe  AND the servers on the other side need to be fast enough

as a benchmark, we usually get anything between 400kBytes and 1.5 MBytes/sec overnight. that's the only restriction.

Last edited by Padre (March 23 2008)

#5 March 23 2008

rolf

Padre wrote:

AUB FTW :) then again, it's not a net cafe  AND the servers on the other side need to be fast enough

as a benchmark, we usually get anything between 400kBytes and 1.5 MBytes/sec overnight. that's the only restriction.

I want

#6 March 23 2008

samer
Admin

Tigerheart.Hackers wrote:

Samer, we don't want a connection for home use. We're looking for an internet cafe with fast connection. Know one? Again, money is no object. We need downspeed.

oh, my bad :)

#7 March 23 2008

hj88

Well I Know That You Can have a 1meg/256  dedicate throught microwave for about 2000 $ per month from cyberia

#8 March 23 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Guys, INTERNET CAFE. Surely there has to be one where classy people go, but where?

#9 March 24 2008

mir

Guys, INTERNET CAFE. Surely there has to be one where classy people go, but where?

MegaWeb.. furn el chebbak
</joke>

well you have to hangout in the classy areas and see

i doubt that you may find this in a netcafe
i think what you looking for can be found at Unis or if you have friends working in ISPs , Bank or shi big company heik
they can queu it up for you

#10 March 25 2008

Padre

well i can give you a server, where u can host what ever u like and i'll dl them for you and give them the next day  but for heaven's sake, whatever i send you, seems to never reach you  we need to fix that :)

#11 March 25 2008

Tigerheart.Hackers

Padre, I've e-mailed you and PMed you a trillion billion gazillion times. E-mail me back, dude!

#12 March 26 2008

Padre

well, PM shouldn't have worked, just seemed like my Inbox is 111% usage and not notifying me of new messages :S just read couple of new ones not from you tho. i'm sending u a PM now with my email, im using msn or just mail me directly. or PM me ur IM.

#13 March 26 2008

samer
Admin

<offtopic>
PM storage increased to 100 messages.
</offtopic>

#14 March 27 2008

7aRami

<offtopic>
talking about PMs, where can I access my inbox from?? :S I know this is a dumb question.. but I am serious.. :/
</offtopic>

#15 March 27 2008

mir

<off topic>
you get a notification after you login that you have new messages or something under the menu

but if you want to just read you inbox.. there is no link
the address is:
http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/message_list.php
i think samer you should add a link

<nag>
the deleting of pm is really a painful process.. no such thing as select all delete
</nag>

</off topic>

Last edited by mir (March 27 2008)

#16 March 27 2008

7aRami

thanks mir!
<request>
samer plz reply to my message :rolleyes:
</request>

#17 March 27 2008

Padre

i sent a PM, and still didn't get anything
in case ur having trouble receiving it from me, take my email from MIR or Samer.
but ur the first one to ever tell me that

#18 March 27 2008

samer
Admin

Link added in the navigation :)
mir, your request requires a bit more hacking in the code, i'll look into it!

Board footer