LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 12 2008

partam

Double speed ADSL should be double the speed....

Is anyone on ADSL really getting double the speed?
i'm getting there only around midnight

#2 March 13 2008

WizaRd

Re: Double speed ADSL should be double the speed....

Well I have a 256K IDM account and my download speed is 130KB/s at day... and ~200KB/s at night..

yes... 256K.... and i am more than satisfied  I triple checked bank account and they only deduct 24 $

Just ask to be switched to the GDS network and you are good to go

Last edited by Flyingwizard (March 13 2008)

#3 March 13 2008

7aRami

It sucks when you have a good connection speed with very limited bandwidth... :|

#4 March 13 2008

crazy

With the option of terranet spreading everywhere-- the unlimited bandwidth at night-- scheduling your downloads is your friend. You can manage with a 2 3 4 5 6 -- 40 gb in the same way if you do this. Sure it's better to have a higher bandwidth so you can download any time you want. But hey, we can't have everything right?

#5 March 13 2008

WizaRd

I'm not sure about the 'Unlimited' part during the night to be honest. I doubt it really is unlimited all the time at double speed.

I was just pointing out that the day speed is like 100KB/s more than it should be - cache is out of the question since i am talking about private rapidshare links and files hosted on my friend's private hosts.

#6 March 13 2008

samer
Admin

I'm trying out TerraNet soon, they claim to have the same offer, did any of you guys try it out?
@Flyingwizard: nice! is this happening with other IDM customers?

#7 March 13 2008

partam

I'm on terranet and before 8 pm is faster than after 8....and after midnight it's 40K/s on 256
I guess terranet is the most congested....

IDM and Cyberia are now also double speed...unlimited after 11

#8 March 13 2008

crazy

A friend of mine has had the Terra 512kbps account for some time, he gets the double speed and the unlimited traffic at night (the time differ when it gets double, and when it goes unlimited). He's happy about it, he never exceeded his limits, and yes about the download he gets the full speed almost all of the time -- that is the most important thing we fight to have. But still DSL, I don't know, I am almost satisfied with my connection for now... almost, coz you can never be fully satisfied in leb;)

Board footer