LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1776 April 14 2018

Hackour

Re: Feedback for Sodetel

new_user wrote:

I had these stats this morning following a couple disconnections. What can I make of them?

Link Information

Uptime:    0 days, 0:10:56
Modulation:    G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    738 / 2.602
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [KB/KB]:    0,00 / 0,00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    12,0 / 19,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    40,0 / 60,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    9,5 / 10,0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote):    TMMB / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    10 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):    0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    480 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down):    96.551 / 2.134
CRC Errors (Up/Down):    306 / 2
HEC Errors (Up/Down):    1.060 / 2

try to connect the modem directly without spliter (filter) and telephone

if still the same try to connect the modem directly to ogero box

#1777 April 21 2018

new_user

Hackour wrote:

Is this something I can do by myself or do i need the help of an electrician for that?

#1778 April 21 2018

Hackour

new_user wrote:
Hackour wrote:

Is this something I can do by myself or do i need the help of an electrician for that?

you can but better to call an electrician

no one can open ogero box all the works will be outside the box

#1779 April 22 2018

xazbrat

Hackour wrote:
new_user wrote:
Hackour wrote:

you can but better to call an electrician

no one can open ogero box all the works will be outside the box

First connect the modem directly into outlet at home (basically into wall--no filter and try several if you have in the house) and see if you have the same issues.  When you do this, try to make it clean and don't have any phones plugged in--lots of times, the filters create more problems and they go bad randomly and suddenly.  If you have determined that there is an improvement, start by plugging in one phone at a time (with filter of course) and see if you can find the source of your problem.  If otoh you don't find an improvement, get an electrician and plug it in directly into the ogero box and see the results.  If there is a significant change, then you probably have an issue with the wiring to or into the apartment,  and if there isn't, then the issue is with Ogero/Sodetel on the lines themselves and you could call them and see if they will do anything about it.

In any case, gl.

#1780 April 25 2018

new_user

Removing all landline phones did solve my problem. Attenuation dropped from 60dB to 52dB which is a massive improvement. My connection is now faster and more stable. I can now play online games without facing any lag. I started adding back the phones one by one till I found the one responsible. Thanks for the help Hackour and xazbrat.

#1781 September 12 2018

new_user

I am checking my session stats on Sodetel's dslinfo page. It shows that my line always drops after being connected for 12 hours + or - 2 secs. This is too precise that it seems to be more of a configuration issue of some kind rather than a malfunction. Can someone with a stable connection please tell me what is the maximum session time you can get (from Sodetel's dslinfo page -> Current SESSIONS)? I'm wondering if it is something from Sodetel's side.

#1782 September 12 2018

nuclearcat

Most likely they set time limit, because they don't have proper CoA support in billing.

#1783 September 13 2018

new_user

nuclearcat wrote:

Most likely they set time limit, because they don't have proper CoA support in billing.

What does CoA stand for?

#1784 September 13 2018

nuclearcat

#1785 November 12 2018

chosen2k

Straight up lying from Sodetel should be ILLEGAL.

I received this SMS:
GREAT NEWS - Sodetel Fiber Internet is NOW available in your area!
Call us now on 1268 to make the switch!

Of course I called them and it's PRE-REGISTRATION with no set date on delivery date. (They said they had no clue and it's within 3 months maybe more).
I especially like the "NOW available" and make the switch.

#1786 November 12 2018

dio

chosen2k wrote:

Straight up lying from Sodetel should be ILLEGAL.

I received this SMS:
GREAT NEWS - Sodetel Fiber Internet is NOW available in your area!
Call us now on 1268 to make the switch!

Of course I called them and it's PRE-REGISTRATION with no set date on delivery date. (They said they had no clue and it's within 3 months maybe more).
I especially like the "NOW available" and make the switch.

Agree 100% it's false advertising. Fucking morons.

#1787 June 10 2019

Duath

anyone here switched to VDSL ?

#1788 December 5 2019

nefe_lpmk

Anyone configured VDSL with Sodetel, I got approved however the modem is not syncing.
Looking for the settings (VLAN...) to use as our go and forth with the support seems useless.

#1789 December 5 2019

wollyka

nefe_lpmk wrote:

Anyone configured VDSL with Sodetel, I got approved however the modem is not syncing.
Looking for the settings (VLAN...) to use as our go and forth with the support seems useless.

I had the same issue with IDM. I got approved and got the modem from them but it couldn't connect. You have to wait until the switch is made at the Central.  It may take up to 2-3 weeks. If you can still sync using adsl2+ it means that you are not connected to VDSL yet.

#1790 December 5 2019

nefe_lpmk

wollyka wrote:
nefe_lpmk wrote:

I had the same issue with IDM. I got approved and got the modem from them but it couldn't connect. You have to wait until the switch is made at the Central.  It may take up to 2-3 weeks. If you can still sync using adsl2+ it means that you are not connected to VDSL yet.

Thank you, I guess I have to wait contrary to what I have been informed by technical team.

#1791 December 12 2019

nefe_lpmk

For the future, to save you hours on call with support.

1) Wait for the DSP to switch your port, central side.

2) configure the following settings:
Sodetel VDSL settings:
VDSL2 Annex A/L
VLAN id: 0, unticked or Native (depending on your modem).
Connection type: PPOE LXXXXXX@sodetel.net.lb + Password.

#1792 January 16 2020

JudicatorKhoury

Need your guys' help.
I am soon leaving my house and my father wants to switch their home plan from our current ogero 2m unlimited plan to sodetel 2m unlimited plan.

Can anyone give me a review of sodetel in 2020?

#1793 March 19 2020

Adnan

Anyone tried to rage over the phone with customer support? Still no quota upgrade from these &*$#@s.

#1794 April 17 2020

GeorgeN

Hey guys, hope you're all doing well.

Just wanted to ask, has anyone been experiencing ridiculously high / spiky ping lately with Sodetel? It started happening to me about 2 weeks ago, and I absolutely can not use the internet for any sort of online gaming between 2 pm - 12 am. Is anyone else suffering from this? Is it just because there's too much traffic due to quarantine?

It's pretty frustrating

#1795 April 17 2020

AVOlio

You could have used the sodetel topic for your issue.

Also, piece of advice, change your ISP right away!!
Sodetel are crap.

Go with Ogero.

#1796 April 17 2020

GeorgeN

AVOlio wrote:

You could have used the sodetel topic for your issue.

Also, piece of advice, change your ISP right away!!
Sodetel are crap.

Go with Ogero.

Yes you're absolutely right, my bad I should have posted this there. Thanks for the advice, I hope it doesn't take long to swap over.

#1797 April 17 2020

Adnan

I used to play online with my Sodetel connection and it used to be fine before Coronavirus.
After the outbreak I started playing fifa online and it was unplayable, I noticed a lot of ping spikes.
This was a few weeks ago... Ever since I only played online using my 4G connection.

No problems with download speed tho.

#1798 April 17 2020

GeorgeN

Adnan wrote:

I used to play online with my Sodetel connection and it used to be fine before Coronavirus.
After the outbreak I started playing fifa online and it was unplayable, I noticed a lot of ping spikes.
This was a few weeks ago... Ever since I only played online using my 4G connection.

No problems with download speed tho.

Yes Adnan this is what I mean exactly. It was perfect before the quarantine. Right now the download is great, everything buffers at 720 / 1080p HD, but online games are completely unplayable, ping spikes like mad. I can only use it after 1 am and before 12 pm. My guess is that their routing paths are over-saturated, which is why I was asking here, because my friends with other ISPs have no issues with pings at all, so I was wondering why it's only happening to Sodetel; it can't be that they have more clients than everyone else or less bandwidth than all the other ISPs haha.

Last edited by GeorgeN (April 17 2020)

#1799 April 18 2020

nefe_lpmk

From the experience, it seems they have both, more clients and less bandwidth. Trying to make the extra profits.

They even gave us a ridiculous +30GB during quarantine which is infuriating, knowing that other ISP are doubling the quotas, and even giving free weekends.

That shows how much over-allocation they are using.

#1800 April 24 2020

GeorgeN

high gateway ping

The ping to just Sodetel's gateway [89.108.178.250] that comes right after the request leaves your own router, has insane variance. It jumps between 11ms and 550+ms. Don't know what the hell they are doing on that gateway, if it's just overloaded with requests, or if they're just giving packets low priority.

Board footer