LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 4 2008

rebel0

lehhhhhhhhhhhh?

Comon, why all this inactivity in the forum, wallah 7aram, most topics i saw was posted in 2006 or 07,7aram wlo to leave this site die,Samer comon u have to do sthg to revive this site, i have some ideas , is it possible inno every week to have a reply on a thread??? if interested in my idea although it will be against ur laws but at least every thousand member forum is using, and i really want to be part and see a lebanese forum to be just like other international forums,

#2 February 5 2008

mir

Re: lehhhhhhhhhhhh?

a real rebel.. finally !

Samer comon u have to do sthg to revive this site

and i really want to be part and see a lebanese forum to be just like other international forums

exactly

i don't want to post a reply.... it will become <snip> <snip>
but in general what i like around here , that the forum is simple, clean, useful
n there are intresting ppl
there is lot of room for imporvements

will post something when i have some free time.. now too busy at work

Last edited by mir (February 5 2008)

#3 February 5 2008

rebel0

Lol,thanks for the compliment mir,ur one loyal user of this forum, at least there's no post u didnt reply to ,
Anyways Samer, i'l be waiting a reply from u to see if u are interested in my opinions or not, Goodluck all

#4 February 5 2008

samer
Admin

I am open to all ideas, as long as they don't disrupt this :

the forum is simple, clean, useful

#5 February 6 2008

rebel0

Hello, ofcourse man it will continue to be simple clean and much more useful,
my ideas are: first lets open some new categories, for example computer issues, many newbies around in lebanon have many issues in their computer and they can just post their problems there, allowing a supervisor "for the category" or any user to post the problem solving, and so on ,new categories must be added , another thing is, which i think is a must but dont know if it goes along with your beliefs, is "Softwares", i mean common man there should be a software download center in this forum, any well known IT forum have its software center, where any user will upload his software on "megaupload", "Rapidshare", or any other upload server,and users will just download them, i suppose many users around the world just join tech forums for this, and i mean cracked version, third idea, to promote the site by adds, im ready to na3mil sherkeh 7alabeyeh  for this, we can put the site name on waseet on streets, around leb or at least beirut, wo khalleh il sha3eb yfoot.
those were some of my ideas man, and i hope others would share theirs too.
Much appreciation to you Samer and to all.

#6 February 6 2008

samer
Admin

Hello rebel0,

first lets open some new categories

It is a quite a known concept that forums with fewer members should have fewer categories in order to concentrate their posts.

and i mean cracked version

We already have a private area where you can request much about anything.

we can put the site name on waseet on streets, around leb or at least beirut, wo khalleh il sha3eb yfoot.

Now, that's a very nice idea - provided we get funded by the members. We should also try to contact university students in computer science and CCE.

Thank you for your suggestions, they are much appreciated.

Samer.

#7 February 6 2008

rolf

I reiterate a very old idea: to advertise the forum :)
(i'm thinking about message boards in universities)
It will bring new members and some movement to this forum.

Last edited by rolf (February 6 2008)

#8 February 6 2008

mir

there should be a software download center in this forum, any well known IT forum have its software center, where any user will upload his software on "megaupload", "Rapidshare", or any other upload server,and users will just download them, i suppose many users around the world just join tech forums for this, and i mean cracked version

well first thing. when u said will upload his software . u meant software that the person wrote ?
well i wonder how many of us write a software every week and just decide to upload it
it may happen to me once every month at best

as for the cracked versions i am not with this idea
first it is illegal
why would we do this and get in trouble?
i think a more appropriate thing would be to help user find and download open source alternative that would do the same job the wanted cracked software would do
and maybe help the users learn a bit about the feature and learn the open source software once
cuz as someone said : "the biggest tribute u can do to open source is use it"
maybe some forum for open source stuff should be nice

I am ok with the Idea of billboard..should be nice and some adv in universities also
and sure will help with some $ or time

Last edited by mir (February 6 2008)

#9 February 6 2008

samer
Admin

I second Mir's idea about promoting open source alternatives for pirated software in Lebanon.
But I am not against pirated software for the Mir's main reason ("it is illegal").
We will not tolerate pirated software simply because it is useless to promote it here, there are dozens of other locations that are already providing you with the links. What's more, requests can be made in the private area (visible for loyal members only) - but in no way will we ever host pirated software on our servers.

#10 February 6 2008

mir

well.. my main reason is "the biggest tribute u can do to open source is use it"  at least use it or show others how to use it

i mentioned the legal/illegal thing cuz don't want to get samer in trouble
and if u are going public.. u have to respect the laws wether u like it or not

requests of demo copy that lasts forever via pm  (joking)

#11 February 13 2008

rebel0

hehe, well your right with the sub categories, i thought it will be better when there are more topics in em so that they will appear in search engines,however im ok with advertising ,and i'l be very helpful in funding, i can give about 1 $ every 5 to 6 months ..
im joking, just lets do a timeplan to start the campaign.
mir no i didnt mean our programs i meant the pirated programs  and as long as its illegal its more wanted from me and for others.plus samer,i think there are guys in leb that really dont know anyplace to find those softwares, i mean sometimes they ask about something which they could find in the forum if they used the word "Search" meaning, you have to offer something and not let others give it,thats my opinion, and i just meant to give links to software uploaded on diff server not this one.

Board footer