LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3526 July 13 2019

xazbrat

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Moudimadi wrote:
xazbrat wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello,i wanna ask you. did you see any ogero guys working in our area Dawhet Aramoun? Till now i didn't see any of them. Reply as soon as possible please. i'm waiting for the FTTC to take VDSL.

I saw them maybe a month ago near kareems bakery on the main road towards the turn to Hassan mosque.  I haven't seen anyone since, but have seen a few of their vehicles around---just not doing work that I could see.  You are lucky---my max speed here according to Ogero is 3mb---you are lucky to be getting 16 in our area.

Hello again. I hope you'll get faster speeds very soon. Im getting 13 to 14 mbit max on speedtest but inside the router it's sometimes 16 sometimes 17. i dont know why im not getting all the speed. Maybe because it's not a dedicated connection. Anyway i hope we get FTTC as soon as possible because we need it in our area. I live beside doha pharmacy. same building of radwan market i dont know if you know it. The cabinet is very near to the building i live in.

You live up on the other side of Aramoun---that big cabinet in Aramoun near Sousa seems to have been made for the 'sakanheh' and you seem to be recipient being on the road to it.  I live down near Blom and we don't get anywhere near those speeds here.  Hopefully that changes soon.

#3527 July 17 2019

Moudimadi

Hello, i have a problem. Since 1 week. im having high pings to google servers. i used to have 45 ms stable. Now it's minimum 70. Sometimes reaches 120 ms. On speedtest i get 80 or 90 ms to lebanese servers even though i have the fast only path mode on by ogero's side. If anyone could help me please. Thank you

#3528 July 17 2019

Doom

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello, i have a problem. Since 1 week. im having high pings to google servers. i used to have 45 ms stable. Now it's minimum 70. Sometimes reaches 120 ms. On speedtest i get 80 or 90 ms to lebanese servers even though i have the fast only path mode on by ogero's side. If anyone could help me please. Thank you

Maybe it got deactivated? Give them a call.

#3529 July 17 2019

Moudimadi

Doom wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Maybe it got deactivated? Give them a call.

Hello Doom. I did that they said it's still on fast mode on..

#3530 July 23 2019

Moudimadi

Hello guys. Can anyone of you ping to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 google servers and tell me how much ms you're getting? I had a problem in my ping it has been minimum 70 to 200 ms. i used to get always 45 ms stable on google servers and 8 to 9 on speedtest lebanese servers. i opened a ticket. and my problem was solved yesterday morning. got 45 ms again. yesterday night it went back 70 to 200 ms. I talked to Ogero and i've open a ticket. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

#3531 July 23 2019

ahk40a

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello guys. Can anyone of you ping to 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1 google servers and tell me how much ms you're getting? I had a problem in my ping it has been minimum 70 to 200 ms. i used to get always 45 ms stable on google servers and 8 to 9 on speedtest lebanese servers. i opened a ticket. and my problem was solved yesterday morning. got 45 ms again. yesterday night it went back 70 to 200 ms. I talked to Ogero and i've open a ticket. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.

Hello Moudi, based on your recent comments here, you said you are in Aramoun, near the Statue, are you suffering from downtown and disruption in the network? I believe we both are sharing the same cable from Ogero, as per the layouts that I have seen earlier.

#3532 July 23 2019

Moudimadi

Hello, I'm just suffering of high ping to google servers and lebanese servers on speedtest. Just this problem. I dont live near the statue. I live beside Dohat Aramoun Pharmacy. How much speed are you getting? You're an Ogero subscriber?

Last edited by Moudimadi (July 23 2019)

#3533 July 23 2019

Moudimadi

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Hello Moudi, based on your recent comments here, you said you are in Aramoun, near the Statue, are you suffering from downtown and disruption in the network? I believe we both are sharing the same cable from Ogero, as per the layouts that I have seen earlier.

Hello, I'm just suffering of high ping to google servers and lebanese servers on speedtest. Just this problem. I dont live near the statue. I live beside Dohat Aramoun Pharmacy. How much speed are you getting? You're an Ogero subscriber?

#3534 July 24 2019

ahk40a

Moudimadi wrote:
ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

The speed varies between 2 and 2.5 Mbps, depends of several variables such as temperature, humidity, and electricity. Doha Pharmacy, is the one after Villa Harmoush, correct? And yes I am an Ogero subscriber. Honestly, it is the most stable of all of the ISPs especially that the other ISPs do not have their DSPs installed in Khalde CO.

Also, I have the same as what you have described before, our cable takes the longest path to reach the CO and is not connected to the active room in the area.

Last edited by ahk40a (July 24 2019)

#3535 July 24 2019

Moudimadi

ahk40a wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:
ahk40a wrote:

The speed varies between 2 and 2.5 Mbps, depends of several variables such as temperature, humidity, and electricity. Doha Pharmacy, is the one after Villa Harmoush, correct? And yes I am an Ogero subscriber. Honestly, it is the most stable of all of the ISPs especially that the other ISPs do not have their DSPs installed in Khalde CO.

Also, I have the same as what you have described before, our cable takes the longest path to reach the CO and is not connected to the active room in the area.

Right, after villa Harmouch. I hope they install fiber to the cabinet as soon as possible so our issues could be solved.

#3536 July 26 2019

Moudimadi

I asked Mr,imad Kreidieh about when is fttc coming to Aramoun, This was his reply: The whole exchange of khaldeh that serves you is being studied and we will hand out the designs to the contractors by mid august

#3537 July 27 2019

HzSamer

Moudimadi wrote:

I asked Mr,imad Kreidieh about when is fttc coming to Aramoun, This was his reply: The whole exchange of khaldeh that serves you is being studied and we will hand out the designs to the contractors by mid august

Great news!

#3538 July 27 2019

Kareem

7157be494db39eaf59013fa54f385117.png

Seriously I'm tired of waiting... It's been 9 months and they keep pushing things to the next quarter.... very annoying the lebanese way....

#3539 July 27 2019

Raficoo

Well when Mr.Imad did his last Facebook live broadcast, he showed my city and my area getting FTTH at the end of the year, so atleast it didn't get postponed for a 3rd time lol

#3540 July 29 2019

xazbrat

Kareem wrote:

https://i.gyazo.com/7157be494db39eaf590 … 385117.png

Seriously I'm tired of waiting... It's been 9 months and they keep pushing things to the next quarter.... very annoying the lebanese way....

Likewise---was supposed to be 3rd quarter of last year, then 3rd quarter this year and now, poof, disappeared--nothing.  And people wonder why I prefer the private sector to take care of things like telco and electricity......

#3541 July 29 2019

new_user

HzSamer wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

Great news!

I don't know how much of good news it is since Khaldeh got removed from the deployment plan on Ogero website. It was scheduled for Q3 but now it is no where to be seen, not even in Q4! I am pessimistic.

#3542 July 29 2019

Moudimadi

Hello Guys. I have a problem since like 2 weeks.Suddenly ping increased to 72 ms minimum to 200 ms to google servers. and on speedtest Lebanese servers it's not 30 or 40 ms. I talked to ogero several times. Today they told me that: Hello,
the relevant team says you should visit the nearest programming center to configure your modem. I did reconfigure it by myself because i have the pppoe username and password. But it didn't work and i did a new software for it. same. High ping. What should i do? Anyone can help me please?

#3543 July 29 2019

DG

Start by making sure  no one else (in your house or building) is using your connection with or without your knowledge when you are testing the ping.
You can also try a different modem as you have the pppoe username and password.

#3544 July 30 2019

Moudimadi

DG wrote:

Start by making sure  no one else (in your house or building) is using your connection with or without your knowledge when you are testing the ping.
You can also try a different modem as you have the pppoe username and password.

Hello DG, No one is using my wifi without my knowledge + i did a ping test without anyone connected to the wifi except my laptop. and i tried another modem i have. Same thing. High ping. Ogero don't know why. Again fast mode is on by their side.

#3545 July 30 2019

nuclearcat

Try several things:
1)Traceroute to some external host (where you are checking ping)
2)Get your IP on google or elsewhere, and do traceroute from some "looking glass" website, from some europe location (better Germany)

It will show where latency is increasing, on which hop

#3546 July 30 2019

Moudimadi

nuclearcat wrote:

Try several things:
1)Traceroute to some external host (where you are checking ping)
2)Get your IP on google or elsewhere, and do traceroute from some "looking glass" website, from some europe location (better Germany)

It will show where latency is increasing, on which hop

can you send me some ip's to do traceroute on them? I'm pinging on 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1

#3547 August 1 2019

TigerFox

Hello , does anyone know how to contact Imad Kreidieh ? Thank you

#3548 August 1 2019

LifeEngineer

TigerFox wrote:

Hello , does anyone know how to contact Imad Kreidieh ? Thank you

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ikreidieh
He's very active.

#3549 August 1 2019

Abou7meed

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello Guys. I have a problem since like 2 weeks.Suddenly ping increased to 72 ms minimum to 200 ms to google servers. and on speedtest Lebanese servers it's not 30 or 40 ms. I talked to ogero several times. Today they told me that: Hello,
the relevant team says you should visit the nearest programming center to configure your modem. I did reconfigure it by myself because i have the pppoe username and password. But it didn't work and i did a new software for it. same. High ping. What should i do? Anyone can help me please?

How did you get the user/pass of your account, did you extract it from the old modem model, or is it wasta ?
If there is a way to extract the user/pass from the TP link white modem model , please share it.

#3550 August 1 2019

Moudimadi

Abou7meed wrote:
Moudimadi wrote:

How did you get the user/pass of your account, did you extract it from the old modem model, or is it wasta ?
If there is a way to extract the user/pass from the TP link white modem model , please share it.

There is a way to extract it. I forgot how because i did that long time ago. But i can help you by telling you that the way to extract is available on lebgeeks. it was a post but i'm not finding anymore. I can jst remember that i extracted it from Mozilla firefox.

Board footer