LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3451 March 31 2019

Aly

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Oh shit, i bet they will soon change the “TBA” to “Forget about it”.

#3452 March 31 2019

Raficoo

My city was originally listed for Q1 2019, then Q2, and now Q4 lmao

I wouldn't be surprised if this show keeps on rolling with multiple cities' FTTx deployment dates getting postponed over and over and over every quarter....

#3453 March 31 2019

HooZ

Raficoo wrote:

My city was originally listed for Q1 2019, then Q2, and now Q4 lmao

I wouldn't be surprised if this show keeps on rolling with multiple cities' FTTx deployment dates getting postponed over and over and over every quarter....

they will get there, be patient, they're doing some good enhancements, Mr Kreidiyye is doing a really good job,

remember when ogero had the worst customer support & website/social media..

#3454 March 31 2019

mikasa

my village is listed on 2 different quarters . asked them on twitter , never replied although they replied to me before

#3455 April 2 2019

ahk40a

Changing the dates at the last moment without any clear explanation puts their credibility in the ground. They have postponed the live for the third time now, yet we don't know the percentage of completion at any location. Just fake promises.

If this is the case in Ogero, one of a couple of functions that have revenues, what should we consider will happen with EDL?

#3456 April 16 2019

xazbrat

Did Ogero change its upload speeds a bit (to the bad side)---I have the 2mb 'unlimited' plan and had been getting 1 mb up as well.  I noticed they have changed it to 512 up instead and my speed reflects that  Anyone else see a difference on their plans or is this the beginnings of FUP.

#3457 April 16 2019

Elitism Guru

xazbrat wrote:

Did Ogero change its upload speeds a bit (to the bad side)---I have the 2mb 'unlimited' plan and had been getting 1 mb up as well.  I noticed they have changed it to 512 up instead and my speed reflects that  Anyone else see a difference on their plans or is this the beginnings of FUP.

Still 1meg here on Open Speed

Last edited by Elitism Guru (April 16 2019)

#3458 April 29 2019

AymanS

Is it true that ogero fiber only gives 50 mbps while gds can give upto 300 mb

#3459 April 30 2019

JudicatorKhoury

xazbrat wrote:

I have the same plan and I have noticed recently that afternoon connection performance has gone to shit. not sure if it's anywhere related. the connection becomes unusable!

#3460 May 1 2019

ahk40a

AymanS wrote:

Technically, GDS shall be using Ogero's infrastructure. VDSL2+ can handle upto 200Mbps, while FTTH can go upto 1Gbps depending on technology used.

Based on tweet reply with Mr. Imad Kreidieh, he mentioned that the minimum will be 50Mbps. And as a proof for his statement, the internet speed in Bchamoun, the Pilot for this deployment of VDSL2+, the speeds were near 100Mbps. The only issue here is the Quota!

#3461 May 3 2019

wollyka

AymanS wrote:

They are limiting the speed to 50 Mbps for now until new plans/quotas are announced

#3462 May 4 2019

Elitism Guru

Ogero has been on a strike for almost a week now, copper line cut from distribution box to my house, am I allowed to fix/touch it?

#3463 May 4 2019

DG

Elitism Guru wrote:

Ogero has been on a strike for almost a week now, copper line cut from distribution box to my house, am I allowed to fix/touch it?

You are really unlucky this has happened while they are on strike. Not sure if you are allowed to attempt a repair or this is illegal though.

#3464 May 4 2019

Elitism Guru

DG wrote:
Elitism Guru wrote:

You are really unlucky this has happened while they are on strike. Not sure if you are allowed to attempt a repair or this is illegal though.

I guess I might have to give it a go, the amount of wires on that pole is equivalent to pubic hair, hopefully none will notice.

#3465 May 4 2019

JudicatorKhoury

Elitism Guru wrote:

I might be out of the loop.
Ogero is on strike? It coincides perfectly with the internet degradation I've been noticing on our internet connection.
Since it's only in the afternoon, I have suspicion that the dreaded FUP is upon us Ogero unlimited subscribers??

#3466 May 4 2019

Aly

Elitism Guru wrote:

It is illegal to open any communication box with Ogero logo on it, yet some people do it and Ogero never knows.
If it is clear where the cable is cut and you can easily fix it yourself, then why not ?

#3467 May 5 2019

Elitism Guru

Aly wrote:
Elitism Guru wrote:

It is illegal to open any communication box with Ogero logo on it, yet some people do it and Ogero never knows.
If it is clear where the cable is cut and you can easily fix it yourself, then why not ?

Its a bit high, I'm afraid of using a ladder and getting caught, not sure if a 100 dollar bill work these days :-D

Last edited by Elitism Guru (May 5 2019)

#3468 May 5 2019

Aly

Elitism Guru wrote:
Aly wrote:
Elitism Guru wrote:

Its a bit high, I'm afraid of using a ladder and getting caught, not sure if a 100 dollar bill work these days :-D

Oh, if it includes climbing poles, I wouldnt risk it.

#3469 May 5 2019

VincentKeyboard

Is it a crowded area? If you perform the repairs at night, will any of your neighbors complain?

#3470 May 5 2019

ahk40a

Elitism Guru wrote:
Aly wrote:
Elitism Guru wrote:

Last edited by ahk40a (May 5 2019)

#3471 May 5 2019

Aly

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Is it a crowded area? If you perform the repairs at night, will any of your neighbors complain?

The odds of getting caught by Ogero and fined is almost nonexistant, the real risk here is getting electrocuted by those random messy cables layed here and there in almost any neighborhood by the people and generator owners, that's the real risk here especially if done by an individual who does not climb poles for a living on a daily basis, let alone doing this at night.

#3472 May 6 2019

DG

For those of you who haven't already read my previous posts about selling my house and moving... I recently rented an apartment in Dbayeh after making sure a landline was available.

So I applied for a DSL plan (4MB/s unlimited) and as soon as I moved to the new apartment (on the very first night) I started having problems. First of all (see screenshot), my up is at the limit of what it can handle. Second, I get random disconnections (when this happens I usually get several LoS (Loss Of Signal) errors.

Moreover, whenever anyone calls my apartment (even if there are absolutely no phones plugged in)... I get millions of CRC and HEC errors and my UP  SNR drops down to 1.5 or 2.0 and immediately get disconnected from the net (modem DSL and Internet leds both go off).

To add insult to injury, Ogero has been and is still on strike so there's nothing I can do... not even report a problem on 1515.

Has anyone been though a similar situation. What do you guys suggest ? Do you think applying for a 2MB/s plan would help as it would cause both SNR numbers (Up and Down) to increase and make the line stable ?

qhTZDGd.png

Last edited by DG (May 6 2019)

#3473 May 6 2019

duke-of-bytes

DG wrote:

For those of you who haven't already read my previous posts about selling my house and moving... I recently rented an apartment in Dbayeh after making sure a landline was available.

So I applied for a DSL plan (4MB/s unlimited) and as soon as I moved to the new apartment (on the very first night) I started having problems. First of all (see screenshot), my up is at the limit of what it can handle. Second, I get random disconnections (when this happens I usually get several LoS (Loss Of Signal) errors.

Moreover, whenever anyone calls my apartment (even if there are absolutely no phones plugged in)... I get millions of CRC and HEC errors and my UP  SNR drops down to 1.5 or 2.0 and immediately get disconnected from the net (modem DSL and Internet leds both go off).

To add insult to injury, Ogero has been and is still on strike so there's nothing I can do... not even report a problem on 1515.

Has anyone been though a similar situation. What do you guys suggest ? Do you think applying for a 2MB/s plan would help as it would cause both SNR numbers (Up and Down) to increase and make the line stable ?

https://i.ibb.co/TPZqy3r/qhTZDGd.png

this looks like a filter or cable problem

#3474 May 6 2019

xazbrat

duke-of-bytes wrote:
DG wrote:

https://i.ibb.co/TPZqy3r/qhTZDGd.png

this looks like a filter or cable problem

Yeah--looks like a filter problem to me too.  If you are using a filter right now, unplug it and any and all phones, and plug in your router straight into the wall and then call yourself and see if you get problems (yes, I understand you cannot answer).  If no issues, use filter, but no phone and repeat process, and finally plug in your phone and repeat process.  If you have issues after first step, get a new filter (or at least one that works for you) and hopefully problem will be solved.

Good luck.

Last edited by xazbrat (May 6 2019)

#3475 May 6 2019

DG

Guys, thanks for the replies. As mentioned in my previous post... I have no phones plugged in (only the modem) and this still happens. My SNR is fluctuating between 1.5 and 13 all the time and the disconnections keep rolling.

Last edited by DG (May 6 2019)

Board footer