LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 4 2007

samer
Admin

Lebanese Army, We salute you!

Congrats to all Lebanese out there :)

#2 September 5 2007

rolf

Re: Lebanese Army, We salute you!

Yeah that's cool, but let's hope no other terrorist groups will pop up.

#3 September 5 2007

samer
Admin

it's part of the routine, but what the hell .. :rolleyes:

#4 September 5 2007

mir

Lebanese Politicians,  I ....... You !

yeah.. it kinda breaks the routine in my life
war min hon.. terrorists min hon .. mashekel ..bomebeyet forcing us nindab bi byoutna .. tiftish 3al hawejez causing terrible 3aj2it seir specially sunday afternoon when coming back to beirut

I just can't immagine my life otherwise

Last edited by mir (September 5 2007)

#5 September 5 2007

mahdoum

mabroukein :)

#6 September 6 2007

Charly

@Mir: 3a seeret el 7awejiz... it usually takes me around 35 mins to reach my uni.. when fat7 el islam first appeared w ballasho el 7awejiz yiktaro, it took me around an hour and a half to reach it, missing my first class...
every 7ejiz searched me on my way (there were 3)..... heh i still remember that guy who got slapped badly by the soldier searching him, the guy was like "yih kif ilak 7a2 tfatteshneh? ma bta3rif min ana? ana ibno la flein el fleneh , khalleek la talfin la bayyeh la ysheelak min wazeeftak !! " and as he reached his phone to dial, the soldier slapped him, making the phone literally fly off his hand..... akh

i also remember that one time, at around 5 am i was getting back home when a 7ejiz stopped me at the mkalles roundabout... i directly got out the car and put my hands on it without even him asking me to do so, the soldier was like hehe, 7ejiz ra2em addeh yalleh bewa2fak lyom?

#7 September 6 2007

battikh

looool @ charly
and the guy who got slapped, kharjo

Helicopter bombing was used by the Lebanese Army during the 2007 Siege of Nahr al-Bared. The Lebanese Army technical teams converted UH-1H utility helicopters into bombers due to the urgent need to fight the Fatah al-Islam terrorist group. They mounted 30-year-old 400 lb (250 kg) Mk.82 bombs, originally used on Hawker Hunter attack aircraft. This was accomplished by modifying the UH-1H helicopters, raising the height of the landing skids and installing belly mounted bomb-release gear and pylons from retired Mirage III jets.[11]

The helicopters dropped 250-kilogram and 400-kilogram bombs from altitudes between 3,000 and 4,000 feet. The pilots used GPS devices to help guide them from point of departure to the bomb-release point. The strikes demolished many of the camp’s two- and three-floor buildings and many of the fortifications of Fatah Al-Islam, according to LAF officials.[12]

Fawzi Abu-Farhat, a retired LAF brigadier general and editor of the monthly Arab Defense Journal, said, "This is the first time in the history of warfare that a helicopter is used as a bomber ... in an effective manner." Abu-Farhat's assertion is not correct as helicopters have been used in the same role and with good success in previous conflicts. He went on to stress that "such helicopter bombs can only be used in special cases, when the enemy does not have air defenses and when the weather conditions are good.[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helicopter … in_Lebanon

#8 September 6 2007

rolf

3an jad kharjo. I mean the soldier is not supposed to slap people and all, but this guy deserved it.

#9 September 6 2007

mir

charly.. it is much worse if you use public transportation
biwa2fo l bus killo
y nzalo shabeb w sabaya 3al tiftish .. w khsuseh iza ken l bus mfawal
w bifat7o l shanat
w haida ma3o wra2o .. w haida 3am ynabesh 3ala hijjeh..haida li ze2i2 3afsh l bet

but i completely understood.. ano.. we are bothered for the delay.. haram.. keno ydalo kil l nhar bl shames l soldiers yista7mlo hal 3alam kila
and in the end , it is for our safety

it is sad to see such attitue among leb guys (bikun zgerteweh haida l shab .. raso tankeh ..[3m itse2al 3a  battikh] )

#10 September 6 2007

battikh

mir wrote:

it is sad to see such attitue among leb guys (bikun zgerteweh haida l shab .. raso tankeh ..[3m itse2al 3a  battikh] )

what's your last wish before you die?

#11 September 6 2007

samer
Admin

they don't stop the red buses (bus dawleh) - how stupid of them..

#12 November 30 2007

MaherMakki

Another thing, if all of us living outside Lebanon, start going back, the economy will double in 2 years, ( do what I am going to do)
I have a house in London, I am going to convert it to 3 Flats, and I will rent them out, the rent that I get from them will go to my pocket, and the money will be spent in Lebanon as I will move to Lebanon Early 2008.
Now the Math’s I will get Approximately $72,000 a year ( just the flats)
Now if 100 of us do the same that’s $7200000 that will be spent in Lebanon, we have just boosted the Lebanese economy by 1% this will effect the exchange rate, the LL will be stronger, so the year after that another 200 people that’s a total of $84000000 and considering the exchange rate it is about 50% increase in money spent in Lebanon from outside investors.
Please comment, as I love to See Lebanon that I love to be the leading country in the world.

#13 November 30 2007

rolf

MaherMakki wrote:

Another thing, if all of us living outside Lebanon, start going back, the economy will double in 2 years, ( do what I am going to do)
I have a house in London, I am going to convert it to 3 Flats, and I will rent them out, the rent that I get from them will go to my pocket, and the money will be spent in Lebanon as I will move to Lebanon Early 2008.
Now if 100 of us do the same that’s $7200000 that will be spent in Lebanon, we have just boosted the Lebanese economy by 1% this will effect the exchange rate, the LL will be stronger, so the year after that another 200 people that’s a total of $84000000 and considering the exchange rate it is about 50% increase in money spent in Lebanon from outside investors.
Please comment, as I love to See Lebanon that I love to be the leading country in the world.

Ya zalame the future in lebanon is not in money and economy and prosperity. The future is in whether berri or hariri comes on top, whether the general will be able to apply his wonderful life changing, cure-all reforms or whether hezbollah can have their divine victory or whether hariri can have his vengeance for the murder of his father or jumblatt can win his fight against the forces of darkness. This is what matters.
Seriously now, lebanon doesnt even need people to come back. It was starting to do real good in 2006 with the touristic boom.

#14 December 1 2007

WizaRd

ya3neh in programming terms.. we are stuck in an infinite loop

#15 December 1 2007

mir

in hardware terms ... all basic chips are fried

good to see there are lebs having some hope
welcome back to leb Maher !

#16 December 9 2007

teodorgeorgiev

rolf wrote:
MaherMakki wrote:

Ya zalame the future in lebanon is not in money and economy and prosperity. The future is in whether berri or hariri comes on top, whether the general will be able to apply his wonderful life changing, cure-all reforms or whether hezbollah can have their divine victory or whether hariri can have his vengeance for the murder of his father or jumblatt can win his fight against the forces of darkness. This is what matters.
Seriously now, lebanon doesnt even need people to come back. It was starting to do real good in 2006 with the touristic boom.

Rolf hit someone's ass straight with the nail :)

Board footer