LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 2 2006

mahdoum

C++ Project

Hey guys, I need some pointers. For a project in one of my courses I have to create a program that involves data structures (binary trees, stacks, linked lists etc). We can do it in any programming language. I only know php and c++.

What i need help in is my knowledge in c++ is only writing a program that comes up on the black screen, I need tutorials on how I extend into working with dialogs, or at least more user friendly interfaces.

Can you also please post ideas on what my project can be on? The most popular one by far is some kind of database system for a company, dvd rental or something like that, but I'm looking for an original idea.

Help appreciated ;)

#2 November 2 2006

mir

Re: C++ Project

i will check my list of ToDo Softwares

check ideas from open source projects, like that u get a little help and little cheating..and maybe in the end  u can upload the feature u did

will keep u posted on ideas.. just thinking of something original

#3 November 3 2006

Padre

lol, well you can do it my way and code a dos based interface from scratch  (took me 3 nights ) or you can go and learn how to use resource files.
and DONT underestimate that black screen u have in front of you  we coded video games (like space impact) on it

Last edited by Padre (November 3 2006)

#4 November 4 2006

mir

well mahdoum. sorry for the delay
i added on my toDo list : check my toDo Softwares
then i forgot why i did this...

so here is one idea.
i donno if u will like it

create a software that registers a list of the processes or applications that are used on ur computer
and it shows the number of times this special app was launched..last used time
when u click on a special application
it shows you the detail
for how long it was used
which user

you can have a view by username or by app name or by date
you can also monitor some activity
for example monitor an app (highlight when used)
or monitor user-app (if this user uses this app then it gets highlighted in the list)

i donno if u feel like doing something like this

shu.. like the idea ?

#5 November 4 2006

mahdoum

its a nice original idea... but I don't see extensive use of binary trees, stacks and lists.... I'm trying to think outside the box. But my box is closed shut lol!

#6 November 17 2007

Charly

hehe, im in mahdoum's shoes right now, he took the course last year and im taking it now, pretty messed up course... so umm, any ideas? 
P.S : how'd u do 212 mahdoum? (expecting a cuss)

#7 November 17 2007

WizaRd

212 is easy. Java ftw

#8 November 17 2007

mahdoum

Charly wrote:

P.S : how'd u do 212 mahdoum? (expecting a cuss)

lol a cuss? No cuss is strong enough to explain how I did......

#9 November 18 2007

Charly

haha yea i realized that with the little forehead slap u did in the middle of the test hehe....allah yostor mnil grades

Board footer