LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 13 2007

nuclearcat

Apocalypse

Just interesting to know...

Let's imagine situation.
Suddently you know from your relative, who is working in science, that all people will suddently die cause of some solar radiation. And he told, that you will survive, but only you on whole planet, and noone else know, that this thing will happen.

What is your next steps?
What if few other persons will be alive?

#2 October 14 2007

Charly

Re: Apocalypse

get myself a bugatti veyron and drive at 400 km/h on the german no speed limit highway

#3 October 14 2007

rolf

No girl will survive? What's the point of surviving if you cant procreate human race.
In any case I will probably wait and see what the future holds for me.
It might not be so bad to have the whole planet for you, after all, you can for example go to the airport and take any plane you like and fill it up with fuel then fly wherever you want since there's noone to stop you. I would try to do that.
But in reality, if you think well of it, there will be no people to stop you but they will also be no people to keep electric plants running, and without electricity, most of men's inventions will stop working. For example, without electricity, gas stations will not work anymore, so you wont even be able to drive a car for long.
So that will be a pretty depressing situation, being sent back to stone ages, and being alone on top of that.
I guess the best thing to do then, is to warn the world before the catastrophy, and, very important, set meeting points for all the survivers to meet. Anyone who survived will head off to the nearest meeting point, and people will regroup there and try to reorganise themselves.

#4 October 15 2007

mir

the moment i receive the call.. i go hide my boyfriend ta7t tesi3 ard
promising him a lot of fun later

but if i was left alone heik suddenly
well .. i think the first couple of days i will be extremely shocked and down
ano. everyone i know and love has died
i would start crying and wantin to  die
then i would do couple of crazy stuff
like driving super fast
tryin to fly a plane

then like rolf said. life wouldn't be easy
as lot of services and things will be down without humans runnin them
i will try go to the main units in usa,see if there is still someone underground and stuff
or try to access important information and technology to see if there is other form of life somewhere
or something that can grow into human life

i don't think i will be able to continue the research and stuff for cloning w heik
i would try to clone myself.. and mutate the gene or somehow
but it wouldn't work i think

i would then build some documentation or some kind of info how humans died and where to find the important things left from humanity
.for later reference ...maybe after all.. life still exists.

#5 October 15 2007

battikh

i would rip off a rib from some men's dead body and pray to make an Eve grow from it (yes, i wont take my own rib, i'm not incest, we will have lots of work to do).
isn't it how it all started? if it worked once, chances are that it works again 
and if it works i'll started taking more ribs from other men and grow up more Eves, to work faster, waiting 9 months for 1 kid is too long, better make more than 1 girl pregnant at once.

#6 October 15 2007

battikh

now that i think about it....why are you asking this question with details and all, implying that it would be due to solar radiation and stuff? have you received any call? is this really going to happen soon and you will be the only survivor and you are using us before we die to get ideas of cool stuff to do when you will be alone? come on, tell us the truth, when is it going to happen? you can save us, at least you can try, don't let us die. will you be able to survive with that on your conscience? not having even tried to help your dearest friends? so yalla, when is it happening?

#7 October 15 2007

mir

leik battikh .. l3ama
bottom line of battikh post
he will start creating women ... and making them pregnant

did u think of the consequences
it will be good first .. u alone.. and all these women
but think for later battikh
ma binsa7ak do so

#8 October 15 2007

battikh

stop destroying my fantasies, i have the right to dream

#9 October 16 2007

mir

stop destroying my fantasies, i have the right to dream

well.. battikh.. i want to warn u
i am just being a good friend
huweh bi mara wi7deh ma 7ada mkhalas .. shu hal shi 100
w killon together with u
btitkhayal.. it will be hell
ba3den how u gonna feed all those babies
name one after my name.. allah ykhalik 
name a guy mir and a girl mireille

#10 October 16 2007

nirvana

uhmmm,dont wanna burst ur bubble but its very likely that if some kind of solar radiation had enough energy to penetrate the planets magnetic shield it will probably frie all the electric circuits ,this means u woudnt be able to start a car,the only cars ud be startin are the ones made before 1920 or somthin,so the only way to fly would be in a handglider or base jumping ,or if ur into extreme fun do some bunjy jumping but ul have to climb up the rope,but if that didnt happen,the first thing i would do is post a blog(internet is designed to survive anythin) explainin who i am and what im gonna do next,plus the next time il be online,and an inventory to my resources ,plus my location,then a plz reply comment,plus some engine seach words like survivor alive apocalypse alone solar radiation....etc then i would go to the electric stations turn off the power,then turn it back on,then again cut it off an hour later and turn it back on,do it every hour for 7 hours to signal anyone in lebanon that i am a survivor and he or she should head to the power station to get instructions then i would write a note ,explainin exactly how to find me and where,i would set up a small gatherin center with food water and and a running power generator,so those who survived in lebanon can wait for me there while i gather food and locate energy supplies+weapons.i raid a few computer stores gather as much laptops and laptop batteries i can get +flying simulators dvd,spend some time on simulators then go to the airport with a map and some supplies.i take a tour across lebanon tryin to locate the survivors then step by step i start makin tours in the neighboorin countries.if i found survivors i would take them to the gatherin center,where i organise a small community with a purpose of findin the survivors in the whole world,id give orders to search and locate all the solar cells they could find plus solar panels for heating.k so that was the first day but i dont know what im gonna do the next day =D

#11 October 17 2007

mir

nirvana

welcome Nirvana
glad to see lebgeeks = lebgeeks ++

maybe u should post in the new members area to get the good nice warm community welcome

(wainak ya samer not welcomin new ppl )

#12 October 17 2007

battikh

mir wrote:

maybe u should post in the new members area to get the good nice warm community welcome

don't believe her, it's a trap, it's a fake area name to fool new comers. in reality it's where we throw rotten tomatoes at people who go there.

#13 October 28 2007

mezin

i would shoot myself

#14 October 28 2007

nuclearcat

About EMI (Electro Magnetic Impulse) it will burn ONLY semiconductors.
So:
Diesel and carburetor engines will run fine.
Diesel don't need electricity (except to start) to run at all.
Sure carburetor depends on ignition type. There will be a problem with most modern generators, since voltage regulator is semiconductor.

Last edited by nuclearcat (October 28 2007)

#15 October 28 2007

nuclearcat

About apocalypse. It is not so difficult.
For example transgene wheat, can work like time-bomb. Let's say after 120 years DNA of human will be unrecoverable corrupted, and humans will just start dying one by one. But sure not in same time, but they will understand that there is no way back, and it is too late to do something.

#16 October 28 2007

rolf

nirvana wrote:

then i would go to the electric stations turn off the power,then turn it back on,then again cut it off an hour later and turn it back on,do it every hour for 7 hours to signal anyone in lebanon that i am a survivor

That would not work because that's exactly how the electricity work in this country... on and off all the time. To signal them you will have to keep the power on 24/24 h so they will notice something wrong and head to the power station.

Just trying to be funny :)

Last edited by rolf (October 28 2007)

Board footer