LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 10 2018

Makozak

Do I need to unsubscribe from Ogero to apply to another DSL provider ?

Hello,

I''ve been wanting to leave Ogero and go to someone else (Cyberia, IDM or TerraNet) cause I can't seem to be able to download much.
Ogero is very stable for me and is also great for online gaming but I do wish to have unlimited download at night. As someone who buys games online only, it's really hard to download 30Gb+ with a 2 Mbps unlimited data plan. And all of their " Fast " plans are limited unfortunately and offers no happy hours.

Cyberia, IDM and TerraNet do offer unlimited night plans with the said " Fast " limited internet which is why I want to switch.

Some friends told me that I NEED to cancel my sub from Ogero BEFORE applying to someone else. Is that true ?
There's no one else providing internet around me and waiting 1 month + without internet for them to finally come and install is kinda hard for me.

#2 August 10 2018

AVOlio

Re: Do I need to unsubscribe from Ogero to apply to another DSL provider ?

Stay with Ogero.
Do not switch your ISP, you will lose the stability and the great experience in online gaming if you switch to another.

Here's what you can do:

1- Switch to the 4mbps Unlimited plan.
TRUE 4mbps speed, with UNLIMITED usage without any speed throttling what so ever. 
  You can just keep your downloads on when you are sleeping.

2- Switch to Open Speed.
  And regarding the quota, you can go ahead and use the bandwith control in your router to limit the speed of every user in the house to say 1-2mbps, except yourself of course.  Usually most of the members of our families just need internet for regular YouTubing, whatsapp and other social media,  1-2mbps is enough for them.   This is what i did, and i barely reach the 200GB limit.

Board footer