LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 27 2007

mir

What are you Bad at ?

Hello guys ,

We all know that we are all mighty and smart geeks .. no one is questioning that

but i think somehow each of us is somehow bad at something geeky
or really hates doing something

for example .. i am really bad in cabling .. b kil hayeteh mkabseh shi 2 or 3 times
i also found out couple of days ago.. that i don't really know the difference between the switch and the router
and battikh had to explain to me (there is a post somewhere on the forum : http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4754 ) i didn't know anything about the CAM table w ossas

so yala geeks confess
what are you bad at

this will make u think
and probably if u want to improve urself .. u would work on those points

- i am posting an official list of the things i am terribly bad at ..i will do it on lunch break at work  -

#2 September 27 2007

battikh

Re: What are you Bad at ?

usually i'm bad at what i don't like (or isit that i don't like it coz i'm bad at it?)
well, 1 thing is also the tekbis cables w ma tekbis, enno i only had to do it shi 5 times in my life, so i'm quiet slow at it, at they end they do work, but it takes some time to make them ready  have to get my microscope, clean my glasses, make sure i'm too cold not to make my hands shake, ..

i also quiet don't like telephony, anaolg, digital, mobile, or any other kind. too many protocols involved, too much headaches. sip, h323, signaling layer, voice, data, video, rtp, rtcp, h(add-some-number-here) (shi for signaling , shi for voice, data, video), all the different compression protocols, different modes in which the voice gateway works, shi only gets involving during the call establishment, shi always, shi unicast, shi multicast, all different naming conventions for the same things depending on which protocol you're using, ...  yiiiikh, too much of a headache, khalas, i'm going to take some panadol.

Last edited by battikh (September 27 2007)

#3 September 27 2007

rolf

I am bad at having a life.
You know, having friends, a gf, a good job, a degree...

Last edited by rolf (September 27 2007)

#4 September 27 2007

samer
Admin

not having the above doesn't steal your life away. It might be a little less exciting for you, but that's that, period.

#5 September 27 2007

Charly

bad? hmmmmmmm.......  cooking i guess  and of course programming :@

#6 September 28 2007

mir

well..i meant geekwise what u bad at

but it is nice telling what u bad at in Life

One thing i am bad at is keeping up with my schedules , but most of the time , it is cuz i am over scheduling things

#7 September 28 2007

Padre

dunno, there is ntn im really bad at, but im not good at everything too  so im kinda moderate in everything  but maybe those higly mathematical computer simulated models .... :)

Board footer