LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#451 April 16 2017

ManOwaRR

Re: Post your rig

i'am playing  my games @165Hz 2k resolution asus screen  1080 ti sli wont break 80%  usage in recent games

truely a wonderful experience

ps: gonna check the store tomorrow hopefully i'll find the ram i want for a 3 years pc

#452 July 2 2017

jazzzar

sees 1070 and 1080 Ti SLI : *cries in GTX 960M*

#453 July 25 2017

anayman_k7

Soon
kfJ2sKE.jpg

Edit
8l0xTpk.jpg

Last edited by anayman_k7 (July 27 2017)

#454 July 30 2017

PowerPC

I haven't posted here in a while.. but here's what my rig currently looks like.

PC

PC2

The gpu is getting a bit long in the tooth (gtx 980), but i'm just waiting for either vega or volta. Then i'll put it under water as well. This is still a work in progress i've got to sort out the cables, and i'm changing the lightning for something better than just white light on 1 brightness level.

#455 July 30 2017

Tech Guru

PowerPC wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/EOSNUQi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rrPh5LB.jpg

The gpu is getting a bit long in the tooth (gtx 980), but i'm just waiting for either vega or volta. Then i'll put it under water as well. This is still a work in progress i've got to sort out the cables, and i'm changing the lightning for something better than just white light on 1 brightness level.

Mate you did the customization / custom liquid cooling or the Desktop is pre-assembled. If I need a desktop customized can you handle that stuff with fees sure. I have a well customized desktop with very proper cable management , NZXT Hue + Lighting , etc.. But I am thinking to get to a higher level when I upgrade to a newer CPU /Motherboard. I have a white theme on mind this time , but I need a strong customization person not a " shop" since me as hardware enthusiast he understands what I need exactly.

#456 July 30 2017

PowerPC

Tech Guru wrote:
PowerPC wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/EOSNUQi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rrPh5LB.jpg

Mate you did the customization / custom liquid cooling or the Desktop is pre-assembled. If I need a desktop customized can you handle that stuff with fees sure. I have a well customized desktop with very proper cable management , NZXT Hue + Lighting , etc.. But I am thinking to get to a higher level when I upgrade to a newer CPU /Motherboard. I have a white theme on mind this time , but I need a strong customization person not a " shop" since me as hardware enthusiast he understands what I need exactly.

Hey, yeah i build it myself. Would've liked to help but i live overseas! i'm guessing it would be a challenge to get that sort of hardware in leb. I'm currently in the UK and even then i had to get some stuff from germany and the US.

#457 September 22 2017

Tech Guru

My Rig (Edited)

CEsvsLZ.jpg

yMrkZIl.jpg

KSSktqm.jpg

e7F6E8s.jpg

Currently I am testing some testing some HDR gaming on a 55 inch 2106p TV.  Curent monitor to be Replaced in the soon future with an Asus Swift PG 35 VQ.

HDR 10 Games I Tested:

BF 1 (Recent Patch they included HDR 10 Metadata)
Shadow Warrior 2
Hitman
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Resident Evil 7

They look absolutely nice when HDR 10 is enabled , native 2160p Very High Setting - Ultra , locked 60fps.

#458 September 22 2017

anayman_k7

Tech Guru wrote:

My Rig (Edited)

https://i.imgur.com/CEsvsLZ.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yMrkZIl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KSSktqm.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/e7F6E8s.jpg

Currently I am testing some testing some HDR gaming on a 55 inch 2106p TV.  Curent monitor to be Replaced in the soon future with an Asus Swift PG 35 VQ.

HDR 10 Games I Tested:

BF 1 (Recent Patch they included HDR 10 Metadata)
Shadow Warrior 2
Hitman
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Resident Evil 7

They look absolutely nice when HDR 10 is enabled , native 2160p Very High Setting - Ultra , locked 60fps.

You missed the specs :)

#459 October 28 2017

MrClass

New rig:

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X 3.6GHz OC’d to 4.3GHz
Mobo: Aorus X299 Gaming 9
RAM: GSkill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3000MHz
CPU Cooling: EKWB X360 Kit
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Special Edition Black/White
Case cooling: 6x Corsair HD140 and 9x Corsair HD120
Storage: Samsung 960 Evo 1TB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB, 2 x Seagate 3TB HDD
Graphic Card: Aorus Nvidia Geforce GTX1080Ti Xtreme
PSU: Corsair RM1000 1000Watts
Accessories: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB LED strips, Ensourced sleeved PSU extension cables

HtBFM9t.jpg

gORba9E.jpg

Ylz3E3e.jpg

nTMAuYv.jpg

ZRGTJvH.jpg

EothjA4.jpg

zI805TY.jpg

xYi06zz.jpg

iIBgQ4H.jpg

wGnNaZ2.jpg

5Y00gFt.jpg

avbg4qS.jpg

1R2ORyx.jpg

wO1ej6z.jpg

4TZN28b.jpg

GAqrdP6.jpg

WOXBu6S.jpg

VT3jFPW.jpg

#460 October 29 2017

Romanvian

So if someone wants to buy parts that aren't much recognized in Lebanon such as here
https://youtu.be/xV3hasqRDoU
Where would be an equivalent (to some extent) store in Beirut where you could find different parts with good prices.

Last edited by Romanvian (October 29 2017)

#461 October 29 2017

MrClass

Romanvian wrote:

So if someone wants to buy parts that aren't much recognized in Lebanon such as here
Where would be an equivalent (to some extent) store in Beirut where you could find different parts with good prices.

I live in Dubai and still many parts are not available here. Luckily, Newegg started supporting UAE. Their prices were even cheaper including shipping (they ship from the USA).

Most components can be purchased online now and they come right to my door step. See if you can use Aramex Shop and Ship.

#462 October 29 2017

vlatkozelka

Romanvian wrote:

PCandparts, macrotronics and microcity all have these cases.

The cooler master mastercases are a bit expensive though, not because sold in lebanon, expensive from coolermaster I mean.

#463 October 30 2017

karimo

any idea when the gen8 intel cpus will be available in lebanon? only thing keeping me from building the pc is the cpu.

also, which pc parts store have the cheapest prices in general?  already know about pcandparts/macrotronics/microcity

#464 October 30 2017

elserge82

Just curious about my CPU benchmarking
I've reached  14031 with a  stable OC for R5 1600 would you consider it good or should I look for more?

My rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC to 3.9)
MB: Asrock X370 fatality gaming k4
CPU Water Cooler : Cooler master B120
Case fans : 6X cougar turbine 120 mm (connected to the case controller on lower RPMs)
Case : Cougar Evolution.
Ram: T win 2 X 16 GB 3000 mhz
GPU: MSI 1060 atx 6gb OC
SSD: 480 gb kingston
hdd: 4tb
Blueray writer: Pionneer X16
Screen : LG 55C6 Oled

Last edited by elserge82 (October 30 2017)

#465 October 30 2017

anayman_k7

elserge82 wrote:

I've reached  14031 with a  stable OC for R5 1600 would you consider it good or should I look for more?

My rig:

Case fans : 6X cougar turbine 120 mm (connected to the case controller on lower RPMs)

What is the temperature of the CPU during Aida64? What is used voltage? What is the running RAM frequency?

#466 October 30 2017

elserge82

anayman_k7 wrote:
elserge82 wrote:

My rig:

What is the temperature of the CPU during Aida64? What is used voltage? What is the running RAM frequency?

70 degree cel. Fan set to 70 % on that temperature.I didn't want it to be noisy)
The current Core voltage 1.31825 I don't have any issue concerning the temp. I can go to 1.4 V easily and still remain on the 70 C. Higher frequence is causing me BSD . I am thinking it is because of the RAMs. current freq 2966. Or my silicon  lottery didn't win:)

Forgot to mention that my cooling installation is push pull on exhaust. the pull fan (cougar 3 pin connector) is set manually to the lowest rpm and the push fan (cooler master 4pin pwm) is automated by cpu temperature (customized by me for less noise).

Last edited by elserge82 (October 30 2017)

#467 October 30 2017

anayman_k7

You can test with the RAM on stock, I noticed that my LPX 3000Mhz OC to 2933mhz won't work when I try my CPU at 3.7Ghz, I did OC them when it was at 3.6Ghz (my board is MSI SLI Plus), so if you like to OC the CPU more try to set back the RAM to stock, but personally I think as is - is the best choice, you benefit from both CPU and RAM OC without pushing your system to the edge

#468 October 30 2017

MrClass

karimo wrote:

any idea when the gen8 intel cpus will be available in lebanon? only thing keeping me from building the pc is the cpu.

also, which pc parts store have the cheapest prices in general?  already know about pcandparts/macrotronics/microcity

They are now available in Dubai.

8700K costs 510$

If you're interested in getting one I'm coming to Lebanon in end of November.

#469 October 30 2017

vlatkozelka

IMG_20171022_220737.jpg

IMG_20171022_221323.jpg

CPU: Core i5 4460

GPU: MSI gtx 970 OC (reference blower design) - was on sale, go for the open air coolers, never again buying a jet engine

Motherboard: MSI z97 guard-pro

PSU: Thermaltake smart-se 730

Water cooling: Thermaltake pacific-360 kit

RAM: 8GB 1860Mhz hyperX fury

Keyboard: HyperX alloy fps (blue switches, only comes in blue I think)

Case: Thermaltake view 31 - I can't stress enough how much I love this case. It's a mid tower but really fits everything. I have a 360mm radiator on top and can fit another 360 and another 220. The whole drive bay is removable, and you can mount up to 4 drives on the back, without screws. And the tempered glass is awesome, the pics above are with the panels on.

Hard drives: WD 1TB hdd 7200RPM, and a 480GB HyperX Savage (messed up with that one, should've went with something with better queue depth performance)

Mouse: bloody v7

funny we now include mice and keyboards, but hey they really add up to the experience, especially the clicky keyboard... I love it !

You might be asking why I'm watercooling a locked i5, well I just hate fan noise. I even had an AIO hooked up to my gpu, but coudln't include the block in the custom loop, and kinda ruined the AIO. I'm getting a gpu waterblock soon.

Also nothing is really worth upgrading atm, the market is in chaos with AMD ryzen,intel re-branding crap just to add numbers up (wait for 9th gen at least) and Nvidia not willing to lower the price on anything... plus my 970 is doing great still so ..

Last edited by vlatkozelka (October 30 2017)

#470 October 30 2017

anayman_k7

CPU: Core i7 4460

Do you mean i5?

#471 October 30 2017

vlatkozelka

anayman_k7 wrote:

CPU: Core i7 4460

Do you mean i5?

woops... fixed, thanks

you can see at the bottom I typed i5

Last edited by vlatkozelka (October 30 2017)

#472 October 31 2017

elserge82

anayman_k7 wrote:

You can test with the RAM on stock, I noticed that my LPX 3000Mhz OC to 2933mhz won't work when I try my CPU at 3.7Ghz, I did OC them when it was at 3.6Ghz (my board is MSI SLI Plus), so if you like to OC the CPU more try to set back the RAM to stock, but personally I think as is - is the best choice, you benefit from both CPU and RAM OC without pushing your system to the edge

I'm lost,I've reached the CPU, Ram or board limit?  the system crashes on 68 C ram temp.And  by disabling XMP and running default ram speed I only reaches 3.95 (the performance is lower than the 3.9).

#473 October 31 2017

anayman_k7

elserge82 wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:

I'm lost,I've reached the CPU, Ram or board limit?  the system crashes on 68 C ram temp.And  by disabling XMP and running default ram speed I only reaches 3.95 (the performance is lower than the 3.9).

Yes it is a bit confusing, I prefer to move the discussion to the Overclock thread
https://lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12878

Personally when I tested the same CPU frequency with a  slight RAM OC the result in Cinebench were lower! but without RAM OC and with CPU OC the result were always higher but be aware that I didnt reach an extreme point.

I suggest you stay on 3.9Ghz, try to do a long stability test to find the best voltage for it and then try to OC the RAM

#474 October 31 2017

karimo

MrClass wrote:
karimo wrote:

8700K costs 510$

what is the price of i5 8400 atm?

#475 October 31 2017

MrClass

karimo wrote:
MrClass wrote:
karimo wrote:

8700K costs 510$

what is the price of i5 8400 atm?

Seems to be 275$

Board footer