LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 1 2007

mir

cell phone calendar

my friend deleted his phone calendar

it looks like he had lot of important stuff on it

he asked me if know any trick or any person that can get his data back

of course.. he didn't perform a backup of the phone or anything
and he wants his data back

so.anyone knows someone who knows how to do it or if it can be done in the first place

w thanks for da help

#2 August 1 2007

rolf

Re: cell phone calendar

i think technically it can be done... but it must be very comlicated.... CIA style.
Unless his data is on a removable flash card, in this case he can plug it in a computer card reader and may be able to retrieve something.

#3 August 2 2007

karim

My phone (SE K800i) died, taking my phone book with it... Last backup i have was made about 5 months ago... :(

Can the CIA help me bring it back?

#4 August 2 2007

mir

oh.. karim

sorry to hear about the tragedy ... sad for ur loss.. ta3azina

how exactly did it happen ?

Last edited by mir (August 2 2007)

#5 August 2 2007

karim

Plugged it in the USB port of my PC, the phone just froze, and that was it.

Sad thing is that i was plugging it in to back it up and do a firmware update... :(

#6 August 2 2007

mir

On - Topic
i will tell my friend that i donno a way to restore it w give him a lecture about backup w offer to make him a cell program for backup that keeps beeping on his cell all day long : back me up , back me up with no stop button

off-topic
good .. mawteh haineh .. ma t3azab

i learned a lesson from u : use blOotoOth

ana my cell phones don't die.. despite everything i do .. they just love me too much
i had a nokia like the one in transpoter 2 .. bil ekhir . falat w battal ysakker. w dalo meche.. ken bl nhar l asir shi 5 khabtat
then another nokia , kamen shi bl mara , bl ekhir batal fi wala sha2feh rekbeh.. w still worked .. it had tons of stuff on it worth a lot but it looked so mbahdal

#7 August 2 2007

rolf

Maybe if you take it to nokia tech support they can get your data out for you...

#8 August 2 2007

karim

@mir: my k800i has taken oh so much abuse from me. i dropped it a full flight of stairs, dropped it in a puddle, kicked it, stepped on it while it was laying on CONCRETE. I guess you're right, i should use BlueTooth, but i've been using USB for so long on it.... Never had a single problem.. :(

@rolf: sadly enough, i doubt Nokia (or in my case, Sony Ericsson) will be able to do anything about it. Most of the time "they are not even able to back up sensitive data" (phone book and co.) when updating firmware on the phone, I personally wouldn't trust them to recover my data, even if my life depended on it.

Last edited by karim (August 2 2007)

Board footer