LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 23 2007

hj88

Best Connection

If i have a budget between 150 and 180 $ per month for an unlimited internet connection for home

can anyone here suggest what is the best connection i can get for that price

thank you

#2 June 23 2007

samer
Admin

Re: Best Connection

I have no suggestions to make but keep in mind that most of the companies have a " Fair use " policy and will eventually start limiting the unlimited.

#3 June 23 2007

hj88

i don't mind if there is a reasonable fair use policy for exemple on high congestion times ( 7 pm till 9 pm ) as long as that fair use policy does not contain a strict traffic limit .

#4 June 23 2007

rolf

Some ISPs are offering unlimited connections in the $200 budget.
I'll give you more details and a phone number, just give me some time.

Last edited by rolf (June 23 2007)

#5 June 23 2007

hj88

thanks rolf

#6 June 24 2007

mezin

where do you live ?

#7 June 25 2007

hj88

I live in Beit chabab souane

#8 June 26 2007

mezin

just askin coz my ISP, eventhough illegal, offers a decent connection ...sort of ... but not in your area

Last edited by unforgiven (June 26 2007)

#9 June 26 2007

WizaRd

i live close to you and i have a decent connection downloading 35kb/s with a 750MB limit per day all for $35.

It is way under your budget and i believe they have an unlimited plan that is about what you want to pay. I will send you the guy's number in private.

#10 June 26 2007

hj88

Flyingwizard  , if your connection is spidernet i already have it. eventhough the download can reach 35 kb/s but the latency is unbelievable and it is very unstable . when i use voip there is like 6 seconds delay on a low consuming  codec like g726-32 .

#11 June 26 2007

WizaRd

exactly, you did not mention latency so that is why i recommended it ;)

by the way i can easily get 800ms on WoW and about 500ms nighttime on the random days i play it with both the game and ventrilo open.

unless you want an FPS-like latency, then good luck finding your fix :)

#12 June 26 2007

teodorgeorgiev

If G726 (32Kbps or no matter which one - the 24 or 48) is a low consuming codec, I am the great wall of China.

#13 June 27 2007

mezin

hj88 wrote:

Flyingwizard  , if your connection is spidernet i already have it. eventhough the download can reach 35 kb/s but the latency is unbelievable and it is very unstable . when i use voip there is like 6 seconds delay on a low consuming  codec like g726-32 .

wtf ? mine is spidernet and it's reaching 60+ kb/s

#14 June 27 2007

Chris

unforgiven wrote:
hj88 wrote:

wtf ? mine is spidernet and it's reaching 60+ kb/s

Stuff like this depend a lot on the reseller.

#15 June 27 2007

rolf

sent you a PM

Board footer