LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#2351 February 14 2017

Hosni

Re: Feedback for Ogero

having normal ping but a high amount of sudden request timed out message since 2:00 PM

#2352 February 20 2017

beezer

Hi guys, I've gone through the last few pages and it seems some of you have tried the 2mb/unlimited plan. Is it truly unlimited? My family combined watches around 8 hours of TV a day through different providers. Will be moving back to Lebanon in a few months, so...question is, have any of you really taken advantage of the "unlimited" and seen any throttling?

I'm contemplating between Ogero 2mb unlimited to IDM 4mb unlimited.

#2353 February 20 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

ogero have no fup or throttling whatsoever I am a subscriber of 2mb unlimited since new offers came out and never seen fup

#2354 February 20 2017

roudy5

Yup ogero unlimited here too, my monthly usage is around 200-250 gb and never seen any throttling ping stays 100-120 and download speed 200-210 kb/s, i guess it's the only true unlimited plan in lebanon

#2355 February 20 2017

LifeEngineer

roudy5 wrote:

Yup ogero unlimited here too, my monthly usage is around 200-250 gb and never seen any throttling ping stays 100-120 and download speed 200-210 kb/s, i guess it's the only true unlimited plan in lebanon

*wiping tears here*

#2356 February 20 2017

xazbrat

I pay the same as the 2meg connection but get half the speed (yes, this is lebanon), and my download speed is somewhere near 100kb/s almost all of the time.  My usage is in the 150 gig range too.  I have heard rumors that there were new plans and prices that are going to be announced before the end of the month, so crossing my fingers and hoping for fairer plans.

#2357 February 21 2017

Salloum

Is it just me or has it been literal s*** this past week? Can't even play Youtube. 144p buffers.

#2358 February 21 2017

Ahmad Toutounji

salloum just you

#2359 February 21 2017

Georges00

Yea just you

#2360 February 22 2017

LifeEngineer

No not you only! Me and 3 of my friends who usually hang out together online were not able to play at all these past few days! It seems ping is shit and upload is shittier!

#2361 February 27 2017

Ramnesia

Seen a lot of Ogero activity this morning in Mar Mkhael al Nahr installing what looked like a black thick cable.
YVaPtJW.jpg

#2362 February 27 2017

Draguen

Ogero workers with a black thick cable?

Were they digging or installing it overhead?

This might be the beginning of the moment we were all waiting for, as rare a the loch ness monster, as majestic as a unicorn : ogero doing their long overdue promise. At least I hope so

#2363 February 27 2017

Ramnesia

I did not see any digging. They were working in some kind of an opening or a manhole maybe sewer opening.

#2364 February 27 2017

Hybrid

I have a DSL connection from the Al Naher central, and my internet has been literally crap in the last 2 months, countless packet loss throughout the day and night. I hope they are finally fixing it

Last edited by Hybrid (February 27 2017)

#2365 February 28 2017

DG

Connection is extremely slow here this morning. I am on a limited 2Mbps plan and I am barely getting a download speed of 30 - 50 Kbps.

#2366 February 28 2017

doudi

I just called ogero right now asking them about how to change my routers password and they said its against their rules, is there any possible way to access my router?

#2367 February 28 2017

roudy5

doudi wrote:

I just called ogero right now asking them about how to change my routers password and they said its against their rules, is there any possible way to access my router?

You cant access it at all or only with user privilege ?

#2368 February 28 2017

doudi

roudy5 wrote:
doudi wrote:

I asked them about the username and pass to access the router but the guy said that ogero doesn't allow its users to change their password, although other users here posted that they were able to obtain their routers username and password

#2369 February 28 2017

Georges00

doudi wrote:
roudy5 wrote:
doudi wrote:

I asked them about the username and pass to access the router but the guy said that ogero doesn't allow its users to change their password, although other users here posted that they were able to obtain their routers username and password

Try telling them you want to change your wifi password.
Maybe that will work?

#2370 February 28 2017

roudy5

doudi wrote:
roudy5 wrote:
doudi wrote:

Have you tried the default ones ? like user user or admin admin... and if it doesnt work there is a guy his email is mentioned in this forum try sending him a mail asking him your login info, i think his mail is nrifai@ogero.gov.lb. hope it works out for you!

#2371 March 1 2017

doudi

Alright thank you guys, i will try sending an email and maybe call again.

#2372 March 1 2017

Xsever

Are you guys aware if one is able to cancel his voice subscription with Ogero (meaning not being able to call nor receive) and saving on the 9000 or 11000 LBP per month while keeping his DSL active?

I'm asking because I never use the landline and I only need DSL. I'd rather invest the savings or buy something with them.

Thanks.

#2373 March 2 2017

elchebib

Xsever wrote:

Are you guys aware if one is able to cancel his voice subscription with Ogero (meaning not being able to call nor receive) and saving on the 9000 or 11000 LBP per month while keeping his DSL active?

I'm asking because I never use the landline and I only need DSL. I'd rather invest the savings or buy something with them.

Thanks.

As far as I know, you cannot do that. You must have an active subscription with a landline from Ogero to keep your DSL connection.

#2374 March 2 2017

xazbrat

elchebib wrote:
Xsever wrote:

Thanks.

As far as I know, you cannot do that. You must have an active subscription with a landline from Ogero to keep your DSL connection.

Yeah--even in the states, you really can't get a dsl line without phone service or at least a phone line.  Just make sure you knock off any extras that Ogero might add without your permission and the 9,000 is a bargain compared to other places.  In the US when people 'cut the cord', they usually can get their internet from another source like cable which doesn't require a phone line (they will however force you to get a basic service or charge you for that service if you don't get it).  Additionally, their cellular service doesn't charge extra for calling land lines like they do here.

#2375 March 2 2017

Xsever

xazbrat wrote:
elchebib wrote:
Xsever wrote:

Thanks.

Yeah--even in the states, you really can't get a dsl line without phone service or at least a phone line.  Just make sure you knock off any extras that Ogero might add without your permission and the 9,000 is a bargain compared to other places.  In the US when people 'cut the cord', they usually can get their internet from another source like cable which doesn't require a phone line (they will however force you to get a basic service or charge you for that service if you don't get it).  Additionally, their cellular service doesn't charge extra for calling land lines like they do here.

Thank you both for your answers. I wouldn't have thought about this if it wasn't for the guy who came and did the wiring for me at home. He claimed he knows someone who just has a DSL service from Ogero and no voice/calling and he saves on those fees.

Board footer