LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 12 2007

samer
Admin

Nigerian Scammer uses Hariri's name

One of my spam honeypots caught this recently:

Hello,
My name is Dr.David Herne, and I work in the International Operation Department in a Bank here in London.I feel quite safe dealing with you in this important business.

I Want to TRANSFER 36,759,000.00 MILLION POUNDS TO YOUR ACCOUNT (THIRTY SIX MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING}Though, this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you through it because it still remains the fastest medium of communication.However,this correspondence isu nofficial and private, and it should be treated as such. At first I will like to assure you that this transaction is 100% Legal and trouble free to both parties.

WE WANT TO TRANSFER OUT MONEY FROM OUR BANK HERE IN LONDON. THE FUND FOR TRANSFER IS OF CLEAN ORIGIN. THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT IS A FOREIGNER, a program leader.Until his death,The Late Prime Minister, Mr. Rafik Hariri, has a huge investment here in the United Kingdom and all over the world, as a matter of fact he has the sum of (THIRTY SIX MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE THOUSAND POUNDS STERLING)in his account here in London which he deposited as a family valuables.The family do not know about this deposit.I was on a routine inspection that I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a BAL.

Of (THIRTY SIX MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE THOUSAND POUNDS STERLINGS) on further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has passed away (died) leaving no beneficiary to the account.The bank will approve this money to any foreigner because the former operator of the a/c is a foreigner. I am certainly sure that nobody will come again for the claim of this money. A foreigner can only claim this money with legal claims to the account Holder, therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction.I will provide all necessary information needed in order to claim this money, Hoping in God that you will never let me down now and in future.o.k!

Rafik Bahaa Edine Hariri (November 1, 1944 - February 14, 2005), married to Nazek Audi Hariri, was a Lebanese self-made billionaire and business tycoon,and was five times Prime Minister of Lebanon (1992-1998 and 2000-2004) before his last resignation from office on October 20, 2004.The late Rafik Hariri died on February 14, 2005 when explosives equivalent to around 300 kg of C4 were detonated as his motorcade drove past the Saint George Hotel in the Lebanese capital, for more information please log on to(http://www.hariri.info)

I WANT TO TRANSFER THIS MONEY INTO A SAFE FOREIGN ACCOUNT ABROAD BUT I DON'T KNOW ANY FOREIGNER WHOM I CAN TRUST, I KNOW THAT THIS MESSAGE WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE AS WE DON'T KNOW OURSELVES BEFORE, BUT BE SURE THAT IT IS REAL AND A GENUINE BUSINESS. I CONTACT YOU BELIEVING THAT YOU WILL NOT LET ME DOWN ONCE THE FUND GOES INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.
Let me hear from you a soon as posible.
Best Regards,
Dr.David Herne

Looks like Nigerian scammers are a bit creative these days, eh? :)

#2 May 15 2007

Chris

Re: Nigerian Scammer uses Hariri's name

Yeah, they've been watching LBC...

#3 May 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

<snip>

A monkey will do monkey tricks, no matter if you call it a "lion".

#4 May 16 2007

Padre

hahahah nice one

#5 May 16 2007

mir

<snip>.

u really meant that ?
wow
won't get into an argument on racism ...

#6 May 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Have you ever been in Africa?  Or have you ever dealt with these people?

But lets close the argument with this --> show me X inventions of the white race and show me even 10% of that number invented by the Africa people.

It is a big swamp there, mir. I was thinking like you (the big bad christians who conquered Africa and tortured them) before visiting that swamp.
So, go there and when you come back I am ready for the argument.

It is very easy to speak on how romantic is the rain, when you are inside your house watching through the window ;)

These people now dream of the white (Spanish, British, French) to come back and conquer them again.

#7 May 16 2007

battikh

maybe if they had no worries about finding food, medicine, and education they could have done better than europeans. and i'm sure these small african gangs are nothing compared to the russian mafia (who are white right?)

#8 May 16 2007

Chris

That's sad, we're in 2007 and you're using words like "negro"...

Last edited by Chris (May 16 2007)

#9 May 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

1. If you have ever been to Africa or USA, you would notice that they call each other a "negro".

But you have never been there. But this does not stop you from talking.

Anyway, I will start giving my advices on subjects that I have no idea/clue. Lets see if it is funny.

2. Battikh. And who has given food, medicine, education to the Europeans? Maybe God from the skies has sent all this to the Europe?

And Battkih, see how many military conflicts are active now in Africa and how many - on Europe. See how many dictators rule in Africa and how many in Europe.

Please, I am ready to argue with anyone, who has spent at least two weeks in Africa.

#10 May 16 2007

Chris

You watch a lot of TV, I like to see you call a black man a "nigger" or a "negro" and lets see if you stay in one piece...

#11 May 16 2007

mir

Well first this is off - topic
but since off - topics are a common thing
i would post a small reply

first teo , i don't like to argue with other ppl..ano a conversation would be good
well .. u have been there.. i never was
well .. maybe u know something that the media doesn't portait
The European may have contributed to the African ppl
but don't forget that they stole their gold , their diamond , their money, their trees ... lot of their ressources
their history (asarat )
In the end they said to themselves .. oh .. what is left ... ppl ... they also traded with ppl .. they slaved them
sold them . killed them

the European also weren't born civlised
take france as an example .. we all remember the French revolution
but few remember what was before

And at some point of history , Africa had the Leading Culture of the time

They just need some time

and lot of the conflicts you see there are fed by the "Civilised " countries ur talking about

when they had to  go out.. they made sure they left lot of problems in their society ....

i am not saying that the europeans are the devils
i still insist ano they brought some good to the african ppl

and it is not only african ppl doing monkey business around
everycountry is in monkey business

Bottom line , you have ur point of view ... i just wasn't sure that this is really ur point of view
that is y i asked , i didn't expect such thing
ur free to believe in whatever u like...
that is y i posted i don't wanna get into racism argument

#12 May 16 2007

Chris

By the way, on black inventions, jazz and blues baby, greatest inventions of all time.

And mir is right, the conflicts you are referring too are provoked and fed by outside forces (gee I wonder who?) so that they stay in control. It has been going around like this for a long time now.

#13 May 16 2007

nuclearcat

On all soviet union black race called "negro" or in russian "negr". And if i want to call someone, who have other color of skin - "black", i will do it.
Or soon we will call like feminist womans in USA - vaginal american.
Anyway - black color of skin, and how it is called - not a shame, same if u call arab people - arabs, and armenians - armenians. If you you respect your own nation and your own race - you will feel pride.

#14 May 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Chris wrote:

By the way, on black inventions, jazz and blues baby, greatest inventions of all time.

And mir is right, the conflicts you are referring too are provoked and fed by outside forces (gee I wonder who?) so that they stay in control. It has been going around like this for a long time now.

Very good, Chris. Now, throw the PC, stop the electricity in your house (and all the devices that use it), throw out all your books, disconnect your phone and mobile phone and live on jazz and blues, since these are the greatest inventions of all time.

Such a stupid sentence --> "jazz and blues baby, greatest inventions of all time", I have never read.

Sorry, but if you really mean what you have said.. :( :( :( :(

It means that you disrespect people like Niels Bor, Einstein, Alexander Bell, Linus Torvalds, the Siemens brothers, Thomas Edison... ...

But since you said such a stupid think I doubt these names (any of them) ring any bell in your head :(

#15 May 16 2007

Chris

The thing is, the word "nigger" or "negro" is degrading, and holds a lot of negative connotation. Simply, its racial. Period.

@teo: Wow, you take things so seriously... Relax and chill out man, this was a comic statement... Face it man, you have no sense of humor whatsoever... Hehehe...

#16 May 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Mir,

also. You can go to USA and ask the local negros there about the enslavement. These were the lucky ones!!! Whose ancestors were enslaved.
Cause now they live like kings in USA, Canada and UK, unlike their FREE brothers in Africa. Have you ever been at Malawi??? Half of the population (YESSSSSSSSSSS) is infected by AIDS.

That is what I asked - have you been there or not ???

No one has born civilised. All the Earth people had an equal start. The more clever and hardworkers - they won. The stupid an lazy (waiting for the banana to fall from the tree) - lost.

So, if there is any difference in the races - it is not the fault of the white one, but of the black one.

A fact!

If the bad white enslavers and murderers are really that bad, why all the Africans dream and strive to run away from the FREE Africa and
relocate to the awful USA and Europe? :)

Also, negro IS NOT AN INSULTING word.

Even the official sources say: "Negroid race", "Mongoloid race" (for all the yellow-face people - chinese, japanse, koreans, turkmens).

Last edited by teodorgeorgiev (May 16 2007)

#17 May 16 2007

Chris

Sure it isn't, just like words like Kike, Kraut or Russki aren't insulting...

#18 May 16 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Chris wrote:

The thing is, the word "nigger" or "negro" is degrading, and holds a lot of negative connotation. Simply, its racial. Period.

@teo: Wow, you take things so seriously... Relax and chill out man, this was a comic statement... Face it man, you have no sense of humor whatsoever... Hehehe...

See how the  others write. They use the so called "emoticons". See my posts, the ones of mir and Padre.

If you want to show a humor, use the smile or the tongued-smile. That is how people will know that you are joking!

You just can't write in forums - face it, man.

#19 May 16 2007

Chris

I used the "", and if you have any "emoticon knowledge" you would understand that it is the equivalent of

#20 May 16 2007

mir

wish i didn't ask teo this question

wil3it

cuz it lead to  discussin and comparing   the emoticons knowledge

No one has born civilised. All the Earth people had an equal start. The more clever and hardworkers - they won. The stupid an lazy (waiting for the banana to fall from the tree) - lost.

So, if there is any difference in the races - it is not the fault of the white one, but of the black one.

Yes no one was born civilised , we are borned in societies with different level of civilisation , which may or may not influence us
Personaly , i don't think it is anyones fault
somehow , in a weird way, in history every ppl or race or continent has its glory time and its down time
there are lot of examples
and each ppl or race tries to make the best of this period

that is a complete other story.. and way way off topic
w i think this is my last post in this topic
it is becomin nonsense

#21 May 16 2007

Chris

Well its not your fault, teo's comment triggered such a response. Anyway you're right, we should be sticking to the main topic.
Sorry about the mess.

#22 May 16 2007

samer
Admin

topic locked. Teodor, kindly keep discrimination-powered reflections to your own. Thank you.

Board footer