LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 23 2016

eido

stable internet for a gaming network cafe

Dear members,

I need you to provide me with a solution for my gaming network cafe of 25 computers.

I currently have 2 adsl lines and 1 hdsl line. Lately ive been having high pings and packet losss.

I want to know what do those shops in hamra use for their internet??

I want you please to provide me a solution for my internet connection.

I need someone to guide me to a good isp and connection solutikn suitable for gaming online.

Thanks.

#2 November 23 2016

anayman_k7

Re: stable internet for a gaming network cafe

The irony in this country that the best Internet we ever had was illegal :) Good luck, will be keeping an eye on this thread maybe I can use any suggested solution at home

#3 November 23 2016

Flakk

I cant remember which ISP either terranet or sodetel had high speed Microwave links for 450$ a month (yes so cheap) but you get really good speeds and latency.
So I guess the Hamra networks are using those, or maybe they are using some form of illegal internet witchcraft.

#4 November 23 2016

rolf

eido wrote:

I need someone to guide me to a good ISP and connection solution suitable for gaming online.

You can aggregate multiple lines to get increased bandwidth and reliability. But one thing that you cannot do even if you get 10 DSL connections is make the latency/ping faster, which is like the most important variable for online gaming.

So maybe the only final solution would be to gas all the corrupt and ignorant persons who are in charge (pun intended). Sorry I don't have much else to offer. Others maybe can tell you which ISP has the most stable and lowest latency connection (which will not be that great in any case). It might be Ogero but I'll let others answers as I am not up-to-date on the matter anymore.

Also, a little traffic management can help you. If you have two connections, for example, you can use one for downloads, and the other for gaming, so that downloads will not slow down the gaming experience.

I am assuming that  you don't want to pay a fortune. If you pay enough money (millions and millions), maybe you can get your own submarine cable to cyprus.

Last edited by rolf (November 23 2016)

#5 November 23 2016

Silentcontrol

eido wrote:

Dear members,

I need you to provide me with a solution for my gaming network cafe of 25 computers.

I currently have 2 adsl lines and 1 hdsl line. Lately ive been having high pings and packet losss.

I want to know what do those shops in hamra use for their internet??

I want you please to provide me a solution for my internet connection.

I need someone to guide me to a good isp and connection solutikn suitable for gaming online.

Thanks.

hey i know a guy that did that to multiple internet cafes private message me if you are interested.he manages a lot of big internet cafe and E-lab ( biggest e-sport team in lebanon) ...

#6 November 23 2016

Georges00

What you're looking for goes by the name of "Dedicated Internet" in Lebanon.
Ask an ISP about it.
I think Sodetel have this option.

#7 November 23 2016

eido

rolf wrote:
eido wrote:

I need someone to guide me to a good ISP and connection solution suitable for gaming online.

You can aggregate multiple lines to get increased bandwidth and reliability. But one thing that you cannot do even if you get 10 DSL connections is make the latency/ping faster, which is like the most important variable for online gaming.

So maybe the only final solution would be to gas all the corrupt and ignorant persons who are in charge (pun intended). Sorry I don't have much else to offer. Others maybe can tell you which ISP has the most stable and lowest latency connection (which will not be that great in any case). It might be Ogero but I'll let others answers as I am not up-to-date on the matter anymore.

Also, a little traffic management can help you. If you have two connections, for example, you can use one for downloads, and the other for gaming, so that downloads will not slow down the gaming experience.

I am assuming that  you don't want to pay a fortune. If you pay enough money (millions and millions), maybe you can get your own submarine cable to cyprus.

Hey rolf,

I have 3 lines from Ogero only ( 2 ADSL and one HDSL) and they are shitty these days, high ping most of the time, packet loss as well.

My issue is not bandwidth, it is the packet loss that is occurring. I'm already load balancing everything using the best methods available and filtering traffic. My internet usage is really not that huge. League of Legends barely uses any bandwidth/speed.

But you're right haha, internet is run by ignorants around here, unfortunately...

#8 November 23 2016

eido

Flakk wrote:

I cant remember which ISP either terranet or sodetel had high speed Microwave links for 450$ a month (yes so cheap) but you get really good speeds and latency.
So I guess the Hamra networks are using those, or maybe they are using some form of illegal internet witchcraft.

Will call them tomorrow morning then and ask about that.

#9 November 24 2016

AVOlio

As I remember when I asked the employee of spotnet,
He told me that each and every one of the available computers had its own dsl line.
He could have been just bragging off, or had no idea what he was talking about.

And as I remember, when i did a speedtest, the provider was Ogero.

And Ogero have stable pings.
Your pings will be high of course in a network because you're sharing your lines on multiple computers,  and people are browsing the Internet /YouTube / Facebook or whatever whole other people are playing games.

Am I right!?

#10 November 24 2016

Totoro

eido wrote:
rolf wrote:
eido wrote:

Hey rolf,

I have 3 lines from Ogero only ( 2 ADSL and one HDSL) and they are shitty these days, high ping most of the time, packet loss as well.

My issue is not bandwidth, it is the packet loss that is occurring. I'm already load balancing everything using the best methods available and filtering traffic. My internet usage is really not that huge. League of Legends barely uses any bandwidth/speed.

But you're right haha, internet is run by ignorants around here, unfortunately...

Is the net cafe by any chance in Hazmieh or something?
Because if it is don't consider Sodetel. The central in that region has 'problems' as usual and my ping with sodetel FIXED IP mind you is around 200-400 during peak times.

The situation in this country is fkin shameful. Didn't they jail that youssef theif already?!

#11 November 24 2016

eido

AVOlio wrote:

As I remember when I asked the employee of spotnet,
He told me that each and every one of the available computers had its own dsl line.
He could have been just bragging off, or had no idea what he was talking about.

And as I remember, when i did a speedtest, the provider was Ogero.

And Ogero have stable pings.
Your pings will be high of course in a network because you're sharing your lines on multiple computers,  and people are browsing the Internet /YouTube / Facebook or whatever whole other people are playing games.

Am I right!?

Ofcourse he was bragging lol.

What you're saying is not right because i have every computer get a certain speed and cannot use the speed of the other computer no matter what. And it was working fine for months but the problem is from ogero.  I called ogero yesterday and they confirmed the problem is from their side. They said there are problems trying to fix...

#12 November 24 2016

eido

Totoro wrote:
eido wrote:
rolf wrote:

Hey rolf,

Is the net cafe by any chance in Hazmieh or something?
Because if it is don't consider Sodetel. The central in that region has 'problems' as usual and my ping with sodetel FIXED IP mind you is around 200-400 during peak times.

The situation in this country is fkin shameful. Didn't they jail that youssef theif already?!

Hi totoro thanks for the feedback. My place is in beirut.

#13 November 24 2016

MrClass

Never go microwave for such a business. You'll have downtime issues from time to time, it's expensive and adds to the total latency.

Line aggregation adds to the latency as well.

I recommend dedicated Internet through DSL. It is much cheaper than microwave, has much better latency, and gives the still gives you the full speed you need (no throttling or any of that shit)

Low latency isn't related to bandwidth. I can download full speed on my line and still play CSGO at low latency without a problem.

Check with the DSP company called Pesco. Ask them for a 4Mbps Dedicated Internet through DSL package. Should be enough for 25 machines.

#14 November 24 2016

eido

MrClass wrote:

Never go microwave for such a business. You'll have downtime issues from time to time, it's expensive and adds to the total latency.

I recommend dedicated Internet through DSL. It is much cheaper than microwave, has much better latency, and gives the still gives you the full speed you need (no throttling or any of that shit)

Low latency isn't related to bandwidth. I can download full speed on my line and still play CSGO at low latency without a problem.

Check with the DSP company called Pesco. Ask them for a 4Mbps Dedicated Internet through DSL package. Should be enough for 25 machines.

Just called pesco and they asked me to call idm. They said currently they dont offer dedicated dsl sice the central in beirut is full (mina el hoson). They only have microwave 6mb for 900$ a month...

Welcome to banana republic

#15 November 24 2016

MrClass

eido wrote:
MrClass wrote:

Just called pesco and they asked me to call idm. They said currently they dont offer dedicated dsl sice the central in beirut is full (mina el hoson). They only have microwave 6mb for 900$ a month...

Welcome to banana republic

Ok check with Cable1 http://www.cable-1.net/

Cable1 is the sister company of Cyberia/IDM

#16 November 25 2016

MAD

the net i go to is with connect, dedicated plan he got 30 pcs and more than one internet account,
i helped him with configuration on the router to limit the speed so when a pc have high ping(windows or antivirus update, even browsing and youtube ...) the others are not affected.
i can get you more info if you want, pm me

#17 November 25 2016

eido

MAD wrote:

the net i go to is with connect, dedicated plan he got 30 pcs and more than one internet account,
i helped him with configuration on the router to limit the speed so when a pc have high ping(windows or antivirus update, even browsing and youtube ...) the others are not affected.

thanks MAD, but connect told me they are not good for gaming, ping is 90/100 ms.

#18 November 25 2016

MAD

oh boy the regular connect ping is 220 at its best

but what i am talking about is the dedicated plan, the one you will have to pay 220$ per account for it
our friend have 30 pcs as i mentioned above and have 90 ping at peek time.

sometimes i play on a ping of 50 in his cybercafe
you dont need better than 90 tho.

eido wrote:
MAD wrote:

thanks MAD, but connect told me they are not good for gaming, ping is 90/100 ms.

#19 November 25 2016

eido

MAD wrote:

but what i am talking about is the dedicated plan, the one you will have to pay 220$ per account for it

eido wrote:
MAD wrote:

What is the average ping? Can you check for me please? with ogero i can reach 83 stable. BUT 50??? thats amazing man. What is the speed he is subscribed to? I already have the speed divided among my PCs so I just need the stable connection. Can you please get me the speed he has for every PC? And is he able to run CS GO without any lag?

#20 November 27 2016

MAD

the plan is 8mb for 150gb /account
he uses more than one account
ping 50 is rare to happen but it does happen
average ping lets say 80, but sometimes 100 sometimes 60 so its unstable, plus connect uses microwave connections so when the weather is shitty, the connection is not stable,
and yesterday the ping was high, he told me that connect are working on the antenna...
so if i where you i would stay with ogero if i get a stable 83 ping on 25pc ogero is safer
and 83 ping is good man
why do you need better
at home i play csgo with 150 ping (IDM) with no lags
do you have lags on 83ping ?

eido wrote:
MAD wrote:

eido wrote:

What is the average ping? Can you check for me please? with ogero i can reach 83 stable. BUT 50??? thats amazing man. What is the speed he is subscribed to? I already have the speed divided among my PCs so I just need the stable connection. Can you please get me the speed he has for every PC? And is he able to run CS GO without any lag?

#21 November 27 2016

eido

MAD wrote:

the plan is 8mb for 150gb /account
he uses more than one account
ping 50 is rare to happen but it does happen
average ping lets say 80, but sometimes 100 sometimes 60 so its unstable, plus connect uses microwave connections so when the weather is shitty, the connection is not stable,
and yesterday the ping was high, he told me that connect are working on the antenna...
so if i where you i would stay with ogero if i get a stable 83 ping on 25pc ogero is safer
and 83 ping is good man
why do you need better
at home i play csgo with 150 ping (IDM) with no lags
do you have lags on 83ping ?

eido wrote:
MAD wrote:

Ahh i see.
Sometimes ogero is not stable and i get high pings of 130+ ms. and get laggy.
Right now it is stable

#22 November 27 2016

nuclearcat

rolf wrote:

Btw even millions - no. Ogero has monopoly on international capacity.

Board footer