LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 30 2016

Tech Guru

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 vs iPad Air 2

I am going to gift my Fiance a Tablet , and I have about 650 USD to Spare (Get a Bonus  Salary this Month so I will deduct some for it for the tablet , and I am going with the best of what the allocated budget offers , After doing a comprehensive search (reviews , tech channels , you tube , stores in Leb prices ETc..) I decided on the above two tablets:

Both Tablets seem decent from the specifications / reviews  and has a similar price range

Tab S2 (32GB /4G) for 550 USD + cover + screen protector + 64 Micro SD SanDisk Class 10 UHS-1 with one Year CTC Warranty about 590 - 600 USD including VAT

Ipad Air 2 64 GB (4G)   + cover + screen protector + one year warraty about USD 600 Including VAT

Here is a nice comparison reviews  between the two, the S2  is  relatively newer:

http://www.tabletpcreview.com/feature/s … pad-air-2/

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?id … hone2=6742

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/21062 … s-compared

What are your recommendations form your personal experience?

Thank You

#2 August 30 2016

Metalloy

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 vs iPad Air 2

I think you can't go wrong with both, so if I were you I would get the same OS that she uses on her smartphone.

#3 August 31 2016

mmk92

iOS is a far better tablet OS than Android IMO. Wait for September though if you can, they're probably releasing a new line of tablets.

#4 August 31 2016

LifeEngineer

Man, i've tried lots of android tablets. And although i am hardcore android smartphone user, nothing come close to the iPads in tablets territory.
Get the ipad without thinking about it. Just make sure to get the 64gb if she's into games or media.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (August 31 2016)

#5 August 31 2016

LifeEngineer

Metalloy wrote:

I think you can't go wrong with both, so if I were you I would get the same OS that she uses on her smartphone.

I would do absolutely the opposite. Get her the OS that she doesn't have on her phone. She'll get the best of both worlds.

#6 August 31 2016

Georges00

Android does not feel like it's meant to run on a tablet.
Get the iPad.

Last edited by Georges00 (August 31 2016)

#7 August 31 2016

Salloum

Get the iPad. 4G on tablets is pretty useless IMO, just use wifi hotspot from your smartphone. Amhaz has the model you mentioned for 560$, the non-4G is 480$.

#8 August 31 2016

Metalloy

well the majority seem to prefer IPad, but I don't know what's the fuzz against android tabs, I bought my wife a note tab almost 2 years ago and she is still happy with it.
Samsung have very good tablets in the market so I surely wouldn't dismiss it.

#9 August 31 2016

mmk92

Android is a good tablet OS, iOS is a great tablet OS.

#10 August 31 2016

Salloum

Metalloy wrote:

well the majority seem to prefer IPad, but I don't know what's the fuzz against android tabs, I bought my wife a note tab almost 2 years ago and she is still happy with it.
Samsung have very good tablets in the market so I surely wouldn't dismiss it.

Nothing against Android tablets at all, they are quite good, but honestly nothing beats an iPad

#11 August 31 2016

Marduk

When u buy ipads, they look fast but after a while they can become laggy as hell, my friend has an ipad 2, and its so laggy that it laggs everywere, even clash of clans is laggy on it, i have an ipad 4, it started to get laggy alot, it was so smooth when i first got it, now its ****. I dont know if i helped you alot but thats the wisest thing that came out of me. If shes an ios fan just get her the ipad, spare her the complexity of exploring android and keep her life simple, android can be a complex and dangerous territory even when you think that it wont be.

Last edited by Marduk (August 31 2016)

#12 September 1 2016

LifeEngineer

@Marduk, just imagine how worse that can be on android! Android = lag to some!
While I'm not saying that's necessarily true, I can testify that I experienced lag on android tablets more than any ipad.
My wife has an ipad mini and it still runs relatively fine! Yes slower than its debut, but let's not forget the age of that thing!
My ipad air 2 still runs like new!

Let's be honest here; Lag is actually the last argument that can benefit Android.
(my current new s7 edge has lags!)

Last edited by LifeEngineer (September 1 2016)

#13 September 1 2016

ironman

Marduk wrote:

When u buy ipads, they look fast but after a while they can become laggy as hell, my friend has an ipad 2, and its so laggy that it laggs everywere, even clash of clans is laggy on it, i have an ipad 4, it started to get laggy alot, it was so smooth when i first got it, now its ****. I dont know if i helped you alot but thats the wisest thing that came out of me. If shes an ios fan just get her the ipad, spare her the complexity of exploring android and keep her life simple, android can be a complex and dangerous territory even when you think that it wont be.

Marduk, Ipad 2 was released on "March 2, 2011"

I Have an iPad Air (1), and still runs like a beast with a solid battery life.

Last edited by ironman (September 1 2016)

#14 September 1 2016

Salloum

Marduk wrote:

When you keep a device 5 years it doesn't really matter what the OS on it is, it's going to lag.

#15 September 1 2016

Marduk

Salloum wrote:
Marduk wrote:

When you keep a device 5 years it doesn't really matter what the OS on it is, it's going to lag.

Actually its probably the os too, the new os needs better hardware..... and guys i wasnt defending android, u can get sudden crashes in android :) but i also wasnt defending ios, i guess i just dont like both. But if you want my opinion get the ipad, games on it are pretty optimized for it more than android by miles, and it feels fast until it gets old, it will hold.

Board footer