LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 26 2007

jayinferno

ISA - Help...?

Hey All

I got a new Broadband connection (Mobi - Yes i know them and i will take my time later to answer on the other mobi related posts)
Anyways, i tried setting it up on my ISA server, well it worked after i had to tell ISA to dialup a connection (as we have to dial up a PPPoE connection). And i had to put the proxy address (which is eventually my ISA server address) on each client PC's browser in order for them to access the internet (a thing i didn't do usually. I used to just plug in the PC on my network, assign the IP, the Gateway and DNS, and it used to connect to the web without proxies - Anyways i can live with that and try to find an explanation later)

BUT.. the problem i faced is accessing my POP and their SMTP's.  I did put the right SMTP address in the ISA server and i did try the mobi on a standalone machine (where POP and SMTP worked perfectly), and i did have a Microwave link on my ISA with Cyberia, and back then my POP and SMTP also worked fine.
Now i cannot make them work when Mobi is on my ISA. I tried fiddling around with the ISA and DNS forwarders, added the mobi IP address in the routing (although not needed, but just in case), but still, my POP and SMTP are dead..

Anyone ?

#2 March 26 2007

rolf

Re: ISA - Help...?

That's weird. Some ISPs block the SMTP port so that you cannot spam. But you say that your POP also doeasnt work... that's weird
Any way, I have no experience with ISA and no ISA setup around to fiddle with so i cannot help you... all I can say is you need to make sure NAT is exabled... i dont know how you do that on isa.

#3 March 27 2007

rolf

cmon man plz give a quick review about mobi

#4 March 27 2007

duckster

I thought i gave a brief commentary in another thread

#5 March 27 2007

jayinferno

Rolf, when am pluggin the mobi thing directly to my machine, the POP and SMTP are working smoothly. The thing is in ISA.. i hate ISA :(

Board footer