LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 21 2016

LifeEngineer

Connect remotely to PS4

Hello, I want to know if there is any way to connect remotely to my ps4 at home while I'm away.

I'm not talking here about remote play or pairing when on same wifi!

I want to be able to connect wirelessly and remotely to it when i'm away and the ps4 is on standby mode and connected to my wifi at home. Also to be able to pause and resume downloads remotely.

I use teamviewer on my phone to connect remotely to my pc. Is there is anything similar for PS4?!

#2 June 21 2016

Johnaudi

Re: Connect remotely to PS4

It will be slightly slow, but if you set up a VPN or a proxy address, you can do it.

#3 June 21 2016

chosen2k

You can remote play from anywhere.

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/r … index.html

#4 June 21 2016

LifeEngineer

chosen2k wrote:

But does that allow me to control everything on the ps4? Start, pause and resume downloads?

#5 June 21 2016

LifeEngineer

Johnaudi wrote:

It will be slightly slow, but if you set up a VPN or a proxy address, you can do it.

I wish I know how to do that!

#6 June 21 2016

elchebib

LifeEngineer wrote:
chosen2k wrote:

But does that allow me to control everything on the ps4? Start, pause and resume downloads?

Yes. It basically gives you access to the whole interface of the PS4 with the ability to download/browse. You can even play games remotely but I wouldn't recommend that since it requires fast stable connections.

#7 June 22 2016

LifeEngineer

elchebib wrote:

Yes. It basically gives you access to the whole interface of the PS4 with the ability to download/browse. You can even play games remotely but I wouldn't recommend that since it requires fast stable connections.

Great then! I shall check it today! Thanks!

#8 June 22 2016

chosen2k

& there's no need for VPN

#9 June 22 2016

LifeEngineer

Well i dismissed it at first because it required scanning a code from the ps4 (TV) screen andit mentioned same wifi!
For those 2 reasons I supposed it only works on similar wifi and I dismissed the idea fast!

Just a question, on the ps4 app on android, in the 1st page (most left), do I chose "Second screen" or "PS4 guest log in"?

#10 June 22 2016

elchebib

LifeEngineer wrote:

Well i dismissed it at first because it required scanning a code from the ps4 (TV) screen andit mentioned same wifi!
For those 2 reasons I supposed it only works on similar wifi and I dismissed the idea fast!

Just a question, on the ps4 app on android, in the 1st page (most left), do I chose "Second screen" or "PS4 guest log in"?

As far as I know, the playstation app on windows/mac would give you access to the ps4 remotely (from the same network or from outside your network). The playstation app on android/ios do NOT provide this option (you will have to connect to the ps4 through the same wifi network).

Board footer