LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 28 2006

samer
Admin

Crack Windows Passwords easily

OphCrack2 is a windows password cracker that uses rainbow tables. It has a LiveCD version based on the SLAX liveCD. Boot and it will try to find a Windows partition, extract its SAM and start auditing the passwords. You can get it here:
http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

#2 July 28 2006

mahdoum

Re: Crack Windows Passwords easily

guess it can come usefull, not really! I see no use for this

#3 July 28 2006

battikh

i tried it some time ago, it works really fine but the booting cd takes really too much time to boot.
and it's usefull, if someone leaves his laptop with you for 5 minutes, you have his administartor password, or even, you can use it on the university lab computers...

#4 July 28 2006

mahdoum

yeah its usefull if you want to reak havoc

#5 July 29 2006

Padre

University Lab Computers ... lol
most of them have Bios Passwords that wont enable u to boot from CD AND ur welcome to try and reset that ...cause ur on camera

#6 July 30 2006

mir

University Lab Computers ... lol
most of them have Bios Passwords that wont enable u to boot from CD AND ur welcome to try and reset that ...cause ur on camera

is that some kind of joke
University Lab Computers in Lebanon ... 3anjad ? , which Universities ?
well that is not exactly how things are in my Uni
you can say the complete opposite

#7 August 3 2006

Padre

lol, im a Lab admin on in my uni ... so u can say i try to keep the basic "hackers" out.
Even got a machine connstantly monitoring for possible "Sniffing" on the network along with the usuall Honeypots and IDS's

#8 August 3 2006

samer
Admin

Padre, which university ?

#9 March 14 2007

silent

hmm usefull soft (Y) good job.. as for unis.. lol ya kinda facing the same prob i can even plug in my usb drive cos its freaking disabled even chatting sites are blocked by kerio's winroute found a way around tht though:P

#10 March 15 2007

Charly

hehe, our computer labs are all monitored... we doing a physics test once online, and there were only graduate assistants watching us, no proffessors.... so u must know how things must have gone........ anyways, we all find the following day 2 grades on our WebCT site, the original grade, and the pushed down grade.... and next to the pushed down grade a video link... the video of how the lab was when we were doing the exam ....

#11 March 15 2007

NoReGreT

Greetz !
I believe there are several methods for obtaining the users hashes from a Windows OS, but the challenge is to be able to break them.
This site is very fast because of their dedicated cracking servers using rainbow tables.
All hashes that I tried there are basically LM hashes and it works perfectly, but I didn't give a shot for NTLM hashes.
More info

Board footer