LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 8 2016

Elraed1

Gaming laptops

Hello
My question is can i find razer laptos in lebanon and if not can somebody point me at good gaming laptops for about 1600$ (asus rog if possible).

#2 March 8 2016

hkbazzi

Re: Gaming laptops

avoid thin laptops, hence razer! The thinner they are, the more they are going to struggle to vent out the hot air. Asus G752 is an amazing choice, as well as MSI GT72. You can can get an alienware from Macrotronics.net for 1700 I think. I honestly think they are very overpriced. Best choice for saving money and getting more performance is to ship it in from outside. I got a second hand laptop from the states for a very good price and in almost perfect condition. I ended up paying overall (tax/shipping/customs/laptop) less than retail price on a brand new laptop from Amazon.com

Last edited by hkbazzi (March 8 2016)

#3 March 8 2016

Tech Guru

@Elraed1

I prefer gaming desktops on Laptops , I tried both:

* Easier to Upgrade
* Easier to Fix
* Customization
* No Heating Problems / Throttling

Actually enthusiastic gaming laptops shares with desktops " semi - desktops"

- Heavy
-Low Battery Life (Constant Electricity Plug)

For a Good Gaming Experience in Laptops it Must includes:

At Least an SSD
Core i7-6700HQ or  i7 - 4720HQ
GTX 970M or 980M (Remember the GPU of Mobile Discreet Graphics are 30-25% slower than the regular Desktop Variants (GTX 970 or 980)

I do recommend to check the following links:

http://www.macrotronics.net/index.php/c … =1&sort=2a

http://mojitech.net/shop/product-category/laptops/

#4 March 8 2016

Elraed1

I saw an alienware laptop for 1799$ i think it s the best i can get here and i need a laptop because im going to callege and want to still have fun so im gonna buy a gaming laptop and maybe a screen that i m gonna put in my parents house and ofc im gonna buy a keyboard and mouse.
The alienware i saw i think is the same you r talking about.
What do you think about the price(it s cut from 1999 to 1799 on macrotronics)

Last edited by Elraed1 (March 8 2016)

#5 March 8 2016

Tech Guru

@Elraed1

What are the series / specs of this Alienware Laptop - Give me the link to evaluate it.

Regards

#6 March 8 2016

Elraed1

The 17 inch and 15 inch have the same price .
They are on sale on macrotronics home page
I can t end link i don t know why.

#7 March 8 2016

bermudapineapple

I was also going to ask a similar question. I was considering ordering one from abroad, but I fear the risk that it might be defective. And if it is, it will be hell to have to replaced. This is why I prefer purchasing one from here. Does anyone know a store here that sells high-quality gaming laptops?

#8 March 9 2016

NAM

The problem is that Lebanon is a small community of electronic enthusiasts .. even when you find a shop that caters to those it will be expensive enough to risk overseas shipping .. your best option is to get your stuff with a relative from europe or the US the second best is to try the usual PC shops (Pcandparts, macrotronics.. etc) then the usual hyper stores like khoury home or carrefour (those will give you a 1 year warranty but no shipping worries)

#9 March 9 2016

ramy58

I got an msi gt72 dominator g with a 4700mq and a 970m
It's basically equal to a 3700 + 7950 on a desktop
I got a lot of software related problems at first, but i managed to fix everything. It cost me 1500 euros (bought it online in France). In the end, I'm satisfied for my purchase, although i recommend getting a desktop, which i already have.

#10 March 9 2016

MrClass

If you insist on getting a gaming laptop, make sure to get it from here: http://www.xoticpc.com/

They have nice xoticpc MSI barebones with customizable specs. If you figure out the delivery and payment dilemmas, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by MrClass (March 11 2016)

#11 March 10 2016

hassansaleh31

hey everyone
I posted recently about getting a gamming laptop for my brother from lebanon and know as i stumbled across this post and checked some prices in us like xotic pc thanks to @MrClass (PS: you're amazing ) ,alienware and msi website I think i'm ready to take the risk of shipping a laptop so i want to know whick laptop do you suggest for 1500$ with at least a gtx 970m and a core i7 i already found a deal on dell's websit (allienware 17 for 1499$ used to be 1799$) and i want to know if I should get it from us or europe.

#13 March 11 2016

Johnaudi

I currently have an Omen 15, it's been about a year that I have it and I can say that it's an amazing HP laptop, yet I've started to encounter adapter problems (my adapter broke), and then my GPU started slightly malfunctioning after that, so I've purchased a new adapter and everything went back to normal.

Note that you need to format laptops every once in a while to keep them from getting slow, even though the Omen is a beast, I still format it once every 2-3 months.

#14 March 11 2016

MrClass

Johnaudi wrote:

Note that you need to format laptops every once in a while to keep them from getting slow, even though the Omen is a beast, I still format it once every 2-3 months.

That does not make sense at all.

Get an SSD, install only what is necessary, never install pirated software.

I'm still running my laptop without a single wipeout for the last 4-5 years.

Proper software maintenance will not require you to wipe everything out and start fresh; the last thing you should do is a format. A hard drive getting slow probably means a mechanical failure is imminent. Checkdisk can help with volume corruptions though; an hdd can maintain good performance for the first 3 years; after that it wears down mechanically and no matter how many times you format it, it won't help. you can try to defragment the disk, but meh, anno 2016 why bother with mechanical disks.

Switch to an ssd please.

Last edited by MrClass (March 11 2016)

#15 March 12 2016

bermudapineapple

SSD or not, you don't need to format a computer ever if you know what you are doing.

#16 March 12 2016

Johnaudi

tt400 wrote:

SSD or not, you don't need to format a computer ever if you know what you are doing.

Trust me, I know what I do with my PC, yet it's useful to re-organize and free up space every once and then. (As my files and data aren't that organized due to the lack of time)
The only things I ever install on my PC are Skype, Steam, Visual Studio and MS Office.

@MrClass, I am using a 256G M.2 PCI SSD on my Omen 15.

Last edited by Johnaudi (March 12 2016)

#17 March 12 2016

bermudapineapple

MrClass wrote:

If you insist on getting a gaming laptop, make sure to get it from here: http://www.xoticpc.com/

They have nice xoticpc MSI barebones with customizable specs. If you figure out the delivery and payment dilemmas, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Forgot to mention this, but I don't recommed xoticpc at all. If you get a good computer from them, you are good to go. But if there's a problem with the computer, forget about it.

Board footer