LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 9 2015

ali_m3

Black Ops 3 - Multiplayer issues

Hi all,

Playing BO3 on PS3 and getting bad ping

it seems i am being matched with players from the other side of the globe - so i guess there is a matchmaking issue with the server.

in previous COD titles, always used to be matched with players from same geographical area and as such ping was great.

anyone facing same problem?

note that i am pretty sure my connection is working fine, im on 30Mbps fiber

Thanks

#2 November 9 2015

Georges00

Re: Black Ops 3 - Multiplayer issues

30Mbs? And fiber?
Plus, try contacting their support.

#3 November 9 2015

ali_m3

Georges00 wrote:

30Mbs? And fiber?
Plus, try contacting their support.

Hi Georges

Living in Qatar

their support page clearly states that we will be matched with players from same area, although sure it is not the case

Last edited by ali_m3 (November 9 2015)

#4 November 9 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

ali I live in Lebanon with amazing ping , the ping in this game is >90ms with stuttering there and then IT IS THE MATCHMAKING , it's not picking the best match possible, it only picks the first game it sees

#5 November 10 2015

ali_m3

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

ali I live in Lebanon with amazing ping , the ping in this game is >90ms with stuttering there and then IT IS THE MATCHMAKING , it's not picking the best match possible, it only picks the first game it sees

Thanks Ahmad for the info

I guess this is whats happening. I tried to connect the PS3 to a different network, and yet problem persisted, so i guess like you said its an issue with matchmaking. I hope they get it resolved in a patch soon.

#6 November 10 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

they had matchmaking : best, normal and any types for matchmaking in bops2 they don't have it here I guess it's picking the any type on default

Board footer