LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 1 2015

Sup3r

Internet cafe with fast download speed?

So I went to "spotnet" and it was a joke, not in terms of "speed". They had a management software installed called smartlaunch where it customizes the whole windows into a sandbox-like OS that you can't open any folders or applications, unless they allow it in the "sandbox-like" OS, there was only "firefox" and games available to open. Not even a start menu. Of course I could've bypass it if I want through restarting into safe mode and opening command prompt or even trying keyboard shortcuts, although I respect their choice. They even ask you if you want to download before opening an account for you. Because download isn't allowed.

The ping was 4ms/sec with 1Mbps speed to a Beirut server... if there's alternative internet cafes with similar speed although normal windows access and possibly "USB" ports available. I'd appreciate finding these in Lebanon. As I've got some files that I want to download.

Last edited by Sup3r (August 1 2015)

#2 August 1 2015

NAM

Re: Internet cafe with fast download speed?

Sup3r wrote:

So I went to "spotnet" and it was a joke, not in terms of "speed". They had a management software installed called smartlaunch where it customizes the whole windows into a sandbox-like OS that you can't open any folders or applications, unless they allow it in the "sandbox-like" OS, there was only "firefox" and games available to open. Not even a start menu. Of course I could've bypass it if I want through restarting into safe mode and opening command prompt or even trying keyboard shortcuts, although I respect their choice. They even ask you if you want to download before opening an account for you. Because download isn't allowed.

The ping was 4ms/sec with 1Mbps speed to a Beirut server... if there's alternative internet cafes with similar speed although normal windows access and possibly "USB" ports available. I'd appreciate finding these in Lebanon. As I've got some files that I want to download.

It is weird that you call them a joke when you actually know for sure how download and download speed work in lebanon .. you yourself can't download in your home .. please remember that lebanon has many issues with connectivity due to negligence from the government hence all ISPs can't give you unlimited internet quota (FUP applies) .. on other note i don't think there is a place (at least in lebanon) that you can download freely in (eve AUB cxn sucks during the day)

#3 August 1 2015

nas93

NAM wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

It is weird that you call them a joke when you actually know for sure how download and download speed work in lebanon .. you yourself can't download in your home .. please remember that lebanon has many issues with connectivity due to negligence from the government hence all ISPs can't give you unlimited internet quota (FUP applies) .. on other note i don't think there is a place (at least in lebanon) that you can download freely in (eve AUB cxn sucks during the day)

+1
Good luck finding a place where they have fast internet OP

#4 August 2 2015

Sup3r

NAM wrote:

The joke wasn't in regards to the download limitations, to their restrictions on users.

#5 November 7 2015

eido

Hi Sup3r,

what exactly do you want to download? what size is it? maybe i can help and download it for you. 16 M/sec download speed here.

regards,

#6 November 7 2015

Georges00

eido wrote:

Hi Sup3r,

what exactly do you want to download? what size is it? maybe i can help and download it for you. 16 M/sec download speed here.

regards,

Wait What How.

#7 November 8 2015

scorz

Georges00 wrote:
eido wrote:

Hi Sup3r,

regards,

Wait What How.

Torrent. I've hit such speed with torrent using multiple wan connections.
Unless you have some magical link ?

#8 November 8 2015

eido

3 wan links

Last edited by eido (November 8 2015)

#9 November 8 2015

scorz

eido wrote:

3 wan links

Do you have by any chance Mad Max game files?

#10 November 8 2015

eido

no sorry

Board footer