LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 3 2015

Brownies

Share Your Scariest Real Life Experience

Title says it all; Share your scariest real life experience. No troll posts like "I woke up one day and my Laptop wouldn't start #SoScary".
I'll go first:

So my girlfriend and I like to have our private time, just like any other couples, to sit down and talk and maybe even share a few kisses.
Since we're both university students, we live with our parents and so going home isn't always an option. We often take the car out and I park somewhere secluded with a view where we can be alone.

One night, while in the car in our secluded area, we were just doing the usual flirting and whatever and she starts telling me she's hearing noises. Thinking that this could be turning into a cheesy horror movie, I told her to relax and it was probably nothing. Suddenly I began to hear some noises in the tress/bushes near the car; like something was moving around but I ignored it. She became increasingly worried and so did I as the noises became more frequent. We've been in this spot many times before and nothing like this has ever occurred.
I decided we should probably leave so I turned on the car, backed out and left.
While I was backing out, my girlfriend was on the phone so she didn't see what I saw as we were leaving; The car light were on so as I was driving back, the lights revealed a man, crouched in the bushes (very visible) holding something that shined. We made eye contact and I didn't react other than backing up a little quicker and driving off.

I'm still not sure what the hell that guy was holding, who he was, or what he was doing in the forest next to our car.
We never went back and I never told her.

Can't wait to hear your stories!
tl;dr : Some weirdo was stalking our parked car with something shiney in his hand. Spoiler: Wasn't Sméagol.

#2 October 3 2015

rolf

Re: Share Your Scariest Real Life Experience

That's a scary story.
Hope you'll find a better place for your "private time" :) like somewhere more private.

Last edited by rolf (October 3 2015)

#3 October 3 2015

bermudapineapple

That's creepy. He was probably holding a camera or phone to film "the sexy time" and the light from your car reflected off the glass/lens.

One night at around 1 AM I was sitting outside my house under a tree (I live in the mountains) and I saw a very bright stable light-green light move really fast across the sky from one mountain and over the other mountain (I'm in the valley between the two). The whole ordeal lasted about 5 seconds. We are not alone.

#4 October 3 2015

scorz

Back in the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war, the Israelis bombed near our home (when they bombed near Beirut Mall).
It was scary because it was not predictable, usually they used to hit far from us. I was on the balcony and you could feel the vibration of the whole damn building and seeing the windows and light pole shaking and suddenly the whole vision went black  (like dying in a video game ) The vision stayed blurred for like an hour or so because of the dust.

#5 October 3 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Back in 1989, during the ''liberation war'' we (family) were in harbor of Jounieh to take a boat to Cyprus, the syrian army begin to bombard us the minute the boat was near the dock. I was a child but I will remember it all my life, the Lebanese Red Cross brought a body of a guy who was outside during the first bombardment, he was full of blood and dying,they were asking for blood supply, people were panicking and screaming. We were the target of the syrian artillery for hours, the Lebanese Forces militia guys there were calm and tried to calm us saying the building was made with ''beton armé'' capable of resisting these bombardments.We stayed there all night long till 7 AM when the syrian army decided to stop targeting us, needless to say I couldn't sleep one minute, I was trembling of fear as hundred of bombs were coming on the building we were in. About 3 people died this night in this same place. We came back 2 days later, this time we weren't bombarded

#6 October 3 2015

Brownies

scorz wrote:

Back in the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah war, the Israelis bombed near our home (when they bombed near Beirut Mall).
It was scary because it was not predictable, usually they used to hit far from us. I was on the balcony and you could feel the vibration of the whole damn building and seeing the windows and light pole shaking and suddenly the whole vision went black  (like dying in a video game ) The vision stayed blurred for like an hour or so because of the dust.

vegetaleb wrote:

Back in 1989, during the ''liberation war'' we (family) were in harbor of Jounieh to take a boat to Cyprus, the syrian army begin to bombard us the minute the boat was near the dock. I was a child but I will remember it all my life, the Lebanese Red Cross brought a body of a guy who was outside during the first bombardment, he was full of blood and dying,they were asking for blood supply, people were panicking and screaming. We were the target of the syrian artillery for hours, the Lebanese Forces militia guys there were calm and tried to calm us saying the building was made with ''beton armé'' capable of resisting these bombardments.We stayed there all night long till 7 AM when the syrian army decided to stop targeting us, needless to say I couldn't sleep one minute, I was trembling of fear as hundred of bombs were coming on the building we were in. About 3 people died this night in this same place. We came back 2 days later, this time we weren't bombarded

To be honest, there's nothing scarier than those experiences. I feel quite lucky to not have been around during that time. Thank you for sharing your stories. I hope more people will contribute their experiences too.

#7 October 4 2015

venam

--

Last edited by venam (September 9 2016)

#8 October 4 2015

bermudapineapple

venam wrote:

...and many more (I'm realizing my life is pretty intense and that I should stop this post here)

You are going to make a great grandfather.

#9 October 4 2015

LifeEngineer

tt400 wrote:
venam wrote:

...and many more (I'm realizing my life is pretty intense and that I should stop this post here)

Hahaha just my thought!
Man your life is really intense! God bless you and be with you!

#10 October 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

tt400 wrote:
venam wrote:

Or a good Gandalf!

#11 October 4 2015

Elied

LifeEngineer wrote:
tt400 wrote:
venam wrote:

Hahaha just my thought!
Man your life is really intense! God bless you and be with you!

Plot twist, he turns out to be an atheist!

#12 October 4 2015

Nemesis-301

I have a phobia from heights and when I was 13 we went on a school trip to dream park, and I rode the roller coaster because I didn't want my friends calling me a p****, and since all of the guys and girls were riding it... it was extremely scary, from the first drop I got very dizzy and almost lost consciousness and I couldn't move my entire body because of the fear I was in, and I just closed my eyes and prayed it would end.

other than that a couple of times when I was driving and I lost control of my car in rainy weather and narrowly avoided oncoming cars.

edit: I forgot the worst one.... when asking a girl out

Last edited by Nemesis-301 (October 4 2015)

#13 October 4 2015

venam

--

Last edited by venam (September 9 2016)

#14 October 4 2015

Anthony2000

Brownies wrote:

tl;dr : Some weirdo was stalking our parked car with something shiney in his hand. Spoiler: Wasn't Sméagol.

I see what you did there ... Preciousssssss

#15 October 4 2015

rolf

Nemesis-301 wrote:

I have a phobia from heights and when I was 13 we went on a school trip to dream park, and I rode the roller coaster because I didn't want my friends calling me a p****, and since all of the guys and girls were riding it... it was extremely scary, from the first drop I got very dizzy and almost lost consciousness and I couldn't move my entire body because of the fear I was in, and I just closed my eyes and prayed it would end.

I went to Park Asterix in Paris once, with my parent, when I was like 10? Not sure. Anyway it was a terrible experience. That thing Looped! More then once. I remember seing a loop and being like noooo. I'd like to do it again now that I think of it.

#16 October 4 2015

Nemesis-301

rolf wrote:
Nemesis-301 wrote:

I went to Park Asterix in Paris once, with my parent, when I was like 10? Not sure. Anyway it was a terrible experience. That thing Looped! More then once. I remember seing a loop and being like noooo. I'd like to do it again now that I think of it.

yeah, I wanna conquer my phobia, but I should do it gradually

#17 October 4 2015

AVOlio

I would like to share my experience that just happened to me today.
I would not call it scary, but more surprising and shocking.

So i was walking my Girlfriend to the main road so she could take a cab and go home.
That part went well.
After that,after she left, i went to the side of the road, on my phone using it,opening the daily game that i play "Ingress", which is a GPS based game, and i needed to be in that spot to be able to play.
So right behind me there was a cross intersection road (msalabiyye) with lights and everything, but i had my back turned to that side.
So there i am, attacking the portal of an enemy player (playing the game basically) and suddenly i saw my phone being taken away from my own hands, by a guy sitting in the back of a motorcycle.
Firstly, at that moment, i was shocked,surprised, and my head and thoughts went to "Oh, that could be the player that i am attacking his portals now, messing with me".
But as soon as i saw the driver driving away really fast, i started thinking no, i am being robbed,mugged,"PhoneJacked"...
So i start running behind him, screaming "wleeeee, thieef" but no avail,because at that moment the lights behind me became green and every car/bus/truck started speeding like Formula one.
And then, as soon as i lost him behind all the Buses and trucks which blocked my view,i just stopped.

Funny thing is, there is a tower on the cross road which has at least a dozen of cameras. And, there is a patisserie in front,which has cameras installed that for sure have a view of the street (which is the street which the motorcycle was on).
It was in Dekwaneh Area,and the patisserie is "Si Bon".
I even went in to talk to the manager, told him my story, and asked if i can view the cameras to at least receive an image of the f***rs, but no avail, he said that he cant view anything on the cameras in his branch, its connected to the main branch, and even then i need an "order"? i think to be able to see them.

So any of you guys have any idea what i can do now, or any of you guys have connections in the "dawle" that can make it possible for me to catch an image of the guys on the motorcycle on camera?  Either on the public cameras, or from the cameras of the patisserie, cause i am sure all those cameras have a clear view of the street.
I am at a point at, where, i said, i dont want my phone, but I am willliing to do whatever i can, to get a picture of the low lives to put in authorities hands.

To put the icing on the cake, this is the second time something like this happened to me, in the same area. (The previous jacking was like 50m away from the one that happened today) and even at that time, none of the officials in the station did anything,to go investigate and take the picture out of the cameras.

#18 October 4 2015

rolf

Have you tried going to the police?

#19 October 4 2015

Hybrid

rolf wrote:

Have you tried going to the police?

I don't think they open on Sunday :)

#20 October 4 2015

AVOlio

Yes yes i went, and already filed a claim and everything.
As if that will do anything.

#21 October 4 2015

nosense

@AVOlio

as I was reading the beginning of the story when you mentioned "road" and "phone" I knew it's gonna be another phone theft story, I saw this happen in front of me, a guy was talking on his phone, he got mugged by a guy on a motorcycle just took it from his hands and drove away, it's happening way too much, I am scared of even using my phone in public now.

Last edited by nosense (October 4 2015)

#22 October 4 2015

TheStunMan

Yea know what I wish motorcycles would be banned in this city like TOTALLY  banned that way at least cycling/walking would become the norm.

#23 October 4 2015

Die_Kapitan

AVOlio wrote:

i was walking my Girlfriend

That's pretty scary by itself.

#24 October 5 2015

AVOlio

For sure @TheStunMan you're totally right about banning those god damn motorcycles, with their noise especially and their free gift of "Feeling like a za3im" that comes with it.
But lets face it, the day when they will actually ban motorcycles, will be the day when teleporting will be discovered.

@Die_Kapitan
Hmmm, I don't get it. :/

Anyway, none of you guys have a clue or can help me what do now in order to get me to see the footage of the public cameras that are on the stoplight square, or the camera from the patisserie?

#25 October 5 2015

bermudapineapple

AVOlio wrote:

@Die_Kapitan
Hmmm, I don't get it. :/

It sounds like you were "walking your girlfriend" like someone walks their dog.

AVOlio wrote:

Anyway, none of you guys have a clue or can help me what do now in order to get me to see the footage of the public cameras that are on the stoplight square, or the camera from the patisserie?

I really think you should just give up. If you find some footage, what are you going to do with it? The police will not look for the guys.

Board footer