LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1351 September 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Re: What are you playing these days ?

I used the torrent link.

Worst case try one of these torrents: http://bushtorrente.com/search/all/PHAN … N/seeds/1/

#1352 October 2 2015

ragdoll

Recently been going through my Steam games because I have way too many games that I've yet to play.

Currently playing:
-Stealth Bastard Deluxe (will go for the sequel after it). Great puzzle game. Fun and punishing.
-Dota 2. Got into it like 3 months ago and I'm semi-addicted.
-Team Fortress 2. This game is always on my list.
-CS:GO. An hour or so every now and then.
-Pool Nation. Amazing-looking pool game. Plays great, too.
-Rocket League. It's worth the $20 I put into it. Community's a bit... toxic, but it's something you can ignore.
-Insurgency. The Counter-Strike killer, in my opinion. Focuses on realism and teamwork. If you go solo, you WILL die. Repeatedly.

Waiting for my Ogero line to decide to show up so I can download more games. Top of the list are Bioshock Infinite and a bunch of Total War games from the last Humble Bundle.

#1353 October 2 2015

Die_Kapitan

ragdoll wrote:

Recently been going through my Steam games because I have way too many games that I've yet to play.

Currently playing:
-Stealth Bastard Deluxe (will go for the sequel after it). Great puzzle game. Fun and punishing.
-Dota 2. Got into it like 3 months ago and I'm semi-addicted.
-Team Fortress 2. This game is always on my list.
-CS:GO. An hour or so every now and then.
-Pool Nation. Amazing-looking pool game. Plays great, too.
-Rocket League. It's worth the $20 I put into it. Community's a bit... toxic, but it's something you can ignore.
-Insurgency. The Counter-Strike killer, in my opinion. Focuses on realism and teamwork. If you go solo, you WILL die. Repeatedly.

Waiting for my Ogero line to decide to show up so I can download more games. Top of the list are Bioshock Infinite and a bunch of Total War games from the last Humble Bundle.

Which TW games? If Shogun 2 is in there download at soon as possible, then download Rome II, or Attila if you bought it.

#1354 October 2 2015

bermudapineapple

Die_Kapitan wrote:

Which TW games? If Shogun 2 is in there download at soon as possible, then download Rome II, or Attila if you bought it.

Rome 2 is much better than Shogun 2.

#1355 October 3 2015

Die_Kapitan

tt400 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

No, Rome II isn't as balanced as Shogun II, in Rome II a spear unit will do some damage to a cavalry unit and that's it, in Shogun 2 a Yari Ashigaru will obliterate a cavalry unit, especially if it's in Yari wall, not to mention battles are quicker, the UI is beautiful, the soundtrack is fantastic, there aren't lots of unit types (which is better for a first time player)... and shamefur dispray!

#1356 October 3 2015

bermudapineapple

Die_Kapitan wrote:
tt400 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

No, Rome II isn't as balanced as Shogun II, in Rome II a spear unit will do some damage to a cavalry unit and that's it, in Shogun 2 a Yari Ashigaru will obliterate a cavalry unit, especially if it's in Yari wall, not to mention battles are quicker, the UI is beautiful, the soundtrack is fantastic, there aren't lots of unit types (which is better for a first time player)... and shamefur dispray!

I do miss the shamefur dispray but I felt as though Shogun 2 was not as culturally diverse as Rome 2. I don't understand how it's a good thing to have a smaller variety of units. Much of the units across the factions are very similar and thus you have much less replayability value. Also one of the public's main gripes about Rome 2 was that its battles finished way too quickly. I don't think even quicker battles in Shogun are appealing at all. Rome 2 had and still has major flaws such as bugged naval battles, the omission of many instruments like a family tree, bugged and useless politics, bugged sieges, and the fact that it became a DLC cash cow. But although Shogun 2 is less buggy and very enjoyable, I would advise any gamer than can only pick one of the Total War games to go for Rome 2. There's simply so much more to do if you have the time and if you know how to work around the bugs.

#1357 October 3 2015

Die_Kapitan

tt400 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
tt400 wrote:

I do miss the shamefur dispray but I felt as though Shogun 2 was not as culturally diverse as Rome 2. I don't understand how it's a good thing to have a smaller variety of units. Much of the units across the factions are very similar and thus you have much less replayability value. Also one of the public's main gripes about Rome 2 was that its battles finished way too quickly. I don't think even quicker battles in Shogun are appealing at all. Rome 2 had and still has major flaws such as bugged naval battles, the omission of many instruments like a family tree, bugged and useless politics, bugged sieges, and the fact that it became a DLC cash cow. But although Shogun 2 is less buggy and very enjoyable, I would advise any gamer than can only pick one of the Total War games to go for Rome 2. There's simply so much more to do if you have the time and if you know how to work around the bugs.

Cultural diversity is both a curse and blessing in TW, it's good for replayability, but it's bad as it makes some factions OP, just think of how Oathsworn or Praetorian Guards can obliterate any other infantry unit, whereas in Shogun 2, if a non-Oda Yari Ashigaru fights another Yari Ashigaru, both will have an equal chance of winning.

#1358 October 4 2015

ragdoll

Die_Kapitan wrote:

Shogun 2 is right after Bioshock for me. Didn't get Rome II since it was the only game in the top-tier level of the bundle and the reviews weren't so rave.
Then it's Medieval II: Total War for nostalgia.

#1359 October 4 2015

bermudapineapple

Die_Kapitan wrote:

Cultural diversity is both a curse and blessing in TW, it's good for replayability, but it's bad as it makes some factions OP, just think of how Oathsworn or Praetorian Guards can obliterate any other infantry unit, whereas in Shogun 2, if a non-Oda Yari Ashigaru fights another Yari Ashigaru, both will have an equal chance of winning.

That's true, yeah, but this is where the slower battles came in handy. It allowed you to maneuver your forces to outflank any elite soldiers and win the battle tactically rather than through brute force. I even played as the Romans and the Averni and my elite units were decimated many times if I wasn't smart with my movements.

#1360 October 4 2015

Die_Kapitan

ragdoll wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

Shogun 2 is right after Bioshock for me. Didn't get Rome II since it was the only game in the top-tier level of the bundle and the reviews weren't so rave.
Then it's Medieval II: Total War for nostalgia.

Rome II is pretty good too, bad reviews were mostly in the days of the now fixed graphical bugs, and maybe from that CA made the graphics a bit worse.

Switching to Shogun 2, download SweetFX, Vastator's Unit Style mod, a map mod called Narrow Death, and maybe even Darthmod.

Af for MII don't forget mods like Stainless Steel or Third Age: Total War.

#1361 October 4 2015

ragdoll

Having the Steam version won't put a damper on mods, right?

#1362 October 4 2015

Die_Kapitan

ragdoll wrote:

Having the Steam version won't put a damper on mods, right?

No it won't, Shogun 2 is one of the most mod-supported games on Steam, I do recommend installing Vastator's Unit Style 1.3 from TWCenter as you can't use the Workshop version in multiplayer battles, whereas you can with the TWCenter version. And don't forget to join/subscribe to TWCenter, TW forums and r/totalwar if you need help with anything, the TW community is very friendly.

#1363 October 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I will soon take a shower with Quiet!
I am giving her lot of weapon to boost her performance and be closer to me :)

#1364 October 4 2015

bermudapineapple

vegetaleb wrote:

I will soon take a shower with Quiet!
I am giving her lot of weapon to boost her performance and be closer to me :)

Are you talking about a game?

#1365 October 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Go and download Phantom Pain bro!
Quiet is the sexy bomb of the game

#1366 October 4 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

Go and download Phantom Pain bro!
Quiet is the sexy bomb of the game

No, but her sniper rifle is.

#1367 October 5 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

So Quiet is in reality Stefanie Joosten
I just checked her real photos...I think I am in love!

#1368 October 5 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

So Quiet is in reality Stefanie Joosten
I just checked her real photos...I think I am in love!

I'm warning you, stay away, she's mine!

#1369 October 12 2015

StannisTheMannis

Playing a lot of Rocket League on steam. The best thing about it is that each match is only 5 minutes and can get pretty intense when you reach overtime. Stay away from ranked mode unless you are sure of your skills because the community is unforgiving sometimes.

#1370 October 13 2015

ragdoll

StannisTheMannis wrote:

Playing a lot of Rocket League on steam. The best thing about it is that each match is only 5 minutes and can get pretty intense when you reach overtime. Stay away from ranked mode unless you are sure of your skills because the community is unforgiving sometimes.

That's mostly why I stick to 1 on 1 when I don't feel like hearing about what my teammates did to my mother.

#1371 October 13 2015

NAM

ragdoll wrote:
StannisTheMannis wrote:

That's mostly why I stick to 1 on 1 when I don't feel like hearing about what my teammates did to my mother.

lol .. i'm playing CSGO unranked for the same reason .. also planning to jump into the witcher 3 with all DLCs

#1372 October 22 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I hope you will see the nearly erotic show Quiet will do in some part of the game...she was fantastic.
I am on the last missions now and planning to replay Metal Gear Solid 2 PS2 emulated with 4k DSR as the story of MGS 2 is the continuation of Phantom Pain (10 years later)

#1373 October 23 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Finished MGS Phantom Pain, I was crying in the end because...you will understand :(

#1374 October 23 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

Finished MGS Phantom Pain, I was crying in the end because...you will understand :(

Lemme' guess, Quiet died.

#1375 October 23 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Die_Kapitan wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Lemme' guess, Quiet died.

Nope!
In reality you have to finish a certain side mission and you will see near the end (mission 44 or something)

Board footer