LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#726 August 12 2015

Raficoo

Re: Feedback for IDM

NAM wrote:

Has anyone felt a speed restriction on youtube on IDM ? i have the 4MBps  plan and i used to  watch 1080 videos without buffering (on chrome, windows 8.1) three to four days ago i am noticing that videos are by default going 360 and require buffering sometimes :S (chrome, win 10)  needless to say the higher resolutions have to buffer longer.
Anyone having this problem?

There's this neat little trick on YouTube that let's you check how much bandwidth you're downloading from YouTube while watching a video, just right click on the video and click "Stats for nerds" and right above "Dropped frames" you'll see the current connection speed you're getting on the video, check how much is being used vs your normal full download speed on something other application or download

here's what it should look like (well, transparent now with the new YT design):
image.png

#727 August 12 2015

bogdan22

Raficoo wrote:
NAM wrote:

Has anyone felt a speed restriction on youtube on IDM ? i have the 4MBps  plan and i used to  watch 1080 videos without buffering (on chrome, windows 8.1) three to four days ago i am noticing that videos are by default going 360 and require buffering sometimes :S (chrome, win 10)  needless to say the higher resolutions have to buffer longer.
Anyone having this problem?

There's this neat little trick on YouTube that let's you check how much bandwidth you're downloading from YouTube while watching a video, just right click on the video and click "Stats for nerds" and right above "Dropped frames" you'll see the current connection speed you're getting on the video, check how much is being used vs your normal full download speed on something other application or download

here's what it should look like (well, transparent now with the new YT design):
http://s30.postimg.org/wp1g2v201/image.png

How did you keep the old youtube player?

#728 August 13 2015

NAM

apparently my speed does get to the 3207 Kbps mark (about the same as i usually get) .. but it takes up to 5 mins to get there :S so maybe they are not restricting my speed, just not fully opening the gauge .. drop by drop till full throttle :S

#729 August 13 2015

Raficoo

bogdan22 wrote:

How did you keep the old youtube player?

I didn't, this is just a screenshot I took just a few days before they switched the design

#730 September 7 2015

partam

Back to modem ages on IDM at Jdeideh central.
It's been a week and support is saying it's an ogero problem can do nothing and can last for weeks !!!

I am getting 3KB/s it's great

#731 September 16 2015

anthonyf96

why do i get extremely slow download speed when downloading patches from game servers? ( League of Legends patches at 15 kB/s)
any other download is fine ( 255kB/s) and i ve asked many people and they dont experience my problem. Any solution wld be appreciated.
Could it be idm throttling?

#732 September 16 2015

NAM

try using a vpn .. if it worked then yes they are throttling (i think every ISP does that during rush hours as part of the FUP except for Ogero)

#733 September 19 2015

StannisTheMannis

I received my username and password ,and was able to successfully configure the router and get it to work. However, the username (@idm.net.lb) and password are not working on the account management section of idm site. Is there a seperate account for the idm site or something is wrong?

#734 September 19 2015

NAM

StannisTheMannis wrote:

I received my username and password ,and was able to successfully configure the router and get it to work. However, the username (@idm.net.lb) and password are not working on the account management section of idm site. Is there a seperate account for the idm site or something is wrong?

make sure that your Login is your username without @idm.com.lb if this persists it is maybe from their part (specially if you are a new user) .. call support they are available 24/7

Last edited by NAM (September 19 2015)

#735 September 19 2015

StannisTheMannis

NAM wrote:

make sure that your Login is your username without @idm.com.lb if this persists it is maybe from their part (specially if you are a new user) .. call support they are available 24/7

It didn't work without the @idm.net.lb ,so I'll give them a call. Thank you

#736 September 21 2015

khatib1

Does anyone know if IDM changed their policy about recharging a 30 day card in middle of a month cycle?

I am trying to recharge 2MB/s-40GB card in middle of previous card's 30 day cycle because I consumed all quota. I am still getting "Quota Reached ! Add extra traffic to reactivate your account". I would assume they want me to buy the 3.3$-2GB extra traffic card. 2 months ago and before I always charged multiple 2MB/s-40GB cards per month and it would work normally. This is the first time it didn't work. I hope it is only a bug because
3.3$/2GB = 1.65$/GB
17.6$/40GB = 0.44$/GB

It is VERY expensive to use the extra traffic card even more expensive than Ogero's 2000LL/GB(1.34$/GB or might be 1.47$/GB with tax). If this is the new policy, there is no benefit in using IDM anymore.
- Unlimited night traffic not free
- 40GB same price as ogero (17.6$)
- Extra traffic beyond monthly quota costs more
- Internet less stable (used ogero before and it is way more stable)

Edit: Apparently this is the case. I didn't read the previous page in this thread because I was so pissed off.

Last edited by khatib1 (September 21 2015)

#737 September 21 2015

Anthony2000

Guys, what ping are you getting to europe? around ~France/UK/Germany ? mine is about 150-200 ms , not very good imo. and the download speed is just horrible at 30-50 kb/s most of the day and 150-170 kb/s at odd hours like 5-6 am. I'm subscribed to the 2mb/s 40gb plan, not happy at all. i will call them tmrw to change my plan to 2mb/s unlimited, but last time i asked them about that plan they tried to persuade me not to and told me that "there's a lot of pressure on that plan , don't take it, with data cap it's better..." idk what that was about... i really just want 100ms to europe, 200kb/s (although i'm paying for 250), and a quota bigger than 40 gb or preferably unlimited. i mean seriously? biggest data cap for 2mb/s speed is 40gb? wtf. can IDM give me what i need or switch to ogero like everybody is doing?

#738 September 22 2015

NAM

Ogero is playing dirty with every ISP .. Ogero will throttle other users in favor for it's own .. so you can see a very big gap between peak and off-peak hours. Unfortunately for the best speed and ping you have to get Ogero

#739 September 22 2015

gamer4life

khatib1 wrote:

Does anyone know if IDM changed their policy about recharging a 30 day card in middle of a month cycle?

Yup they changed it and you're obligated for those extra expensive bandwidth.

And for the IDM service, guys, overall it's been disastrous, I screwed my self because I bought digital fifa 16 on ps4 and now I'm stuck downloading 19GBs for a 40KB/sec speed internet all day, and between 4am and 8 am it's 250KB/sec(I have 4M). I've been keeping the game downloding for a complete day and a half and only 7GBs are done, I used to download GTA V CoD Fifa 15... All where digital copies and I never experienced that kind of slowness. I called IDM yesterday and they checked my line attenuation, my bandwidth and everything and eventually they said my central is crowded with users and they can't do anything. It's really frustrating and I can't do anything, the ogero 2M unlimited is expensive for me and I really need unlimited and I can't risk changing to like cyberia terranet... And end up with the same condition or worse. If someone has an advice please share, I'm really screwed up and have nothing to do.

Note: For people who are confused to which isp to subscribe. DON'T EVER THINK OF SUBSCRIBING WITH IDM!!

#740 September 24 2015

anthonyf96

gamer4life wrote:
khatib1 wrote:

Yup they changed it and you're obligated for those extra expensive bandwidth.

And for the IDM service, guys, overall it's been disastrous, I screwed my self because I bought digital fifa 16 on ps4 and now I'm stuck downloading 19GBs for a 40KB/sec speed internet all day, and between 4am and 8 am it's 250KB/sec(I have 4M). I've been keeping the game downloding for a complete day and a half and only 7GBs are done, I used to download GTA V CoD Fifa 15... All where digital copies and I never experienced that kind of slowness. I called IDM yesterday and they checked my line attenuation, my bandwidth and everything and eventually they said my central is crowded with users and they can't do anything. It's really frustrating and I can't do anything, the ogero 2M unlimited is expensive for me and I really need unlimited and I can't risk changing to like cyberia terranet... And end up with the same condition or worse. If someone has an advice please share, I'm really screwed up and have nothing to do.

Note: For people who are confused to which isp to subscribe. DON'T EVER THINK OF SUBSCRIBING WITH IDM!!

well i think that IDM is throttling everything related to game servers. Whenever i m browsing or downloading anything not related to gaming, i get 240-250 kB/s. However when i run online games patches such as SMITE, LOL.... I dont get past 40kB/s. And yes, I ve asked friends downloading the same content from ogero and they experience no problems.

#741 September 24 2015

anthonyf96

yup, I can confirm that IDM is throttling our connections since using a VPN did "fix" my problem.

#742 September 24 2015

Anthony2000

anthonyf96 wrote:

yup, I can confirm that IDM is throttling our connections since using a VPN did "fix" my problem.

what VPN are you using?

Last edited by Anthony2000 (September 24 2015)

#743 September 24 2015

anthonyf96

Anthony2000 wrote:
anthonyf96 wrote:

what VPN are you using?

Any vpn would work, i think. I ve tryed ExpressVPN and Hotspot shield Elite

#744 October 2 2015

Super Official

I am having a horrible experience with IDM for the past weeks. Basically I was having some slowdowns during night hours, during the morning I get a super steady 2mbps. So I called them and told me to check my line values, so I took my modem out of bridge mode to check the values, ok. The he told me to try a different phone wall plug, so I had to move my modem across my house and get a bigger ethernet cable to do so, thank god i have a central ups so I didn'y have to worry about it. I sent him my new results and they're the same, so he told me I can move my modem back but I should leave it out of bridge mode so I am stuck with shitty wifi. He told me to keep my modem turned on for 24 hours so that they can do some monitoring "bedna nre2eblak 5atak nchouf eza l mechkle men 5atak aw mante2t5ak". Anyway, skip a day or so and I emailed them to check on the "monitoring", they told it will take longer than expected. I said ok. 4 days passed and I notice that my connection is unusually slow even in the morning, so I emailed them and they told me they are still monitoring my line and that it is their highest priority. I shook my head and said "OK". Fast forward to today and I decided to reboot my modem, and when I turned it back on I was greeted to see that they capped my bandwidth to 1mbps without consulting me. I immediately emailed them and told them I was no fool and I noticed that they are throttling me. They replied saying that my line was bad and that they capped my bandwidth to 1mbps for my own good. I wish it was 1 mbps, I am getting 0.6. I got outraged and sent them a heavily worded email because their call center wasn't working.

And  the worst part is that I had the 2mbps package, limited, for 2 years and never had a single probleml, 2 years. And now suddenly I was told that my line is no good? WTF!!!!! I moved to a new building in  zouk mikael and got a new adsl2+ line installed specially for me which is even G.992.3 Annex L. So I shouldn't have any problems.

TL.DR: Had a minor problem, turned into a major problem. Stay away from these assholes.

#745 October 2 2015

Sup3r

IDM is shit. Fortunately I'm not using the internet heavily these days. Just light browsing. However on games like "clash of clans" I noticed the connection has been lagging a lot for the past two weeks.

Last edited by Sup3r (October 2 2015)

#746 October 2 2015

NAM

I have IDM and no problem on my 4mbps plan :S i always feel like the asshole lucky winner when i talk about this here .. i am only having problems with their ping 110-135 ms but once in two hours the ping jumps for 3 seconds to 800 and bounces back to normal .. and that drives me crazy during CSGO and prevents me from playing official .. i can't stress how less raged i would feel if they finish the fiber network already.

#747 October 9 2015

StannisTheMannis

Anyone tried asking IDM support if they can turn off interleaving?

#748 October 9 2015

NAM

StannisTheMannis wrote:

I will ask tomorrow (saturday)

#749 October 9 2015

StannisTheMannis

NAM wrote:
StannisTheMannis wrote:

I will ask tomorrow (saturday)

ok thanks alot

#750 October 11 2015

NAM

StannisTheMannis wrote:

Sorry for the late reply .. i called them today and asked them about interleaving .. the guy thinks that the word means that they simply give you a real IP and IDM is willing to do so if you have a "serious" problem with your line (I guess it is not easy) but first they will send you an email to do a 15 steps program "they called it something-station i couldn't understand him well" if with this program you still are having problems then they will try the real IP solution.

Board footer