LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 10 2006

mir

Top 11 Geeky Reasons to Upgrade to Windows Vista

Top 11 Geeky Reasons to Upgrade to Windows Vista

11. Starting to get bored of Windows 98.

10. Because "Vista" makes more sense than "XP." What the heck was "XP" supposed to mean, anyway?

9. Want to be first on the block to experience security holes.

8. Because keeping an American as the richest person in the world should be everyone's priority.

7. They have to get it right eventually, right?

6. Because the new drivers for your video card will only be made for Vista.

5. Need a way to use up some more space on your RAID array.

4. Because a wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

3. Because Steve Ballmer tore off the leg of my cubicle mate and bludgeoned me with it until I said I would.

2. Bill Gates will send you ten dollars for every computer you upgrade to Vista. Send this message to ten of your friends!!!!

lool
No 1 position = Null
hehe yalla guys.. submit some of the top 11 geeky reasons to upgrade to Vista

#2 September 10 2006

samer
Admin

Re: Top 11 Geeky Reasons to Upgrade to Windows Vista

ROFL at number 2, some people actually believe these hoaxes :)

#3 September 11 2006

mezin

1. Because no matter how much you joke and mock it ... you will end up using windows vista like everyone else

#4 December 2 2006

karim

:/ say that to my laptop...

the only times i ever need to use windows is when i'm syncing with my ipod..
there are a bunch good options in linux, but i can't seem to let off itunes..

#5 December 3 2006

samer
Admin

@karim: check Amarok out :)

i'm searching for a good alternative to MyPhoneExplorer to manage my K750i.

#6 December 3 2006

rolf

Because it costs 1500 L.L. ...

#7 December 3 2006

karim

@SAMER
i tired amarok, gtkpod, syncpod, anapod, rythmbox and a bunch of other apps, nothing really convinced me.. i have a bunch of songs/albums i bought from the itunes store, which are protected, and i use dynamic playlists extensively...

I use multisync to sync my K800i's calendar with evolution (for notes, contacts and calendar) using bluetooth. Works very good. Plus, using the USB cable is enough to import pictures taken with the phone.
What other functionality do you need?

#8 December 5 2006

samer
Admin

I need to access the internal memory to retrieve pictures and sounds from there. Anyway, that'll be resolved once i get a good memory card (1GB+) ; another problem is SMS archiving, I regularly archives my text messages to the computer, I can't find a good way to do it in Ubuntu.

#9 December 6 2006

karim

There is a way to increase the SMS storage of the k750 to as much as it can physically take... i remember this being the most annoying thing about this phone.

For the pictures, i just used a usb media card reader.. :)

The k800 is even better, it has a usb mass storage device mode, so you can access it in any computer that supports USB thumb drives...

#10 December 8 2006

samer
Admin

There is a way to increase the SMS storage of the k750 to as much as it can physically take... i remember this being the most annoying thing about this phone.

Yes, there is. But you have to mess up with the firmware and risk to brick your phone. Plus, the warranty will be voided :-/

#11 December 9 2006

karim

Well you are right about the warranty. I justed waited a while for my warranty to run out before toying around with it. I also had the W800 FW for a while..
The odds of you turning your phone into a paperweight are very small (Basically as much as updating your FW using SEUS).
I modified the firmware on my K800i to change the language settings. I got the phone from china at a very good price, the available languages were chinese and english, but the names of the games and programs were still in chinese.
I flashed the phone with Middle East/North Africa FW and now my phone supports English, French and Arabic (although my keypad doesn't, but i don't care). I use T9 a lot, and having english and french T9 support was rather important for me since i send most of my emails from my phone.

Basically: I love my Sony Ericsson :)

Board footer