LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 31 2006

mir

Sorry ! topic deleted

sorry guys.. i deleted the topic for security reasons

or maybe someone else(=another nickname ).. by miracle.. finds the same solution and post it

Padre check ur mail

and mahdoum.. if u are still intrested tell
or maybe we can open a topic discussin hand geometry.. door controls...or any biometric device

as for the ones who didn't read the topic.. i am sorry.. u must check this forum more often

#2 October 31 2006

mahdoum

Re: Sorry ! topic deleted

mir wrote:

as for the ones who didn't read the topic.. i am sorry.. u must check this forum more often

lol made me laugh

Anyway what exactly where u talking about? I'm interested in automated home systems but know nothing about them and the kind of systems (mechanical and software based) that make this possible...

#3 October 31 2006

samer
Admin

mir, i'm interested can you please e-mail me ?

#4 October 31 2006

mir

lol made me laugh

well.. what else can i say
good to know that i am entertaining you :@

well let me tell you exactly what i am talking about (god help me, i have to write a paragraph in correct english syntax)

There are some Biometric machine used to control the employee attendance , or to give access to certain doors
it is like cards.. but instead of passing cards on a locked door.. u put ur hand or finger
because humans tend to cheat..they can exchange cards for example.. or cards can be stolen

So , in the Marketing flyers for those machine.. you can read about the great feature.. a human is his own password..there are no buddy punching.. better security we heik stuff

Recognition Systems is a company that makes such machines that can be used for employee attendance and door control

what i was talking about was a workaround around those ..

hope u got a better idea

#5 October 31 2006

mahdoum

ah interesting... and is this workaround software or mechnical? ya3ni do you like tap into it somehow or do you do what they did on mythbusters?

#6 October 31 2006

mir

well.. i hope i can do the mechanical solution

i never worked with explosives
if you got any.. yalla let's go test it on some doors tonight.. can i be the one to press the button..plz plz

well i prefer  the quiet geeky solution so far,it is another form of lock picking
but the other solution is intresting and more appealing to me :)

#7 October 31 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Mir "what i was talking about was a workaround around those .. ""

Okay Mir , I will entertatin the idea for U:

How does that scan machine  know if the Hand or the finger is Real? U can Photocopy UR Freind Hand or Finger prints and Try it , that might work.... :) .

Is the machine Human intelligent ? definitly Not, so the Challenge for the machine is to know if the hand or the finger is real.

Does this Machine sense Body Heat of a finger or a hand? if not great try photocopied finger and hand and let me know how that worked.

My Id here at work has a chip in it that allow me certain access, I do not even have to use my hand or anything else just pass by the door and it will either let me in or NOT.

and finally possible solution to beat the machine is simply  : borrowing UR friends hand  or Fingers.   

I hope that help  :)

Chips IMR

#8 November 1 2006

teodorgeorgiev

There is nothing so complex in this technology. The fingerprint is unique. When you put your finger over the "screen" it just scans a picture of it with the scanner and compares it with an already scanned image in the database. How to compare to graphic images for comparison?
There are at least two algorithms. Convert the image into a dotted two-dimension map and put them into an array.
Then compare the two arrays.

How do they detect that you are not putting a piece of paper with the scanned copy of someone's fingerprint? Or even - cutting the finger of someone and bringing it with you to put it on the screen?

Well, learn how the infrared sensors work. Human body (and the body of every living creature) emits heat (when alive, of course). This heat is between 32 - 38 degrees in Celsius (depends for which part of the body). There is a heating sensor on the screen. If it does not detect the needed temperature, it will not work.
If you cut the finger of someone - there won't be any blood circulating in it and no heating.

Another thing is that every part of our body contains some "fat". On your fingerprint there is definitely fat. Put your finger on the monitor screen in front of you. Ok, you see now your fat.

Simply.

Last edited by teodorgeorgiev (November 1 2006)

#9 November 1 2006

mir

Well.. guys there is a workaround...but i deleted it for security reasons.. glad to hear ur workarounds too :)

first  LebaneseChiphead :

I Immagine myself making models of hands for my friends from some type of material and coming to work carrying all those hands
then start punching for them
first it is too scary.. second.. it is not comfortable to carry stuff like plastic hand around to be used
the hand punch takes the geometric form of the hand..
those ways would definetily work on the HandPunch

well..and ur posts is an example of the main difference between the hardware ppl and the software ppl lool
this time software ppl win (sorry couldn't help bringing back that old subject..you know i am joking)
you Hardware guys.. think big and only hardware..ur solutions cause trouble more than benefits
We, the Software ppl have much better solutions...
Yalla.. are you crossing to the software side ?

well.. i thought of software..I did and implemented my idea.. and it is working really fine
instead of doing all this
all i have to do is connect to the machine and change the templates of the hands
or make the accepted difference  between the punches too high
also.. the above solution u said doesn't provide solution for time.. u still have to come here early
i can simply set the time of the machine..
the ideal case would be to show up one day.. set date.. punch in.. set date.. punch out...
you can even do that for a whole week and go home

so as i said. if someone is facing trouble with HandPunch system from recognition systems... someone is willing to help

#10 November 1 2006

mahdoum

but how would you get access to that information mir? I mean you can give code to someone but they need access to the database,

#11 November 1 2006

mir

but how would you get access to that information mir? I mean you can give code to someone but they need access to the database,

the templates of the hands are stored in the machine... so no problem with that
however..very few ppl (1%) i think companies with huge number of ppl and a smart IT manager would actually store the Punches on a secured computer and use the machine to compare.. like that they can save money instead of buy high capacity or large number of machines,but this is quite tricky to implement ..in that case.. u can still trick the date time.. and you may not be able to change the punches
but when the machine compares the current punch template and the saved one
it returns a score
if the score or difference is in acceptable range..it doesn't give error
this accetable range is stored on the machine itself
so you can set it to be a high value and go punch
that would make u pass ;)

#12 November 7 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Mir,
That is weird, normally when U compare,  U R comparing a true or Flase statement , The answerr can be either wrong with a value of "0" , or Correct with the value of "1",  but if U r checking for a range and UR compared results are within that range then compare  is true there is  additional steps for U  since U have to define the Minimum and the maxium value of that Range and also amy have to define How many Elments Ur range have, see just compare the value and if it is true No error.. why all that  softawre coding :)
Chips IMR

#13 November 7 2006

mir

Post.UpperCase (i);
lool I noticed all the Us lool..Thanks for posting

anyway, let me explain the range issue
when a person Punches, it almost impossible that he puts this hand in the same geometric position that he used when registering
So there will be small differences in the bones positions w heik stuff
so there should be a difference..instead of Datediff.. immagine a punchdiff that returns a score(number)
if that difference is in acceptable range then the punch will be assumed to be correct
the so called range has min value of 0 of course and max value that we can set
an option that you can do to override the system
is to connect to the machine, and softwarewise  set the max value of the range to a huge number
like that no matter what was the difference..you will pass
see? machines are stupid..software makes the machines smart

i donno if i got my point explained ...

if that doesn't explain..well this does :
i love software coding ... it scares ppl when they see all those symbols and functions
it makes the code harder to understand ...it helps me get a better salary and they can't kick me out unless i decide to
they can't read it anyway
So it is always good to practice complexity !

#14 November 8 2006

rolf

Yeh... I didnt post on this topic?
Well... now I did

#15 November 8 2006

mahdoum

lol shu fadi!

Board footer