LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 10 2013

eurybaric

ArmA III - Game thread

Hey guys!

ArmA III is on the way. The Alpha is already here and is insanely beautiful and realistic. I also noticed the series has at least a few fans on this forum, thus I decided to create a thread for it.

Questions? Ideas? New to Arma? Need advice? Post here!

Also, if there's enough interest, I was thinking that we could create a clan too!

Cheers!

#2 June 10 2013

az09za90za

Re: ArmA III - Game thread

The game is really addictive , but requires high-end pc's, im playing it in offline mode on my brother pc because mine is rubbish
also if i failed my exams this year , ill kill eurybaric  (kidding , thank you for the invite )

#3 June 10 2013

eurybaric

We'll see about you killing me... ... ... IN GAME!

So, thing is guys, ArmA 3 is Steam exclusive. As an alpha, it now costs 33$ (you'd be purchasing the full game though and all the subsequent updates). In a week it's gonna hit beta, and there's gonna be a price increase. So you better buy it now.

About the download from Steam, a user was apparently successful in buying a pirated copy (2000LL), buying it on steam, and somehow using the files from the pirated CD so that he only had to download 20% or so. I'll see about getting more info on that.

Yes, it requires a decent rig, but nothing really over the top to get you playing at least. Now if you wanna go Ultra... hehe :) In any case the graphics are insane, and it is much more optimized than ArmA 2, that's for sure.

I just ended a 3 hour multiplayer session, with voice chat. That shit was intense! seriously! And If enough people show interest, we can stage private games and that would really kick ass!

and disclaimer: I'm not responsible if your life goes to hell because of how awesome this game is

#4 November 25 2013

eurybaric

hey guys!

Necrobumping this thread (sorry ^^ ) to see if any here is into it . I've spent already almost 200 hours on that hah. anyhoo, if any is playin, it'd be quite cool to join up/ band up for some multiplay and maybe play our own missions too (most of those 200 hours were spent in the insanely powerful editor  ).

Cheers!

P.S.: I'm currently into making a map of a small part of lebanon. not there yet, but on the way ;D

#5 November 26 2013

Liox5

It seems there are few people who admire such a realistic war game.  too bad they are preferring battlefield over it.
Any way playing online is out of question bcz of the shitty connection.  i ve played oven lan with few friends and it was fun.

#6 November 26 2013

Bucephalus

hello , where can i get it full ? is there any place where i can buy the game ?

#7 January 13 2014

NuclearVision

Operation flashpoint was one of the best shooter games, ever.

#8 January 13 2014

Jerome

NuclearVision wrote:

Operation flashpoint was one of the best shooter games, ever.

Agreed. Red orchestra is awesome aswell

#9 December 12 2014

Ramnesia

I bought Arma 3 on steam and enjoying the multiplayer. Who is playing it, add me on steam "ram jong un"

#10 June 12 2015

hassansaleh31

i just installed arma III but the game won't launch i tried everything (reinstalled the game and directx tried some fixes on multiple threads found by searching google)
i click on the game shortcut ---> the circle beside the mouse start spinning then disappear ---> nothing happens next.
does anyone have a fix for this?

#11 June 12 2015

hassansaleh31

problem solved it was caused by windows defender

#12 June 13 2015

Ramnesia

Are you playing online? Enjoying it?

#13 June 13 2015

hassansaleh31

no iam not playing online i bought the cracked version to try the game if i buy it i will post here

Board footer