LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1026 April 1 2015

random-username

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DNA wrote:
random-username wrote:
NAM wrote:

the maximum upload I've seen in lebanon is 1mb .. i don't think the differnece of 512/1mb matters anymore

I'm subscribed to terranet's 8 Mbps plan and I receive 2 Mbps upload. All ISP's in Lebanon follow the same rule; the upload speed is 25% of the download speed.

ADSL isn't capable of more than 1Mbps upstream, unless you enable annex M on ADSL2+ which moves the numeber to 3Mbps but i dunno if it is supported.

but in general the max upload speed is 1Mbps in Lebanon, which is really shameful.

I think you're right. My upload speed fluctuates between 1 and 2 Mbps. I took a speed test last week and the upload speed was 1.67Mbps, I retook the test  right now and here are the results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4256614004

I contacted terranet a couple of months ago regarding this issue and they offered sending a technician over to check the wiring. I declined because I was busy at the time, do you think I should give them a call or is it just a waste of time?

#1027 April 1 2015

TPR0

DNA wrote:

@TPR0 i am afraid that broadcom chipset might be defected, the upload is wayy too lower than it should be the BCM6338 have this issue where for no reason the upstream will get damaged and you get terrible upload performance, this is how my 2640u went to the garbage, it might be something else but looking at the stats the 6338 problem has got you, ogero will not give you more than 1mpbs with this upload figure Try another router, cause i might be wrong

No, they still did not activate the service, their side. Tried it 2 weeks ago in ksa, great SNR margin, 21768 kbit download, 716 kbit upload ;)

Guess I have to wait another month to prove it to ogero.

Last edited by TPR0 (April 1 2015)

#1028 April 1 2015

DNA

TPR0 wrote:
DNA wrote:

@TPR0 i am afraid that broadcom chipset might be defected, the upload is wayy too lower than it should be the BCM6338 have this issue where for no reason the upstream will get damaged and you get terrible upload performance, this is how my 2640u went to the garbage, it might be something else but looking at the stats the 6338 problem has got you, ogero will not give you more than 1mpbs with this upload figure Try another router, cause i might be wrong

No, they still did not activate the service, their side. Tried it 2 weeks ago in ksa, great SNR margin, 21768 kbit download, 716 kbit upload ;)

lol man, what does ogero have to do with you having 300k "ATTAINABLE" upstream rate when it should be at 1.1Mbps, and 716kbit/s you got in ksa proves that its faulty, when your download rate is 4M and above the upload should be maxed out since it uses lower frequency channels its not logical to get 21Mbps download attainable rate while failing to max out the upload at 1M , whatever...

Last edited by DNA (April 1 2015)

#1029 April 2 2015

karimo

Kazouza wrote:
karimo wrote:

i got the 2 mb this month, just talk to them at the central

What central are you connected to?

sorry for late reply, iam connected to saida central.

#1030 April 2 2015

TPR0

DNA wrote:
TPR0 wrote:
DNA wrote:

lol man, what does ogero have to do with you having 300k "ATTAINABLE" upstream rate when it should be at 1.1Mbps, and 716kbit/s you got in ksa proves that its faulty, when your download rate is 4M and above the upload should be maxed out since it uses lower frequency channels its not logical to get 21Mbps download attainable rate while failing to max out the upload at 1M , whatever...

Is that April's fool troll, nice .

Else, you can't reach theoretical speeds on adsl2+, can you?

Borrowed a tg585 v7, didn't even connect, stuck on gmt.994 initialization.

716kbit/s is close to 1mbit/s no?, plus this is not the attainable upload rate, i just used speedtest.net if i remember correctly, sorry.

Correct me if i'm wrong, if i am, correct the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.992.5, e.g:  ADSL2+:     Provider:Amis     D:20000     U:768, yes thats real life speeds, so 716 is epic.
Local Upload up to 1 Mbit/s and download speed up to 24 Mbit/s, "up to" is worrying me

Extra: "Saudi Arabia
STC offers ADSL2+ service at maximum of 20 Mbit/s downstream data rate. The service is called Xband Jood and as of 2013 costs SAR 249 per month (approx USD $66/month ). The maximum attainable data rate however depends on the location and is usually less than stated maximum of 20 Mbit/s at most locations." - Wikipedia.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Last edited by TPR0 (April 2 2015)

#1031 April 3 2015

DNA

you are not getting the point, all i said was that the attainable rate on the screenshot should be higher thats all, u are free to believe or not. and yes you can sync at 1Mbps/s upload easily even on Gdmt.. if you read on in that wiki article you would see something like:
24M down 1Mbit/s up        annexA   in germany,usa,belgium etc...
24M down 3Mbit/s up        annexM  //

the real life example you provided is from croatia, it's just that they don't want to max your upload,no 716 on adsl isn't epic.
and btw the thomson stuck on initializing is either the April's fool joke, or someone configured it to not sync on ADSL2+, from your replies you clearly showed that you have no idea what are you talking about.. i was giving a suggestion for you to get the 2M from ogero
good luck anyways.

Line State:Showtime         
Modulation:G.DMT       
Annex Mode:ANNEX_A       
                              Downstream    Upstream     
SNR Margin:           7.0                 16.0    db
Line Attenuation:     58.5               31.5    db
Data Rate:              2048               512     kbps
Max Rate:               2432               992    kbps <----- look how weak my line is and yet i can max out the upload, even on Gdmt
CRC:                       436                 0

Last edited by DNA (April 3 2015)

#1032 April 3 2015

TPR0

:(){ :|: & };:

Last edited by TPR0 (April 8 2015)

#1033 April 7 2015

Doom

http://techcrunch.com/2015/04/03/beirut … l-allow-it

"Even former Telecommunications Minister Nicolas Sehnaoui (pictured above) estimates it would take only a year to organise fibre to the Home to every Lebanese citizen. If they could just connect up the IMEWE."

What are we waiting for?

#1034 April 7 2015

NuclearVision

This is a joke.
Some regions still have got no phone boxes.
They just put the responsibility of stopping something on each other.

#1035 April 7 2015

DNA

fiber to home will not happen in lebanon.. it is impossible and even if it did happen in couple decades from now it will be only in beirut or major cities. you need to have a solid across the country fiber backbone, before you start thing about making a ftth project lol

like you said, many areas still have no dsl, they should start improving the dsl network cause that's the closest we will ever be in having a good internet.

#1036 April 8 2015

user

Didn't they ocne say that at least the centrals were connected to fiber? I don't think we need fiber to home to exceed the current speeds, I think if at least the main connection points have fiber, and we still have coppers to home, we could have 10 mbps without too much hassle. I don't think all of europe and the US is made out of fiber, and yet you don't find anyone with a 1 mbps connection there anymore...

Then again I am not an expert.

Last edited by user (April 8 2015)

#1037 April 8 2015

Doom

I think our coppers to the home can achieve at least 100mbps,it's cat 5 right?

#1038 April 8 2015

user

I was reading about that, high speeds like that are possible if you are 100 meters from the central, but if we want to get down to earth, 10 mbps can be feasible. And if centrals are connected by fibers, I don't see why it cannot be unlimited.

#1039 April 8 2015

Doom

user wrote:

I was reading about that, high speeds like that are possible if you are 100 meters from the central, but if we want to get down to earth, 10 mbps can be feasible. And if centrals are connected by fibers, I don't see why it cannot be unlimited.

But some repeaters can achieve full speed.

#1040 April 8 2015

DNA

Actually most Europe and USA is still running on copper to the end user fiber to home is only available in major cities.  you don't need to be 100 meters from the central to get VDSL speeds, all they have to do is install remote DSLAMS in each region using the existing fiber backbone that connects the centrals, even if they don't upgrade to VDSL remote DSLAMS will guarantee up to 24Mbit/s a good percentage of people. that's how in Europe and US most people can have more than 20Mbit/s.

Last edited by DNA (April 8 2015)

#1041 April 15 2015

user

For people who submitted a request to be upgraded from 1 mbps to 2 mbps in ogero, how long did the process take? I've been waiting for one week now and I am getting a bit impatient, I should have had that speed a year ago already...

#1042 April 15 2015

Doom

user wrote:

For people who submitted a request to be upgraded from 1 mbps to 2 mbps in ogero, how long did the process take? I've been waiting for one week now and I am getting a bit impatient, I should have had that speed a year ago already...

Took 2 months for me or was it 3?wait till next month(when quota resets)then call them if you don't receive it.

#1043 April 16 2015

hkbazzi

is anyone lagging by any chance??

#1044 April 16 2015

NAM

hkbazzi wrote:

is anyone lagging by any chance??

I am lagging on CSgo for some reason i usually get about 110ms .. yesterday and today i am at 220ms "unplayable"

#1045 April 16 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

yesterday my ping was fluctuatuing from > 7pm sometimes it's good then it's not .i live in beirut , mazraa central, when there is heavy wind or there is rain the connection will fluctuate A LOT.

#1046 April 16 2015

hkbazzi

my ping is really bad right now!

#1047 April 19 2015

Doom

Anybody experiencing lots of packet losses?

#1048 April 19 2015

OdeToDeath

Yep , important packet loss with a lot of ISPs right now . my ping went from 70 to 1900 ( lol ? )

I"ll call to see the issue , and hopefully , get an answer .

#1049 April 20 2015

Kazouza

Does anyone know if there are any papers, etc.. needed to upgrade from 2M40G to 2M unlimited, or can it be simply done via phone call?
Also supposing I ask for the upgrade right now, would it be upgraded on the 1st of may or june? I guess this is directed to people who already tried upgrading..

#1050 April 20 2015

AVOlio

Guys, lately my internet is acting crazy.
Sometimes WiFi stops working on every device connected, no internet access, although my pc what is connected to the router via lan is connected to internet.
And now, i cant even play BF4.
Its saying " You were disconnected from EA Online. Please check your internet connection or try again later. (1) "
Also, currently we do not have our phone line, the employee said that they are having malfunctions, but i dont know, it was just a counter employee.

Anyone having similar issues ?

Board footer