LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 8 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Problem installing Max Payne 3 PC

So I bought the 3 DVD version of Max Payne 3 PC to play it with DSR 4K.
The 2 first DVDs installed good, but on with the 3rd disk I am getting error 7 and everything is stoped.
I checked the DVD files and the file named data5cab is only 2kb which is suspect no?

#2 March 8 2015

nosense

Re: Problem installing Max Payne 3 PC

vegetaleb wrote:

So I bought the 3 DVD version of Max Payne 3 PC to play it with DSR 4K.
The 2 first DVDs installed good, but on with the 3rd disk I am getting error 7 and everything is stoped.
I checked the DVD files and the file named data5cab is only 2kb which is suspect no?

yeah happens all the time with these DVD's , it's always one of the data.cab files that happens to be corrupted

#3 March 8 2015

NAM

check on torrent sites for a similar format and check the size and download only that missing or corrupted file .. it is bound to be on torrent

#4 March 8 2015

hassansaleh31

As NAM said search for a torrent for max pain game 3xdvd.
It happened to me a few years a go with the same game i downloaded the corrupted file put it in a folder and copied the rest of the rest of the files in the dvd to the folder then when i finished dvd 2 i selected the folder and everything went great

#5 March 8 2015

AVOlio

Or to go away from downloading anything, which is the reason why you went ahead and bought the DVD in the first place.
You can go and tell the seller that it did not work, and you will get another copy.

#6 March 8 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Could it be a Windows 8.1 compatibility?
I saw that all the complaints about this dll error problem while installing was with W 8.1 users only.
The problem is that I have BSOD with Windows 7 since I installed my SSD

#7 March 8 2015

hassansaleh31

Replacing the dvd from the won't help cause it's not a problem in the disk the problem is in the file that is written on all the disks from the same store. You can try finding another dvd for the game from another store or just download the corrupted file.

#8 March 8 2015

hassansaleh31

And it's not a compatibility issue cause the same thing happened to me with the same game on windows 7

#9 March 9 2015

Ramnesia

I have the original one on steam installed and working on win 8.1 if you want i can give it to you but you will need a crack.

Board footer