LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 12 2006

King Killer

IDM's download limit.

Well, before switching to VISP, I need to finish up my IDM account, it will be over in 2 weeks or so.

Until then, I want to know how to get passed that stupid limit! I tried a proxy, it did work in one way, IDM cant disconnect my connection while downloading anymore, and this time it takes a while before it is written in my account manegment page, but nonetheless, its recording teh bandwith, and I dont want my internet to suddenly stop just cuz I want to download a few things, right now, Im at 4.7GB, according to GDS, its limited at 5gb, anyway I can download without em knowing?

thnx in adnvance.

#2 September 12 2006

mahdoum

Re: IDM's download limit.

heh interesting I never knew there was a download limit, its 5GB a month right?

#3 September 12 2006

King Killer

Yea, and Im a heavy downloader, I have 4.7GB, and i have 0.3 to go, anyway I can continue to download without them knowing?

#4 September 12 2006

rolf

King Killer wrote:

Well, before switching to VISP, I need to finish up my IDM account, it will be over in 2 weeks or so.

Until then, I want to know how to get passed that stupid limit! I tried a proxy, it did work in one way, IDM cant disconnect my connection while downloading anymore, and this time it takes a while before it is written in my account manegment page, but nonetheless, its recording teh bandwith, and I dont want my internet to suddenly stop just cuz I want to download a few things, right now, Im at 4.7GB, according to GDS, its limited at 5gb, anyway I can download without em knowing?

thnx in adnvance.

what sort of idm account is it?

#5 September 12 2006

King Killer

256kb Broadband.

#6 September 12 2006

Padre

that depends on how they measure ur traffic. but i dont really see how u can download without them counting, unless u actually control the system.
or you can use TrafficCompressor to compress ur trafic, but that wont save much on downloads

#7 September 12 2006

rolf

King Killer wrote:

256kb Broadband.

OMG theres a limit on "broadband" now?
The internet in this country is really sinking.

Last edited by rolf (September 12 2006)

#8 September 12 2006

mahdoum

rolf wrote:
King Killer wrote:

256kb Broadband.

OMG theres a limit on "broadband" now?
The internet in this country is really sinking.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I was downloading a shit load but obviously not enought to go past this limit....

#9 September 12 2006

King Killer

Well thats what I was thinking too :*(
So no way to get around this huh?

#10 September 12 2006

nuclearcat

Issue in competition. It is not healthy. There is term, named ARPU, and some dumb ISP's dropping it to very low values. As result, with this ARPU(profit per user, to explain simply) very difficult to provide quality, new services and grow at all.
So ISP's making tricks on users, with limits, shapers, sessions to drop price... seems who is dropping price, was selling potatoes, and they think - key just in price.

Board footer