LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 5 2006

jayinferno

Spam on Hotmail

Hey All

I found out that when u select messages in Inbox and tell them tol send them to junk, it doesnt block the addresses. You need to manually block their addresses, or even domain, on the Block List

Does anyone know how to solve the Spam problem in Hotmail ? did anyone try to select the highest level of junk protection ?

Help

#2 August 5 2006

mahdoum

Re: Spam on Hotmail

u using windows mail live? its spam detection is much better. Other then that you just have to keep labeling as spam (and they learn from the spam) as spammers rarely use the same email twice.

#3 August 5 2006

samer
Admin

I can't help myself but say that switching to gmail was the best move I ever made. not only they have a lovely spam filter but the interface is delicious. (sounds like one of those cheesy testimonials, eh?)

#4 August 5 2006

mahdoum

oh definatly gmail all the way  my hotmail is my spam account for all those annoying sites that need an email lol

#5 August 6 2006

xcoder

that's why i hate hotmail :)
gmail has the best anti-spam system ever :)

#6 August 6 2006

mezin

yea same here except a couple of spam mails are actually making their way to my inbox

#7 August 6 2006

nuclearcat

I setup my own mailserver... for me it is most efficient way  spamassassin with custom rules...

#8 August 7 2006

jayinferno

nuclearcat... u just slapped us all hehe

#9 August 7 2006

jayinferno

mahdoum ? should i switch to Windows Mail Live ? is the spam much better ? And is is in general better than hotmail ? Cuz i didnt shift yet

#10 August 8 2006

mahdoum

jay if you can find yourself an invitation and shift it is better, the number of spam in my inbox decreased a lot and the number of spam in my junk folder also decreased a lot.

#11 August 8 2006

jayinferno

mahdoum: i can click on the link and it transfer. But do u have special settings in the junk i have to apply ? (Like in hotmail u have enhanced or exclusive) ?
Oh and i heard that Windows Live is slow in loading, even slower than Hotmail (i dunno if u see the difference with ur high speed connection) but is it true ? (See hehehe, although i am a consultant in Change Management, but when it comes to my own stuff i am still a bit resistant to change hehehehe)

Board footer