LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 26 2014

Truepeace

Illegal Cars lebanon app

Hi guys,

this is not the first app of this kind, Cars Lebanon or Plate Number Lebanon (package name) by LouseSoft is available in the google play store.
I've reported it on the store and on sakkera.com (I don't know if they can do something about it).

Don't the devs get tired of creating the same illegal app over and over?

By the way, the app detects the Freedom app to prevent free in-app purchases for extra credits and for the removal of you info (for 10$)
but I easily found a workaround to make a purchase (and I'm not a dev lol)

#2 August 26 2014

NuclearVision

Re: Illegal Cars lebanon app

Personally I don't give a shit about it, believe me there are stuff more serious than this... You shouldn't worry about closing or reporting it, people have alternatives. ANd as you mentioned if closed, another one will appear.

#3 August 26 2014

chosen2k

How old is the database?

#4 August 26 2014

Truepeace

@NuclearVision people have alternatives but that doesn't mean we don't have to stop those privacy intrusive apps made available for any casual user through the play store and the creators of the app should be "punished"

@chosen2k I don't know, a user in the comments said it wasn't the newest, how can I know...

#5 August 26 2014

NuclearVision

We already got through the "punish them" phase, I mean it's too late, with our current outdated cyber laws.
I suggest you start the " I don't give a shit" phase.

#6 August 26 2014

xAzarian

Pretty sure all of these devs are using that leaked 2009 db. Really worthless in my opinion.

#7 August 27 2014

rolf

What a ripoff, $10 to remove your personal data when it's just a copy. Then someone will release it again in a couple of years and your personal data will be there again.

Last edited by rolf (August 27 2014)

Board footer