LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 5 2006

Flamie

Probably the best shared server host ever!

www.servage.net
1110 GB of bandwidth per MONTH
75gb of storage
7.50$ a month.

I use them for my game (which is very bandwidth consuming, 1gb/month/user) and they have been very reliable so far.

And I'll let you in on a little secret, when you sign up if you put in the code "dk3c" without the quotes, you'll pay 5.95$ a month instead of 7.50$. and if you pay for 12 months (71$) you get 2 months free. So pretty much 71$ for 14 months, and you get a shitload of storage and bandwidth =)
This isnt my hosting or anything, I'm not advertising something for my own profit, I just think its a good deal and thought i'd let you guys know.

#2 July 5 2006

rolf

Re: Probably the best shared server host ever!

Thanks!
Almost too good to be true. (I am wondering if they are reliable)
And do you get shell access?

#3 July 5 2006

darkstar

rolf wrote:

Thanks!
Almost too good to be true. (I am wondering if they are reliable)

Yeah I agree it does seem weird somehow. If they are reliable i might think of going for it.

#4 July 5 2006

Flamie

They're very reliable, a good way to know when a hosting service is good (because 95% of them are a scam in some way) is to go to www.webhostingtalk.com and search the forums for the company you're thinking of. And read the reviews on them.
The only catch about servage, is that its 37gb per day (which total up to 1110 gb over 30 days) if you exeed 37gb your site will be shut down for the remaining of the day (but lets face it, its almost impossible nowadays to exeed 37gb of bandwidth a day).
As for Shell access, no you dont get it. Its a shared server, so theres more than 1 site on each machine (vs dedicated server) therefor they cant really give out shell access, but you still have access to all the apache comands, which can do almost everything you'd need to do :)

Board footer