LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 7 2014

Ramii

Upload a picture through PHP/MySQL

Hello

i am working on a small application, the user must insert some date and upload a photo. i am new on php and web applications. So how can i do it ?

-The user will fill some text field and choose the destination of the JPEG photo and then click on submit.

Thank you guys.

#2 August 7 2014

Cpt.Majed

Re: Upload a picture through PHP/MySQL

When it comes to images, you can store them in the database as a BLOB type(putting the actual image in the database) or store them in a folder and put the path in the database.

This is one of the best tutorials out there because it's simple and clean :
Step by step tutorial

This one is for BLOB uploads
Photo Upload using BLOB

If you need any help let me know :)

#3 August 7 2014

Ramii

Cpt.Majed wrote:

When it comes to images, you can store them in the database as a BLOB type(putting the actual image in the database) or store them in a folder and put the path in the database.

This is one of the best tutorials out there because it's simple and clean :
Step by step tutorial

This one is for BLOB uploads
Photo Upload using BLOB

If you need any help let me know :)

thank you bro :)

#4 August 7 2014

rtp

Do not store the image in the database instead, upload the image to the server directory and save the image name inside the database.
So the table will contain a varchar(MAX) and in it you will save the name of the image "avatar_1.jpg".

http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_file_upload.asp

#5 August 7 2014

Joe

There are better choices than storing the files to disk on the server. A far more flexible option is to use an object store, like Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files. It provides a more flexible and a LOT more reliable way than just assuming that your server's disk won't ever crash.

#6 August 7 2014

rtp

rahmu wrote:

There are better choices than storing the files to disk on the server. A far more flexible option is to use an object store, like Amazon S3 or Rackspace Cloud Files. It provides a more flexible and a LOT more reliable way than just assuming that your server's disk won't ever crash.

Thanks for the share :)

#7 August 8 2014

Ramii

thank you guys :) !!

Board footer