LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 26 2006

battikh

VB problem

I have a problem in visual basic, i begg you help me...
Here is what is hapenning: I started writting a program in visual basic using the editor integrated to microsoft office (in word) as i could'nt find my visual basic cd. Then i bought a new cd to be bale to compile the code. I open the file, i added some stuff (now in the visual basic editor, not the office one). When i click on the play button to test it, all goes somoothly. But when i compile it and open the exe file, when i do some actions (like clicking on a buton that make a picture change) the program crashes. Anyone knows to what it can be due as it is not a coding error?

Thank you

#2 June 26 2006

battikh

Re: VB problem

or if you know a way to compile or run directly the visual basic thing directly from word without having to export it to th estand alone vb. thx

#3 June 26 2006

rolf

You mean the program works when you click test but no when you compile it??

#4 June 26 2006

battikh

exactly.
when i run the compiled version, it runs, almost everything works, there is just one thing that makes it crash. when i click on a button, it is supposed to change a picture, it makes it crash. but somewhere else in the program (another buttin and another picture) it works...

#5 June 26 2006

Padre

Post ur code bro so we could test it and see what's happening

#6 June 26 2006

battikh

i can't, it's kind of big, around 6MB and it's not a coding problem because the feature that make it crash works in other parts of the program.

#7 June 27 2006

mir

weird that 2  buttons byi3mlo the same thing, one works in a form not in another..

any error message / error number ?

are you sure there is nothing wrong in ur button code?
double-check

remove the form that gives u the pain... re-write the code that is doing error
maybe stupid things..but maybe it will work.. cuz u are not dealing with logic problems anymore

#8 June 27 2006

Ragnar78

What vb are you using?

#9 June 27 2006

battikh

mir, i already tried that, i even tried to add a button that does nothing, but it's not working

Ragnar78, on windows 2003 it's vb 6.3, and teh one i use for teh compilation is 6.0
i think i should consider trying a newer version for compiling it...

#10 June 27 2006

Ragnar78

Probably. I haven't checked yet, but i guess since microsoft stopped its support for VB6 i'm not sure you might find the SP to update VB6.
Is it for work or personal use? cause i suggest you start with VB Express  2005 ...its free and awsomely powerful...I've been migrating my sniper and the looks and deployement and coding is by far more fun and healthier. You only need to compile it into an exe file and you dont need installation files (like DLLs) everything is in the framework .net 2.0

There is an integrated migration tool in 2005 so you can import your codes, but its not that good.
Last but not least, if you combine it with SQL server 2005 express (or even the Excel 2007 and its olap capabilities) you can start create a hell of a production environement

Last edited by Ragnar78 (June 27 2006)

Board footer