LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 26 2012

Odaym

Android app for remote servers administration - need feedback!

I have developed this Android application along with a partner over the course of 8 months (2 semesters; it was our senior project). The application is now live on Google Play and you can get it here.. https://play.google.com/apps/publish/Ho … 7256955468.

I would really appreciate some feedback, your opinions are highly regarded.

The app won 2nd place at Balamand's National Programming Competition, second only to Samer's "Crash Butler" (if you haven't heard yet) and won 1st place at AUST's senior projects expo this year. The app was also featured in Linux Format issue #160. This makes us very happy of course, but it isn't worth much without hearing what real users think of the application.

In a nutshell, Cura is a bundle of remote servers-administration tools that facilitate the easy maintenance, configuration and all-around administration of UNIX/Linux servers.

#2 August 31 2012

Opeth

Re: Android app for remote servers administration - need feedback!

If I had an android I would be more than happy to check it out, overall it sounds interesting.

#3 August 31 2012

Odaym

you can try this out and not just for the purpose of trying out this application, it's an Android app player for Windows that's very fast. You can run Whatsapp, Temple Run, Critical Strike, etc...

http://bluestacks.com/

#4 August 31 2012

Opeth

Odaym wrote:

you can try this out and not just for the purpose of trying out this application, it's an Android app player for Windows that's very fast. You can run Whatsapp, Temple Run, Critical Strike, etc...

http://bluestacks.com/

Not really a fan of phone apps but i'll download it for the purpose of trying out your application

#5 June 21 2014

Odaym

Well, it's been quite some time now and the app underwent a huge revamp for both UX/UI and functionality. The Imgur album below shows what it used to look like and what it looks like right now. The whole endeavor was over 40 mini-tasks ranging from custom font implementation for the whole app and padding differences between UI elements to complete rethink of UX and even complete removal of previously-core (fancy kung-fu) features.

Here the Imgur album: "Cura - SysAdmin" revisited

The album will not show every little and subtle detail of change I mentioned above but if you are interested in taking a closer look, here's app's link on the market

I encourage you to bring back any app that has any hope of getting popular or has any semblance of usefulness and tackle its old and bug-ridden code, remove big chunks and add them back to see what happens and just mold it back to what you primarily wanted it to do. Given that you now know a lot more than you used to when you first wrote it.

Thanks

Board footer