LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 6 2006

samer
Admin

The "5-Second Rule" Rules

Researchers at the University of Illinois say the so-called "5-Second Rule" isn't a myth.  They say when you drop food on the floor, it's still safe to eat if you pick it up within five seconds.
That's because it takes at least that long for germs to devour dropped food. Sticky food though, will pick up bacteria faster than dry food. read more

Hehe, it's nice to know. Next time I drop my last chip (i know you it hate when this happens) i'll know what to do.

#2 June 6 2006

mahdoum

Re: The "5-Second Rule" Rules

hmmm... 5 seconds? it always dpeneds on how clean the enviroment is

#3 June 6 2006

rolf

Well unrelated: I have heard about the 2 second rule: when you want to approach a girl to get acquainted with her you have no right to more then 2 seconds of hesitation. If you hesistate more then 2 seconds (for example 2-3 hours like I do) then forget about it and move on.

As for dropping food, I have another rule: if I'm alone I pick it up and eat it, otherwise I throw it away.

#4 June 6 2006

battikh

on myth busters (if any of you watch it, but a decent geek should ) they tried it and it was BUSTED!

#5 June 6 2006

mezin

#6 June 6 2006

rolf

youtube is great.

#7 June 7 2006

mahdoum

yup mythbusters is better

#8 June 7 2006

karim soubra

i watched that episode
i was ammazed how a dog's mouth is cleaner than that's of a human

#9 June 7 2006

mir

was ammazed how a dog's mouth is cleaner than that's of a human...

my New rules   lol
don't kiss guys..kiss dogs.. it's cleaner lol
umm.. w i think no more french kisses w heik stuff.. unless i want to kiss for less than 5 secs..

Watched that episode too
I think the rule that applies, is where u dropped the food.w iza l wahad ilo jledeh to pick it up
w i don't think ur fast enough to catch the thing is 5 seconds

If you hesistate more then 2 seconds (for example 2-3 hours like I do) then forget about it and move on.

lol at u rolf

Board footer