LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 6 2014

juicessef

Hello everyone!

So I just landed here, and I am so happy a forum like this one exists! All hail lebanese geeks!
Anyways, I'm into retro gaming and am in love with my GBA. Don't worry I also like new games but I really hate Call of Duty for some reason. It's like the McDonalds of video games (even thought I like Macdo).
I code HTML and some Java (still learning), but I have mastered the TI-84+ (shh, it's not funny) and have made various text based game on it (which is pretty easy and makes everyone think I'm some kind of computer genius).
So yeah, that's pretty much it.

#2 March 6 2014

Johnaudi

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the dark side!

#3 March 6 2014

Adnan

Heil mei Hello, and welcome to the forums !

Can we check some of your text-based games ? I love text-based games !

#4 March 6 2014

Joe

Welcome! Would love to see your games too. I don't have a TI, maybe there's an emulator?

#5 March 7 2014

juicessef

rahmu wrote:

Welcome! Would love to see your games too. I don't have a TI, maybe there's an emulator?

Yep i think there is one on the Texas instrument website.

Adnan wrote:

Heil mei Hello, and welcome to the forums !
Can we check some of your text-based games ? I love text-based games !

And of course. I'm working on a new one now and I will share it with you as soon as I finish making it. I want to start with the best that's why I don't really want to post the older ones.

#6 March 11 2014

Flakk

Welcome! Would love to see your TI games, I own a TI 83 Plus myself.

#7 March 11 2014

rolf

Johnaudi wrote:

Welcome to the dark side!

Hey, I love your avatar!

And welcome, juicessef

#8 March 13 2014

Obviously

I enjoy some retro gaming myself, but maybe not the text based stuff. I also enjoy new games that were made like retro games. Not just with the graphics, but also with the graphics and how much the game devs don't care about your sanity while you are trying to beat the game.

I still have my Sega Mega Drive 2 and Game Boy Color. Playing on them is just better than using an emulator.

I would have still had my Atari too if it wasn't thrown away.

Last edited by Obviously (March 13 2014)

#9 March 13 2014

juicessef

Obviously wrote:

I enjoy some retro gaming myself, but maybe not the text based stuff. I also enjoy new games that were made like retro games. Not just with the graphics, but also with the graphics and how much the game devs don't care about your sanity while you are trying to beat the game.

I still have my Sega Mega Drive 2 and Game Boy Color. Playing on them is just better than using an emulator.

I would have still had my Atari too if it wasn't thrown away.

I still use my GBA all the time ( and i'd still be using my GBC if i hadn't lost it years ago). I also purchased a SNES which I am really enjoying.

#10 March 14 2014

Obviously

juicessef wrote:

I still use my GBA all the time ( and i'd still be using my GBC if i hadn't lost it years ago). I also purchased a SNES which I am really enjoying.

Yes they are beautiful machines. My Sega is made in Tokyo and I have the original portable Donkey Kong play & watch :)

Got new controllers for my Sega from Amazon last time I was in the US.

Board footer