LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 27 2014

guigo170

Jobs for FPGA programmers in Lebanon?

Hello
Any FPGA(verilog/VHDL) programers and people interested in embedded systems hardware/software designs, like PLC, microcontrollers and such? what are your thoughts ?
I've been trying to find a job in this field for quite a time with no luck

#2 March 12 2014

mesa177

Re: Jobs for FPGA programmers in Lebanon?

Actually I love programming with VHDL, but I used it mostly to program FPGAs in university courses like logic design and embedded systems. That was 4 years ago. The only time I've used VHDL recently was last month while programming an FPGA for a steam sterilizer's controller board. As for embedded systems, I'm sure you get to see them quite often in any smart system including security systems, fire alarms (for institutions and hospitals), medical equipment (and plenty of it), etc... Now how often do you get to write the programs or handle code is the real question. Even if you were employed by the official distributor of a specific brand of alarm system or medical machine, it is quite rare that you would need to program an FPGA (once in a blue moon). There are higher chances for PLCs and microcontrollers though.

#3 March 13 2014

guigo170

i can't find any offices working with microcontrollers and PLCs here

#4 March 13 2014

rolf

Maybe you'll have more luck starting your own business...

#5 March 13 2014

guigo170

na i'm leaving lebanon i dont want to stay here i'm applying to anything i find in europe/canada/australia

#6 March 13 2014

mesa177

What about SDS Engineering group? Or the PAC branch of Harb Electric Offshore group? I'm sure there are other companies as well whose sole purpose is to build control systems based on PLCs.

#7 March 13 2014

john

guigo170 wrote:

na i'm leaving lebanon i dont want to stay here i'm applying to anything i find in europe/canada/australia

can you please share what websites (or other methods) you're using to find jobs there. (or is it just google)

#8 March 14 2014

guigo170

hirelebanese
lebhr
and my universities career fair guide

for other countries i am using anything i can find on google

Last edited by guigo170 (March 14 2014)

Board footer