LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 8 2014

xerxes

Numbers dissappear in Excel

I am experiencing a weird thing in Excel 2007, I have around 30 sheets with where each sheet contains description in one cell and numbers in other cells. Some numbers just disappeared from some cells (Almost every sheet lost 1 or 2 numbers )!

any idea what's going on? Virus or some bug

#2 March 8 2014

xerxes

Re: Numbers dissappear in Excel

Number disappeared are located in D27 and D29 in all sheets!

#3 March 9 2014

Johnaudi

Could you provide us the sheets so we can check them out?

#4 March 10 2014

xerxes

I sent you an email John with the excel workbook attached.

Another note: all number in d26 cell in all sheets have changed to value 23.06

#5 March 10 2014

Johnaudi

There is no scripted functions in your sheets, so this is a dynamic edit (as in, manual edit or so).

I wouldn't recommend you using Excel because, well, it's not really 'stable', for such stuff it's preferable to use a program such as Microsoft Office Access, etc.

Not sure if there is a solution for it, unless if you have it backed up somewhere.

#6 March 10 2014

xerxes

As I remember the changes started when I marked all sheets and started to search for certain words. I haven't made any changes.

I've been using excel since years and never faced such an incident.

I will go through each item and correct it myself but I am concerned about a macro virus or so hat will corrupt my file again.
N.B. when i first copied sheet number 1 a warning popped u[ saying this sheet contains a macro do you want to continue...and I agreed.
Is there a way to scan for any hidden macro virus?

Thanks for the time John.

#7 March 10 2014

Johnaudi

I might not be the right guy for this problem, since I dislike the use of Excel. But maybe while you're searching you've accidentally pressed Find and Replace? That would be my guess.

Don't know about macros, sorry.

Board footer