LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 10 2014

mmk92

Good Android development guides?

I want to work on a couple of Android apps, but I can't seem to find a good guide online that would help translate an app idea into a functional app. I have read Google's lessons and learned some key concepts such as intents/resources/etc but the lessons weren't very beginner friendly. I am experienced in programming, but kind of lost on were to start and how to write a fully functional app. Do you guys recommend any thorough online guide that could help me learn a basic amount of Android that could get me started?

#2 January 12 2014

Obviously

Re: Good Android development guides?

If you are into watching video tutorials, thenewboston.com had some. However they are very slow. I suggest fast forwarding. You could still get what he is saying. I always fast forward his video tutorials.

#3 January 12 2014

solo220

My preferred source for android programming was "android for dummies" , it starts by explaining how to install the tools.

#4 January 13 2014

eliminator

If you are into reading books, I suggest checking out the book "Beginning Android Application Development" published by Wrox and authored by Wei-Meng Lee, make sure you buy the latest version because the one I got a year ago is kinda outdated now, it is based on GB 2.3 / ICS 4.0 but it cover all the areas from setup and installation to coding. ( Based on eclipse IDE )

#5 January 14 2014

Obviously

If you want a course is about to given on Coursera: https://www.coursera.org/course/android

Board footer