LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 12 2006

battikh

Mmorpg

is anyone into MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game)
if yes, which one(s) do you play?
you prefer graphical or web based?

for web based i used to play darkthrone, barafranca and o-game. barafranca is defenitly the best, but it kills your social life, so i stoppped it
graphical: i played endless online (kind of boring due to the lack of quests and nothing much to do), and now i'm trying Goonzy, it seems kind of fun untill now. I also played stendhal, but the server is hosted on the developper's personal pc with his adsl connection, so it's kind of laggy...

the good old days i used to play iconoclast, it's a MUD that you play on your telnet client, that was a great place, and probably still is...

#2 April 13 2006

mir

Re: Mmorpg

Well, i never played one of these games
but once a frnd insisted on me subscribing to darkthrone to grow his population or something..
but i never really played the game

from the net cafe i used to go to, there is that game very famous :
world of warcraft
everybody plays it.. it is very addictive i guess
played once with my frnd's character. and i know its rules
but i never really played

#3 April 13 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Baldur's gate... and World of War Warcraft (a plague) :)

#4 April 17 2006

darkstar

I enjoy MMLRPGS ( Massively Multiplayer LAN RPGS) such as Diablo 2 (Yeah yeah its old), NWN... But i am an RTS/FPS type of gamer...

#5 April 18 2006

teodorgeorgiev

The same problem here, Darkstar. Our Diablo 1/2 servers are empty.
All the people know is Counter Strike :)

It is a pity that good games like Warcraft 3 and Call of Duty are not popular among the Lebanese =)

#6 April 19 2006

darkstar

Yes it is pity indeed. I played call of duty for a while with my friends. It is such a fun game. I love the replay feature in it when you get fragged, that way there is no way to turtle on the map. I just wish i could connect to your servers

#7 April 19 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Of course it is. Everyone who has spent at least half an hour with Call of Duty, will admit that the game is much more professional and REAL than Counter-Strike.
Khalas, Counter-Strike is for kids. It is not that real. CoD is a real, raw battle... WAR.

If you compare CoD with CS (in the matter of reality), CoD is as much real than CS, as CS is to Quake3 :-D

Btw, what provider are you connected with? Can't you find in your area some net-cafe that takes from visp?

#8 April 19 2006

darkstar

I wish I could find someone near me who is connected to VISP :S.

Teodor have you ever tried playing F.E.A.R multiplayer , i've heard that it is pretty fun.

#9 April 20 2006

teodorgeorgiev

No,

is it a new game? Because, to be honest, I am a conservative (old-fashioned) kind of person. I never play the very new games. What genre is that, indeed ?

#10 April 20 2006

darkstar

Teodor its a first person shooter with a very well done singleplayer campaigne.

#11 May 2 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Darkstar!

I just tried F.E.A.R. yesterday. The game is awesome. So psycho... ... You can definitely get your brains twisted and damaged if spending too much time on it.

Crazy!

Wild!

#12 May 2 2006

darkstar

Hehe yeah it is one of those games that you cant miss.
I'm waiting to get myself a good VGA so i can enjoy all the eyecandy.
Did you notice how cool the AI is? See how they cooperate and run for cover.

I'm glad you enjoyed it :).

BTW whats your system hardware like?

#13 May 3 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Darkstar, did you notice that Vivendi company is the author of F.E.A.R. 
Vivendi = Blizzard = Warcraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Starcraft...
I was firstly impressed by some screenshots I saw. I am coming from a PC games shop, the legal version costs more than $45 :(
In comparison most of the other games cost less than $20. Damn Vivendi, all their games are expensiver... ...

I am on 1.7Ghz Intel, 512MB RAM. And looks like it is not enough to play smoothly F.E.A.R. :(

#14 May 3 2006

darkstar

No teodor F.E.A.R. is a system hog hehe. To enjoy it you need at least of 1 Gb of Ram with a 6800 GT or better VGA and a processor of 3.0 Ghz is also recommended.(Really high specs are needed unfortunately).

Yeah this is such a great game by vivendi ( they must have been influenced by blizzard ).

Teodor, F.E.A.R was awarded GOTY 2005 ( Game of the year ) and trust me you haven't seen anything yet. I advise you to google "Crysis", a new FPS from the makers of Far Cry ( A really awesome game that you shouldn't also miss ) , and download the trailers they released a couple of weeks ago. It will really reveal to you what next-gen gaming is all about.

#15 May 3 2006

battikh

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/694/694190/imgs_1.html
http://streamingmovies.ign.com/pc/artic … owwide.wmv
http://xfersf06.ign.com/%5E1662394137/m … owwide.wmv

that's some freaking nice graphics... was the game released or is it still under development?

Last edited by battikh (May 3 2006)

#16 May 4 2006

darkstar

Still under development , its due Q1 2007.

#17 May 9 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Btw, darkstar, do not praise Blizzard (a.k.a. Vivendi) too much. Their restrictive and greedy policy against the gamers could be easily compared to what Kim-Chen-Ir is doing in North Korea !!!

#18 May 9 2006

darkstar

Teodor but I cannot denythe fact that blizzard really knows what its doing when it comes to gaming. They also know how to keep their fans pleased and satisfied no matter what game they play. Ok maybe imo they ruined it a bit with WOW (with over 6 million users, 15$/month x 6000000 = $90000000/month ) but all other games are still top notch and are still updated . Imagine that they released a patch for starcraft like 4 months ago and starcraft is a 7 year old game or so.

Plus the latest news is that they are planning to make a movie based on the WARCRAFT universe, how awesome can that be? I just hope they develop it cinematic style. Have you seen the cinematics in warcraft 3 roc and tft?

Teodor and battikh I advise you to keep an eye on E3 which is from may 9 to 12.
For more info about E3: http://www.e3insider.com/portal/

Major sites covering this event: gamespot.com, ign.com, 1up.com.

Enjoy..

Board footer