LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 25 2013

Prince

Ubuntu vs Linux Mint

The Difference is clear to me as Linux Mint still use gnome as for Ubuntu is going beyond and working on unity from 12.06 if am not wrong
there Software Manager include none GUI software like for example build-esstional , youtube-dl
for settings Linux Mint adding some feature that Ubuntu didn't even bother  to add them like changing theme adding widgets to your desktop like the one on windows 7 and Vista and she added  the ability to edit you panel setting adding whatever you want on your panel  beside your clock and date and your battery coming for performance Less CPU usage Less Memory consumption.

And Looking on top10 distro for 2014 Linux Mint was 1st then Ubuntu Came the 2nd

Last edited by Prince (December 25 2013)

#2 December 25 2013

bermudapineapple

Re: Ubuntu vs Linux Mint

You mean Linux Mint? I liked it. It was my favorite distro. I hated Ubuntu's new UI.

#3 December 28 2013

Ap0rd

Ubuntu has something Mint doesn't have: WUBI. It's an installer that installs your copy of Ubuntu in Windows as another program.

#4 December 28 2013

Prince

Ap0rd wrote:

Ubuntu has something Mint doesn't have: WUBI. It's an installer that installs your copy of Ubuntu in Windows as another program.

You can install it on alongside you Windows 7 / 8 / etc.. as i tried it few days ago

Board footer