LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 27 2006

imadthemad

MAD FS: The Best FileSharing Solution

Hi guys
i am imad akel from beirut, lebanon
i am 16 years old and have been programming for about 4 years now
nice to see there is a lebanese forum on the internet with programming in it
first off i am interested in seeing a couple of the apps you have made(your best)
my best is nba video central v2 which i made with vs2005 (so you need .net framework 2.0)
it is a program used to download nba videos
you can check it out here http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=67406

anyway that is not why i am here
i am here because i found the solution to the warez-filesharing problem
it wont do us here in lebanon much good since we dont have superfast connections anyway, but for those not in lebanon that do have them, atleast they should be using their high speed internet connections for file sharing don't you think?

i am sure you have heard of some filehosts such as rapidshare.de and megaupload.com that allow you to upload a 100mb file
i found about 30 other filehosts like them
the problem is they do offer enough space but the download speed is slow because of their limited bandwidth offered
each one goes about 10-50KB\s even on 200KB\s connections

the solution is not hacking into those hosts to get a premium account
the solution is in one easy software: "MAD FS"
MAD FS-or MAD File Sharing- is the project i am currently working on that will solve the filesharing problem once and for all and offer the world high speed file sharing

you have 30 hosts, each host gives you 10KB\s atleast
why not make a program that splits a file into 30 pieces and uploads a piece to each of these hosts
then when you download each piece is downloaded at 10KB\s so the download rate for that file will be 30*10=300KB\s!!!

i have already made a file splitter and a file combiner so i have the I\O thing under control, but it is taking me alot of time to make an uploader and downloader specific to each filehost since each filehost is different
so far i have been working 2 months and only finished 6 file hosts on upload and download

i need help from experienced programmers...you must know a good deal of socket and internet programming...i am only a vb programmer but if you know c or java you can still be alot of help

so, anyone want to help make this magnificent program?

#2 April 27 2006

mahdoum

Re: MAD FS: The Best FileSharing Solution

can't help you know more then I do  seems like an interesting idea though, good luck. I take it ur going into computer science at uni?

#3 April 28 2006

samer
Admin

hey, nice to have you here ^^
just a quick question. how are you going to handle CAPTCHA's automaticly? sooner or later all hosts will have some kind of bot protection.

#4 April 29 2006

mir

you must know a good deal of socket and internet programming

umm ...i actually never worked with sockets .. so i don't think i will be pretty much help

it is a nice project you have in mind !
good luck with it lol

#5 April 29 2006

imadthemad

i am not going in to computer science
i am going into med school
i want to be a neuro surgeon
there are too many programmers out there i just do it as a hobby
also i only make programs that are, well, lets just say they are not for sale for legality issues ;)
the hosts do not have bot protection on upload
they do have protection on download though
i can keep updating the program(i put an auto updater in it)
i do not think my users will have a problem with entering a few numbers from an image in to a textbox

#6 April 29 2006

samer
Admin

i do not think my users will have a problem with entering a few numbers from an image in to a textbox

well no, if it were one site- not 10. plus, how are you planning to retreive the images knowing that most captcha systems depend on session ids or some special md5-generated keys. Anyway, I wish you best of luck :)

Board footer